Wait a minute, let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    I feel we should leave Wiley alone and go after maybe an offensive free agent, maybe a big name o-lineman or young WR, but not defense and especially not d-line, we have like 11 players there already.

I expect Foster to take over that spot since Lepsis isnt used to playing over there and Foster is much bigger anyway and Lepsis is faster and better suited for running out into the second level as a RT so i think Lepsis will stay at right tackle. I think Foster will do well though and i dont really feel concerned that much about o-line.

I like Bert Berry. He was a pleasant surprise last year. All I'm saying is that I think Wiley would be an upgrade. If Pryce, Berry and Hayward combined for almost 30 sacks, how many do you think Wiley, Pryce, and Hamilton could rack up? It's merely opinion and I don't even think the Broncos are looking at Wiley.

I think that keeping Lepsis at RT and moving Big George to LT sounds good, but he would have to be quick enough to handle speed rushers and blitzing LB's and DB's.

Comment

well i am having a hard time following all that. I knew about berry's 6.5 sacks last eyar and 11.5 this year and hayward's 8.5 this year and projected 13-14 next year, but i am saying why not keep BOTH of them? Berry's 11 sacks teamed with Hayward's new every play starting role to get maybe 13 sacks and Pryce moving back to his original spot where he once had like 13 sacks at tackle and i think even fatafehi will throw in 5 or 6 sounds real good to me dont you think?
      Because we don't have to. Thats why, its why we drafted a whole bunch of DL last year. Because like our Oline, our Dline has a system. We put Pryce on which ever Olinemen is the weakest on the opponents side. This makes them have to put two, sometimes three blockers on Pryce and lets our speed rusher come in from the opposite side. So, just like RB's we keep drafting pure speed rushers or signing them and feeding them. Thats how we get pressure from just the front four. When all of our LBs are healthy then we blitz from the weak end and thus our corners that you loved so much, look five times better because the opposing qb is running for his life back there. Its a beautiful system and it started breaking down with the loss of Gold. If we don't replace him, then I see us drafting a lb in the first two rounds with a lot of speed and playmaking ability. Maybe even one of the Miami lbs that everyone is impressed with.

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
        Because we don't have to. Thats why, its why we drafted a whole bunch of DL last year. Because like our Oline, our Dline has a system. We put Pryce on which ever Olinemen is the weakest on the opponents side. This makes them have to put two, sometimes three blockers on Pryce and lets our speed rusher come in from the opposite side. So, just like RB's we keep drafting pure speed rushers or signing them and feeding them. Thats how we get pressure from just the front four. When all of our LBs are healthy then we blitz from the weak end and thus our corners that you loved so much, look five times better because the opposing qb is running for his life back there. Its a beautiful system and it started breaking down with the loss of Gold. If we don't replace him, then I see us drafting a lb in the first two rounds with a lot of speed and playmaking ability. Maybe even one of the Miami lbs that everyone is impressed with.
        OOOOOOOOK. So what about Mcneal and Eason and Mitchell? they havent played at all and Pope Davis and Holland are always on point also, i think we are set at d-line and shouldnt experiment no more, i seen a lot of games and Pryce is rarely treated any different that the other lineman, i am not hating on pryce thats just what i seen in all the games i recorded. Berry and Hayward ont eh outside Pryce and Fatafehi on the inside simple as that, Pryce shouldnt be moving around anymore cause he takes snaps away form hayward who is a rising star. If pryce plays end some snaps, we are forced to play Holland inside and that is a major downgrade imo.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

we are forced to play Holland inside and that is a major downgrade imo.
          You're right, it is your opinion, just as it is mine. If we knew what they know up top, thats where we'd be. However, I don't think were as bad off or as good off as you think we are. Again, that is my opinion, but the stats on sacks speak for themselves and I think that were going to be very productive next year.

Comment

but the stats on sacks speak for themselves
            your right

holland= 0 sacks in 2003

major downgrade imo
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

lol, holland plays DT. You want to look at what player at DT had the most sacks last year? I don't, but I'll wager not 5 players at DT had more than 9 sacks last year. It just doesn't happen that much. Thats where the heart of an offense is, in the middle. A team is measured by its ability to ram the ball down another teams throat, which means, right up the gut. Not a lot of opportunities for a DT to get sacks. Want proof???? Look at Ted Washington for the Raiders now. Check his stats, and see how many sacks he had, or tackles for that matter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=1800

But when push came to shove, the only time New England gave up 100 yds rushing was when he was on the bench with a broken leg. The best DT aren't always the ones with the flashy stats. Look at Warren Sapps stats, they aren't the most impressive either, but he is still a force.

Comment

lol, holland plays DT. You want to look at what player at DT had the most sacks last year? I don't, but I'll wager not 5 players at DT had more than 9 sacks last year. It just doesn't happen that much. Thats where the heart of an offense is, in the middle. A team is measured by its ability to ram the ball down another teams throat, which means, right up the gut. Not a lot of opportunities for a DT to get sacks. Want proof???? Look at Ted Washington for the Raiders now. Check his stats, and see how many sacks he had, or tackles for that matter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=1800

But when push came to shove, the only time New England gave up 100 yds rushing was when he was on the bench with a broken leg. The best DT aren't always the ones with the flashy stats. Look at Warren Sapps stats, they aren't the most impressive either, but he is still a force.
                i understand that the casey hamptons and warren sapps and ted washingtons are big guys who clog stuff and dont get many sacks, but those are dominant guys, holland is NOT dominant at all he gets pushed off the line way too much in games, i have him on tape, he isnt really a difference maker, he is a major downgrade.

P.S. didnt pryce have like 13 one year at tackle?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i understand that the casey hamptons and warren sapps and ted washingtons are big guys who clog stuff and dont get many sacks, but those are dominant guys, holland is NOT dominant at all he gets pushed off the line way too much in games, i have him on tape, he isnt really a difference maker, he is a major downgrade.
                  Warren Sapp's a fat-ass I hate him, if we ever picked him up in the FA i'd never support him..
                  sigpic

Comment

P.S. didnt pryce have like 13 one year at tackle?
                    Yea 12 or 13.

I know no one probably wants to hear this, but this is why we need Daryl Gardener to step up and quit acting like a baby. We're paying him so why not play him? He can be a run stopper and a pass rusher if he works out and comes into camp ready to play.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                      Yea 12 or 13.

I know no one probably wants to hear this, but this is why we need Daryl Gardener to step up and quit acting like a baby. We're paying him so why not play him? He can be a run stopper and a pass rusher if he works out and comes into camp ready to play.
                      i agree gardener can still dominate i think

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i agree gardener can still dominate i think
                        Definitely. Have you heard anything else about us getting back his signing bonus?

Comment

Working...
                        X