Wait a minute, let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait a minute, let me get this straight

I just read an article that said we had about $14.7 mil available for spending in free agency, why havent we signed hayward berry gold or hamilton yet?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Re: Wait a minute, let me get this straight

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I just read an article that said we had about $14.7 mil available for spending in free agency, why havent we signed hayward berry gold or hamilton yet?
    We have signed Hayward and Hamilton to qualifying offers. If anyone matches Hayward's deal and we let him go we get a 1st round pick and if anyone matches Hamilton's and we let him go we get a 4th rounder.

I hope that Gold comes to his senses and comes back, and if we can't sign someone like Marcellus Wiley I think we will try to re-sign Berry.

Comment

We need to keep Berry....... He is nasty

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
        We need to keep Berry....... He is nasty
        Dude is fast too. He's 6'3" 250 and he runs a 4.54 40. I would like for Denver to re-sign him, but if we can get Wiley for around the same money I would like to see him in Blue & Orange.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
          Dude is fast too. He's 6'3" 250 and he runs a 4.54 40. I would like for Denver to re-sign him, but if we can get Wiley for around the same money I would like to see him in Blue & Orange.
          you want wiley over berry? i would rather have berry he is younger i think and i think he is a good guy in the locker room already, we will need that if sharpe retires
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

berry is an edge rusher, wiley is a pocket collapser with the ability to get to the qb. Two totally seperate things, besides with hayward only getting third down snaps, he still racked up 8.5 sacks, 2 more than berry last year doing the same thing. The real reason their so good is whats on the other side. Pryce makes the whole line better.

We signed hayward to a first rd qualifying offer, if any team wants him the'll have to give up their first round. Do you know any team that is willing to give up a first rounder for a situational pass rusher? I don't either.

We have three DL that didn't play a snap last season due to injury, and we still haven't addressed mr. IHOP. We'll probably cut him after june, because it's less of a burden on our salary cap.

I don't know about you guys but everytime I saw the blitz coming on salaam's side, I winced cause thats the weak spot in our pass protection. Him and hamilton weren't the best at it, and that's why the cutting isn't such a tremendous shock. We'll just keep the pocket moving until Lepsis gets his feet under him or we'll resign Salaam when he finds out that he won't be seeing the big money.

Next thing to discuss is backup qb. This evening on espn radio, Clayton said that Denver was interested in Kordell, however, we wouldn't be doing anything about it in the intial wave of free agency.

We'll be drafting like this in the first couple of rds:

This is Opinion

1.) Raushaun Woods, or Clayton
            2.)Troupe or Watson
            2.)Defensive Linemen probably a pure pass rusher
            3.)Tatum Bell or Maurice Clarett

I think well draft either Van Pelt or Josh Harris. I also think we may go after a punter since Knorr is doing nothing for us.

Comment

you want wiley over berry? i would rather have berry he is younger i think and i think he is a good guy in the locker room already, we will need that if sharpe retires
              Berry will be 29, Wiley will be 30. I think Berry is a little faster though. Wiley seems like a great guy and likes to lighten the mood with a little laughter. I think Berry was great for us last year and I would like to have back without a doubt, but I was throwing the possibility of signing Wiley out there.

Comment

You mean when Shannon retires - this year or next...

and lava - 4200+ posts? that is sick

Comment

you want sick for posters? go to www.orangemane.com There are posters with 20,000+ posts. Thats sick

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                    berry is an edge rusher, wiley is a pocket collapser with the ability to get to the qb. Two totally seperate things, besides with hayward only getting third down snaps, he still racked up 8.5 sacks, 2 more than berry last year doing the same thing. The real reason their so good is whats on the other side. Pryce makes the whole line better.
                    Actually I think Berry had 11 sacks last year.

Comment

That sounds correct.
                      kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

We signed hayward to a first rd qualifying offer, if any team wants him the'll have to give up their first round. Do you know any team that is willing to give up a first rounder for a situational pass rusher? I don't either.

We have three DL that didn't play a snap last season due to injury, and we still haven't addressed mr. IHOP. We'll probably cut him after june, because it's less of a burden on our salary cap.

I don't know about you guys but everytime I saw the blitz coming on salaam's side, I winced cause thats the weak spot in our pass protection. Him and hamilton weren't the best at it, and that's why the cutting isn't such a tremendous shock. We'll just keep the pocket moving until Lepsis gets his feet under him or we'll resign Salaam when he finds out that he won't be seeing the big money.

Next thing to discuss is backup qb. This evening on espn radio, Clayton said that Denver was interested in Kordell, however, we wouldn't be doing anything about it in the intial wave of free agency.

We'll be drafting like this in the first couple of rds:

This is Opinion

1.) Raushaun Woods, or Clayton
                        2.)Troupe or Watson
                        2.)Defensive Linemen probably a pure pass rusher
                        3.)Tatum Bell or Maurice Clarett

I think well draft either Van Pelt or Josh Harris. I also think we may go after a punter since Knorr is doing nothing for us.
                        OK i see. Well even thoguh Pryce was the star, Berry still had 11.5 sacks, team him up with Hayward who had 8.5 sacks in limited action we have a pretty potent line, which is a must. If Berry and Hayward are feeding off Pryce, so be it they are still producing. I dont think those 3 have played together that much but i think it would really help an already close to dominant D. I feel we should leave Wiley alone and go after maybe an offensive free agent, maybe a big name o-lineman or young WR, but not defense and especially not d-line, we have like 11 players there already.

I didnt think plummer was ever smacked from blind side last year, if so i missed it, but i thought Salaam was very solid and very polished looking. I dont think he will be easily replaced either. I expect Foster to take over that spot since Lepsis isnt used to playing over there and Foster is much bigger anyway and Lepsis is faster andn better suited for running out into the second level as a RT so i think Lepsis will stay at right tackle. I think Foster will do well though and i dont really feel concerned that much about o-line.

Back up QB is up in the air, i would like to see JJ kept and kanell released while we draft one in maybe the 3rd or 4th round, but i have no idea about the Kordell talk, he is almost exactly like jarious jackson his accuracy is average also. Either way i just hope we dont lose Plummer.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

not this season, the previous one.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=658

He had 6.5 sacks in 2002, while as a situational pass rusher only on 3rd downs. While this year Hayward had 8 sacks as a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs. If the projected growth is the same, and I hear that they like what Hayward has started to show against the run. Haywards projected stats next year should put him at 13-14 sacks. This of course is when he'll be an UFA and then he'll leave and go cash in, like berry is this year. Thats why we game him a first round tender. Because we know what he'll do for us as an every down player while the new DL get in their turn for the third down rotation.

Comment

I didnt think plummer was ever smacked from blind side last year, if so i missed it, but i thought Salaam was very solid and very polished looking. I dont think he will be easily replaced either. I expect Foster to take over that spot since Lepsis isnt used to playing over there and Foster is much bigger anyway and Lepsis is faster andn better suited for running out into the second level as a RT so i think Lepsis will stay at right tackle. I think Foster will do well though and i dont really feel concerned that much about o-line.
                            Actually you want a left tackle with great feet, you need them since you have to be able to defend the best dlinemen on the opponents team. Foster will be our ORT unless Lepsis blows and Salaam looked anything but polished. Did you ever why Plummer always bootlegged to the right?

Comment

not this season, the previous one.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=658

He had 6.5 sacks in 2002, while as a situational pass rusher only on 3rd downs. While this year Hayward had 8 sacks as a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs. If the projected growth is the same, and I hear that they like what Hayward has started to show against the run. Haywards projected stats next year should put him at 13-14 sacks. This of course is when he'll be an UFA and then he'll leave and go cash in, like berry is this year. Thats why we game him a first round tender. Because we know what he'll do for us as an every down player while the new DL get in their turn for the third down rotation.
                              well i am having a hard time following all that. I knew about berry's 6.5 sacks last eyar and 11.5 this year and hayward's 8.5 this year and projected 13-14 next year, but i am saying why not keep BOTH of them? Berry's 11 sacks teamed with Hayward's new every play starting role to get maybe 13 sacks and Pryce moving back to his original spot where he once had like 13 sacks at tackle and i think even fatafehi will throw in 5 or 6 sounds real good to me dont you think?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X