Anderson signed/Will compete for RB job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson signed/Will compete for RB job

This is pretty cool someone else posted this article in another thread but I thought I make another one talking specifcally about Anderson and his role this upcoming season.

Rocky Mountain News

Yeah, it's great to have Mike locked down, but this promise he's received to not have to play FB and compete for the RB job means we MUST work out a deal with Droughns. FB is such an important position. Reuben played great last year, knows the system... I would have a real bad feeling going into this season with a rookie FB, and picking up a decent one in FA is unlikely - we need a veteran receiver from FA (to quote the article).

Comment

Originally posted by cooperkayd
      Yeah, it's great to have Mike locked down, but this promise he's received to not have to play FB and compete for the RB job means we MUST work out a deal with Droughns. FB is such an important position. Reuben played great last year, knows the system... I would have a real bad feeling going into this season with a rookie FB, and picking up a decent one in FA is unlikely - we need a veteran receiver from FA (to quote the article).
      Even if we do get Droughns we will need a backup to him if M.A. gets the HB job.

Comment

Reuben doesn't want to play FB. He asked if he would be given the chance to play RB, shanny said no, so reuben asked for his release. Reuben won't be back.
        Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

You know, I think I do remember reading that somewhere Rascal. So what are we going to do? Maybe we will have to find a FB in FA... any good ones out there?

Comment

You know, I think I do remember reading that somewhere Rascal. So what are we going to do? Maybe we will have to find a FB in FA... any good ones out there?
            FB's are cheap, I'm not to worried about getting a FB we have other gaps to fill that are more pressing.
            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

So what do yall think with Mike back in there? What kind of numbers are we looking at? I betcha he gets 1550 yrds if he starts.

Comment

I think with Mike wanting to play HB it almost guarantees us moving to a RBBC system, because I think Griffin will be the official starter.

Comment

I think with Mike wanting to play HB it almost guarantees us moving to a RBBC system, because I think Griffin will be the official starter.
                  You may be right

Comment

the colts released former bronco Detron Smith, he was a good backup fb and special teamer with us , ya gotta have two fbs, why not pick this guy up cheap as a second stringer?
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                      the colts released former bronco Detron Smith, he was a good backup fb and special teamer with us , ya gotta have two fbs, why not pick this guy up cheap as a second stringer?
                      that is a good idea, I would not mins seeing the bowling ball back in D-town... but we are going to go to a one back system and throw the ball more then run it...
                      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

I too am glad Mike is back in the mix, and am hopeful he will return to his previous RB form. It doesn't hurt that he's familiar with the system.

Like Rascal eluded too, FB's are fairly cheap. Realistically speaking the Bronco's aren't much of a "FB up the gut" type team, so even if we were to pick up a 6th or 7th rounder in the draft that was decent in the blocking / pass protection scheme, we'd be fine.

I've heard quite a bit about Quentin Griffin the last couple weeks, but has anyone heard anything about the rookie we picked up last year that got injured ( Ahmaad Galloway ). Will he be ready to play this year? The team seemed to be touting his skills last year ( prior to the injury ) more than they were about CP. Just an afterthought, but he's about the perfect size for a FB if he doesn't work out at RB.

Whatcha think?

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

It is good that Mike Anderson would get another shot as RB. He is a great guy and works hard. Hopefully he can drop the fullback weight that I think hindered his running ability a bit. He was a great fit for the broncos, and I think he should have filled the void, when Terrell Davis couldnt go anymore. Why the organization was so high on Gary blows my mind after Anderson had that 1500+ season. The question is now, do we go after Dillon?

as for a fullback, Kleinsasser is available but i dont see him coming here.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Kleinsasser re-signed.
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I seem to remember back in the mists of time Byner & Mack both having 1,000yd seasons for the dawgs. If we're going to play by comittee, what are the chances Mike & Q getting something similar, especially if Mike spends some time at FB, allowing for greater deception of intent?
                              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
                              X