Montana vs. Elway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana vs. Elway

No offense to Joe but all i hear is how great he was. Don't get me wrong he was great but look at the teams he played on. Jerry Rice, Taylor, Craig the whole O-line, not to mention playing in the west coast offense! John was stuck playing for Dan the dumba$$ who instead of trying to build around him goes out and draft a QB in the first round(tommy maddox at that)? I say if John would have had Joe's team in denver, he'd have two hands full of rings!

Re: Montana vs. Elway

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
    No offense to Joe but all i hear is how great he was. Don't get me wrong he was great but look at the teams he played on. Jerry Rice, Taylor, Craig the whole O-line, not to mention playing in the west coast offense! John was stuck playing for Dan the dumba$$ who instead of trying to build around him goes out and draft a QB in the first round(tommy maddox at that)? I say if John would have had Joe's team in denver, he'd have two hands full of rings!
    No doubt. Big #7 was the best QB of his era hands down.

Comment

You could have taken out montana and put in Elway and the 49ers would have still gotten to all those superbowls and won them........if you would have placed montana in all those 80's denver super bowl teams i dont think the broncos would have even gotten to one super bowl. Elway was the best all around qb that ever lived period!
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

There was a *slightly* plausible argument here in maybe 1995 or so but after the two super bowls there's no comparison. Given what he had to work with Elway accomplished WAY more than Joe.

I won't even get into how much more pure athletic ability he had...
        "There's only one guy in the world that could make that throw..."

Comment

Originally posted by CDNBronco
          There was a *slightly* plausible argument here in maybe 1995 or so but after the two super bowls there's no comparison. Given what he had to work with Elway accomplished WAY more than Joe.

I won't even get into how much more pure athletic ability he had...
          Fa sho. Elway was an amazing physical specimen in his youth and only got better with age. He trumps Montana any day of the week.

Comment

I don't think Elway needed the whole 49er's team, just their coach, cause Reeves would just messed that team up too.

Elway won all those games in spite of Reeves, so that's why Elway is the best of all time in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
              Fa sho. Elway was an amazing physical specimen in his youth and only got better with age. He trumps Montana any day of the week.
              http://home.comcast.net/~boofeyblit...ia/JECH9310.MOV

See signature...

Comment

http://home.comcast.net/~boofeyblit...ia/JECH9310.MOV

See signature...
                I'm sorry man but the link wouldn't load up for me. That's signature is on point though.

Comment

I'm sorry man but the link wouldn't load up for me. That's signature is on point though.
                  Crap, it was up last night. Basically it's a vid of Elway avoiding a hit then launching a 65 yard bomb flat footed for a TD. You know, typical stuff

Comment

Crap, it was up last night. Basically it's a vid of Elway avoiding a hit then launching a 65 yard bomb flat footed for a TD. You know, typical stuff
                    It was amazing how he made it look so easy wasn't it.

Comment

It was amazing how he made it look so easy wasn't it.
                      I doubt we'll ever see a guy who can make the plays he did. We're lucky to have seen him play...

Comment

I doubt we'll ever see a guy who can make the plays he did. We're lucky to have seen him play...
                        Yea definitely. He will always be the one people think about when they think about the Denver Broncos. Now lets just hope that Jake the Snake gives us some good memories too.

Comment

Ain't that the truth. When they started showing football this side of the pond, Joe was the established guy, he already had his first ring, and all the commentators over here were saying this was how the position was played. The first game I saw was the Skins - Raiders Superbowl, then the following season they started a highlights show. I didn't know my 'O' from 'D', my screen from draw or jack. But it was fun so I got a few books and learnt to understand the game.
                          And the commentators were on about this punk kid , virtually every week, who'd spat out his dummy, refused to play for who he was supposed, and basically stank. Then towards the end of the season, they showed THAT game in Baltimore. It was built up because of the trade, and John worked his Magic. That was the hook. That was when I 'decided' Denver were the team I was going to follow. Joe Montana was the man, his side were the dog's danglies. But John Elway, well he just had the Magic.

'The Drive' was fantastic, and I've still got it on video, but Joe could & did do that sort of thing. For me personally, my two favorite bits of magic were the '88 Championship game, when being blitzed, scrambling running into his own line he found Mark Jackson for 80 & 7, and the Superbowl when 3 defenders decided they were going to come between John and a first. Bad move guys!!
                          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

i don't think there is a best qb but def a top 10 all equal.....imo no one is better than the other
                            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

You look at the record books and although he might now be first in alot of them he's in the top five in almost all of them. He could run, throw, and even catch!

I rem. in the super bowl, i can't rem if it was the 9ers or NY but he throw that pass that hit the defensive guy's finger and broke it and the ball hardly wobbled. Thats a cannon!

Comment

Working...
                              X