No announcement yet.

A Litte advice for next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pay $1,040 for my pair of tix and have been doing so for the past 20 years, and the Championship tix are extra. I expect the Broncos to at least play competitive. I am not naive enough to expect them to win every home game, and I have seen my share of losses at home. Is what I do not expect is poor performance, and that was what I saw at the Steelers game...blown coverages, Jake throwing like a girl, receivers not running routes, etc. When the defense was on the field I did my 12th man thing to the point I didn't get my voice back until Tuesday. But make no mistake about it at the half I did express my displeasure at their performance.

I challenge any of the politically correct crowd on this thread to put your time in on the wait list, then pony up the money for the tix, watch the team perform poorly or at best like the local JV team at a first practice scrimmage, and not show your displeasure. Think about it.
    As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

I paid 1k per ticket. Drove 12 hours each way. Missed 3 days of work. And I still cheered my team off the field after the first half. I was sitting right next to the tunnel. And everyone around me was cheering. I didn't hear any of the booing. But booing in my opionion is one of the most disrespectful and childish things a fan can do. Put it this way, if your child or family member was in some competition would you boo them? Of course not. And if you would you have problems...seriously.

I believe I can fly.

Just becasue the refs made the wrong call in Indy doesn't mean they should hand the Steelers the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Rex
        I paid 1k per ticket. Drove 12 hours each way. Missed 3 days of work. And I still cheered my team off the field after the first half. I was sitting right next to the tunnel. And everyone around me was cheering. I didn't hear any of the booing. But booing in my opionion is one of the most disrespectful and childish things a fan can do. Put it this way, if your child or family member was in some competition would you boo them? Of course not. And if you would you have problems...seriously.
        First they are not my children or even related to me. Second they are paid professional athletes. As such there is an expectation of a higher level of performance than was seen by the team against the Steelers. Of course if you paid 1k per tix and sat next to the tunnel you bought you tix from a scalper, and do not attend games on a regular basis.

By the way, the way they played, and were coached was disrespectful of the fans. I would not expect someone to step in fecal matter and comment on how sweet it smells.
        As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
          My opinion is that the booing at the start of halftime at the San Diego game was justified. The fans were booing the poor effort. And it was a pretty pathetic first six quarters of the season for the Broncos. They weren't getting it done and it looked like no one on the team cared. So I'm glad some fans let the team have it with the Boos.

I was very surprised at the boos at the end of the first half during the championship series. Yes, we were getting killed and had made some mistakes. But everyone on the team was showing good effort. We just got outclassed by a better team that day. But at the half, I would have preferred some cheers of encouragement, rather than boos.
          Actually, I have thought ever since that game that the boos actually had a positive effect on the team. It seemed to shock the team, and they morphed into something entirely different in the second half. I'm not saying that was the factor that turned the game (and therefore the season) around, but I believe it did have an effect.

Nonetheless, if the fans are unhappy, they should show they're unhappy. After all, as I'm sure will be pointed out in this thread, they pay the bills.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by jam1369
            First they are not my children or even related to me. Second they are paid professional athletes. As such there is an expectation of a higher level of performance than was seen by the team against the Steelers. Of course if you paid 1k per tix and sat next to the tunnel you bought you tix from a scalper, and do not attend games on a regular basis.

By the way, the way they played, and were coached was disrespectful of the fans. I would not expect someone to step in fecal matter and comment on how sweet it smells.
            You are a paid professional. What ever it is you do that you get paid for makes you a professional in that profession. Your bosses are professionals. The owners of who ever you work for are professionals. Do people come to your profession and boo at you? Your a paid professional. Would you like it? Or would you be like, oh they are trying to motivate me.

And by the way I can not attend games on a regualr basis since I do not live close enough. But I am on the season ticket waiting list. And if I ever get any, LMAO, I will move to Denver.

And what in the hell does stepping in fecal matter have to do with anything??? You must be having a bad day. Hope you have a better day

I believe I can fly.

Just becasue the refs made the wrong call in Indy doesn't mean they should hand the Steelers the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
              Actually, I have thought ever since that game that the boos actually had a positive effect on the team. It seemed to shock the team, and they morphed into something entirely different in the second half. I'm not saying that was the factor that turned the game (and therefore the season) around, but I believe it did have an effect.

Nonetheless, if the fans are unhappy, they should show they're unhappy. After all, as I'm sure will be pointed out in this thread, they pay the bills.

-----
              See, This last point I disagree with. I pay 6 grand a year for two tickets. Heck I just got the bill yesterday already! Due by the end of the month no less.

I dont pay the bills. TELEVISION pays for the bulk of this. The fans are only a small part of the overall revenue of the game.

However, we do pay, there's no denying that.

I just wont boo my team under any circumstances. I'll yell, "What the &^%$ was that? C'mon Ash, ya gotta catch that! Rod's OPEN Jake! Hit him already!" Stuff like that.

But I WILL NOT BOO THEM! EVER!

To each his own. Do what you will, but I lose respect for people who boo the team and try to justify it by saying thay pay the bills.

My $6,000 a year doesnt even cover the cost of the balls they use.................

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                See, This last point I disagree with. I pay 6 grand a year for two tickets. Heck I just got the bill yesterday already! Due by the end of the month no less.

I dont pay the bills. TELEVISION pays for the bulk of this. The fans are only a small part of the overall revenue of the game.

However, we do pay, there's no denying that.

I just wont boo my team under any circumstances. I'll yell, "What the &^%$ was that? C'mon Ash, ya gotta catch that! Rod's OPEN Jake! Hit him already!" Stuff like that.

But I WILL NOT BOO THEM! EVER!

To each his own. Do what you will, but I lose respect for people who boo the team and try to justify it by saying thay pay the bills.

My $6,000 a year doesnt even cover the cost of the balls they use.................
                You make a very good point, JWinn. No I don't think a crowd should boo all that easily. But when a team is not playing up to its capabilities (such as the first half of that SD game), then I just can't really hold it against them. And the crowd, in a way, represents the TV audience you alluded to, who cannot make their voices known at the time.

To clarify my point, the "boo" should seldom be heard (except as directed toward officials or the other team ), but it can be effective if timely.

IMHO.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                  You make a very good point, JWinn. No I don't think a crowd should boo all that easily. But when a team is not playing up to its capabilities (such as the first half of that SD game), then I just can't really hold it against them. And the crowd, in a way, represents the TV audience you alluded to, who cannot make their voices known at the time.

To clarify my point, the "boo" should seldom be heard (except as directed toward officials or the other team ), but it can be effective if timely.

IMHO.

-----
                  Yeah, I've seen it have positive effects. I've also seen it have the reverse effect.

Criticism is one thing, BOOing is another in my book. I just wont do it. I wont even boo the other team after all these years. I did when I was a kid, but no more, not even the Raiders.

I applaud the greats as they come out onto the field, and after they make a great play because that's what I pay to see, the greats do their stuff, regardless of what shirt they wear.

What can I say? I'm a football fan. We all root in our own way. That's what makes us individuals.

I dunno, I just feel I dont have time to boo my team. I dont go there to do that. I'm too busy trying to have a good time.

Comment

Bump.

-----

Comment

Working...
                    X