Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson signed/Will compete for RB job

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    As far as FB goes, what about Cecil the Diesel being the man? Everyone forgets about him...

    Comment


    • #17
      Mike & Q will be a great Duet, I think Q will 1,300+, and Mike will get around 500...equivalent to CP
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Uhh, i dont like the idea of Mike being a RB again, we need a FB and he is already a good one, meanwhile he is not a good RB right now and would take at least a year or so for him to get all his speed back and IF he does do that we wont have a FB no more, so i think he should just stay at FB while getting some carries there as a FB, like the 1 2 punch they had in the indy game.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

        I tried to warn ya.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BlueDamsel
          As far as FB goes, what about Cecil the Diesel being the man? Everyone forgets about him...
          I like that nickname. I think it would be a nice way to get him on the field, but he has to be able to hold blocks and catch the ball.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Return of Lava
            Uhh, i dont like the idea of Mike being a RB again, we need a FB and he is already a good one, meanwhile he is not a good RB right now and would take at least a year or so for him to get all his speed back and IF he does do that we wont have a FB no more, so i think he should just stay at FB while getting some carries there as a FB, like the 1 2 punch they had in the indy game.
            I think that at this point in his career MA is definitely more valuable to us playing FB.

            Comment


            • #21
              This offseason is starting to shape up to be a real good one maybe especially after the draft. Anderson being back was a must without portis so that is good. Also i read that hayward got tendered like a million and some change so if we have the right to match and if we dont we get a first round pick. So either way with hayward we'll come out golden. There are some decent linebackers and d lineman that have been cut also so if we miss out on barry gold and hayward we might not be too bad off if we pick up a couple of free agents. I think we must resign droughns but if not like someone said earlier detron smith would be a good replacement. Then he could start and let shanahan figure out between griffin anderson, galloway, sapp and a draft pick who starts. Id hope we could hit on one of them at rb. Maybe we could bring griese back at a really really low price to be a back up. I hate him but at least he can win a game for us in relief. I think we should also pick up a decent receiver and o lineman too.

              Comment


              • #22
                For those who questioned Mike Anderson's Speed, He still runs in the 4.5 which is right in the range for a running back. Minus 10-15 lbs and some off season training and hel be in the low fives ready to be our starting running back again.

                "OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

                "....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

                "My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by RebelSyxx
                  For those who questioned Mike Anderson's Speed, He still runs in the 4.5 which is right in the range for a running back. Minus 10-15 lbs and some off season training and hel be in the low fives ready to be our starting running back again.
                  Why not admit that he helps the team more at FB? Can he be a starting RB in the league again? probably, but the team needs him to be a versatile FB. Shanny changed the O to accommodate his move to FB.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    i have a hard time believing he still runs a 4.5 also, did you see him run on that long game, he was short legging and he wasnt very fast at all. I am hoping he plays FB.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                    I tried to warn ya.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Return of Lava
                      i have a hard time believing he still runs a 4.5 also, did you see him run on that long game, he was short legging and he wasnt very fast at all. I am hoping he plays FB.
                      I think he will definitely be at FB after Q, Ahmaad, and maybe Sapp show major promise during camp.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i think with some offseason training, he could get back to how he was a few years back, maybe even better now that he has experience
                        .........................................

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X