A Litte advice for next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Litte advice for next year...

How about not booing our team??? Sure we booed them at halftime vs SD and we won but....on t.v that looks unprofessional,childish,classless. When i watched the steelers game,i kno we should have been winning by halftime since we were 9-0 at home 13-3 at home. Then we are trailing,my son says,''why are they booing?'' oh well,just a little word of advice next year...(we might even have a losing record )

My opinion is that the booing at the start of halftime at the San Diego game was justified. The fans were booing the poor effort. And it was a pretty pathetic first six quarters of the season for the Broncos. They weren't getting it done and it looked like no one on the team cared. So I'm glad some fans let the team have it with the Boos.

I was very surprised at the boos at the end of the first half during the championship series. Yes, we were getting killed and had made some mistakes. But everyone on the team was showing good effort. We just got outclassed by a better team that day. But at the half, I would have preferred some cheers of encouragement, rather than boos.

Comment

sorry my friend but when you pay "x" amount of dollars to watch an afc championsihp game and see your team hopefully reach the superbowl only to not show up for the first half and miss play after play after play that could have been made, frankly you deserve to voice your opinion. that was pathetic and embarrassing 24-3 at halftime...they deserved those boos...dont be whining and complaining about the fans sitting on your couch watching the game for free... some of us dished out dollars for that game and can cheer whichever way we like...

Comment

Originally posted by all DENVER
        How about not booing our team??? Sure we booed them at halftime vs SD and we won but....on t.v that looks unprofessional,childish,classless. When i watched the steelers game,i kno we should have been winning by halftime since we were 9-0 at home 13-3 at home. Then we are trailing,my son says,''why are they booing?'' oh well,just a little word of advice next year...(we might even have a losing record )

yea but.. even if 100 people on this board go to the game, read this thread, and listen to you..... it wont stop 50,000 - 60,000 other fans from booing as well.
        Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMagic07
          sorry my friend but when you pay "x" amount of dollars to watch an afc championsihp game and see your team hopefully reach the superbowl only to not show up for the first half and miss play after play after play that could have been made, frankly you deserve to voice your opinion. that was pathetic and embarrassing 24-3 at halftime...they deserved those boos...dont be whining and complaining about the fans sitting on your couch watching the game for free... some of us dished out dollars for that game and can cheer whichever way we like...
          Sorry, but I disagree at half time.

3 scores is not an insumountable lead to claw back, and lets face it we've all seen the Broncos perform miracles. Peersonally, I'd prefer to be positive and hopefully that can get your own team fired up for the second half, and get the opposition wondering WTF is going on......................trust me, I've seen it happen.

Full time however, well that's a different story.
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMagic07
            well then don't pay ''x'' amount.......go pay ur bills or something but don't boo our team.

Comment

The fans who booed are a bunch of classless disgraces. Sure you pay X amounts of dollars to go watch, but that doesn't buy you the right to boo the team.

And it wasn't 50,000 or even 60,000 at the game...There was 76,000 people there, Genius. He isn't speaking to the specific people on these boards.
              Last edited by Domination; 01-26-2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

i think it should inspire them not to look bad and get the fans angry somethimes i acutally think it helps
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Domination
                  The fans who booed are a bunch of classless disgraces. Sure you pay X amounts of dollars to go watch, but that doesn't buy you the right to boo the team.

And it wasn't 50,000 or even 60,000 at the game...There was 76,000 people there, Genius. He isn't speaking to the specific people on these boards.
                  So if our team is losing by 20 points we are supposed to clap and take a swig of our beer while high-fiving our buddies?

Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Hova The God
                    So if our team is losing by 20 points we are supposed to clap and take a swig of our beer while high-fiving our buddies?

Give me a break.
                    oh so ur gonna boo like a 12 year old would do?? i didn't know denver was full of 12 year olds....but if it is,GO NUGGETS!

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, they deserved it, the players don't wanna get booed...then dont stink it up on your homefield and dissapoint 75,000 fans who paid $500 per seat to come and watch you play!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domination

Well, actually, there were 76,000+ people at the game, but I'd say a 50-60k estimate of Broncos fans at the game would be on the money.

As far as booing goes, there are a number of reasons that any fan - at the game or not - would boo...For example, You could be booing the Broncos because you're a Steelers fan...You could be booing the Steelers players that are making a big deal as they jump off the field...You could also be booing at the refs for the calls they were(n't) making...You could be booing classless fans of the opposing team in your section. Heck, I've even seen fans booing during the game due to security throwing a Bronco fan out...

Booing is one of the least violent/disturbing actions that a fan can make at a game -- if the playing (or lack thereof) on the field is not up to par, then why not motivate the players to do better in the second half? As I recall, sure they were booed off the field (at both the SD & AFCCG) but CHEERED on to the field. It makes a statement and gets the players back into the game, typically.

Not that I'm comparing our fanbases -- but also look at us v. the Giants this year. We were controlling that game -- until the Giants fans started booing their team and got them fired back up for the second half...Low and behold, we lose...hmm...coincidence? Possibly...

Comment

well then don't pay ''x'' amount.......go pay ur bills or something but don't boo our team.
                          i was booing b/c our team didn't show up and thought it was cheerleading practice instead of game-time, but i guess i shouldn't boo right? i mean, they might as well have worn skirts and came out dancing and we should all cheer for them right... get your head out of your u know what buddy... this is the NFL, not cheerleading try-outs... your blind judgment would support the broncos in cheerleader uniforms dancing around... i can see it now... lelie and plummer doing ballet with you cheering them on... pathetic you think your a true fan... the real fans want to win... booing doesn't mean we hate the team, it means you guys are playing like crap and thats not acceptable in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game! you can keep on cheering for more 24-3 deficits at halfime buddy. keep it up true fan!

Comment

You are right we looked as stupid as those Eagle fans.
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                              You are right we looked as stupid as those Eagle fans.
                              yea i kno...eagle fans=bad memories

Comment

Working...
                              X