How about Vanden Bosch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Vanden Bosch??

That's right. We need a good pass rushing DE, he is available and I think he would be a great pickup for us. Trade Brown for some draft picks and get the two veterens on each end. If we can add this guy and *sigh* TO, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the NFL.

Originally posted by alwilson91
    That's right. We need a good pass rushing DE, he is available and I think he would be a great pickup for us. Trade Brown for some draft picks and get the two veterens on each end. If we can add this guy and *sigh* TO, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the NFL.
    vanden bosch might not be a bad pickup-- we certainly need to add SOMEBODY who can rush the passer!! i expect the titans to re-sign him, though-- not sure what their cap situation looks like, but he won't break the bank.

with all the leadership and experience they've lost over the past couple of years, they gotta keep somebody. . . look at that D-line, they got haynesworth, who's always been questioned about his effort. . . . and starks, long, odom, schobel, laboy-- they really need a vet on that line to set the tone for all those young guys, and vanden bosch fits the bill, he always hustles. . . this was his best year, and if the money is equal, i bet that he'll stay in tennessee.

also--dude has had SERIOUS injury problems-- i think this may have been the 1st time in his career he made it through a whole season without getting hurt. . . you're certainly right that if we did sign him, brown would have to go-- i don't wanna see 'em on the sidelines comparing their scars and casts!! the training staff might run outta tape and knee braces!

ultimately, i'd rather have neither brown nor vanden bosch, just too much risk for my taste. . . if we do spend money to go after a FA DE, i'd rather go after darren howard, or obviously abraham, but realistically i doubt we'll have money for any of those guys-- i think it's more important to lock up guys like lepsis and nalen if possible. . . maybe gerrard warren if he doesn't want TOO much. . .

at this point, i'd rather see us add a pure pass rusher in the draft-- between tapp, hali, kiwi and wimbley, one of them should be available at #22. . . hali may not really be a true pass rusher in the nfl, and kiwi and wimbley may be more suited at 3-4 OLB. . . right now, tapp would probably be my choice if he were there-- or manny lawson, who looks versatile and big enough to play OLB or 4-3 DE with his hand on the ground, and could play a hybrid role like the iggles did with kearse last year-- but i really doubt lawson will last that long. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

idk, isnt vanden bosch injury prone -- i remember when he played in AZ he constantly had knee issues -- i havent checked his stats in a while, but the last time i did he wasnt living up to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Clock
        idk, isnt vanden bosch injury prone -- i remember when he played in AZ he constantly had knee issues -- i havent checked his stats in a while, but the last time i did he wasnt living up to expectations.
        I guess 12.5 sacks in 2005 isn't living up to expectations.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
          yeah, he was good this year. . . those knees scare me, though!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
            yeah, he was good this year. . . those knees scare me, though!
            Well, if you gave Courtney Brown a chance then I would think you could give Vanden Bosch a chance. I think Denver's D-line needs more help than everybody says. They say that even though Denver didn't have alot of sacks they did get consistent pressure. The problem is Denver has two run-stuffing DE's when they need a smaller, faster pass-rushing DE. I am not trying to come in here and promote Jared Allen or anything, but at 11 sacks he had more pressure than the entire Denver starting D-line. KC and Denver were similar in that they had to blitz to get pressure on the QB. Denver couldn't stop Pittsburgh in that game because when they had to blitz to try and get to Roethlisberger he was able to pick the secondary apart. Mel Kiper has the Chiefs drafting a cornerback in the first round, but I think that is crazy because the best cornerbacks in the NFL will not help that much if you can't get pressure on the QB. Kansas City and Denver basically have the same problems on defense. They both need improved safety play and they need help on the D-line to create pressure on the QB. We both have good linebackers and good cornerbacks.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

I'm not sure if the Titans would have the room to re-sign him, unless they're somehow able to work out their cap problems. They're still over by 12 million right now. In all likelihood, they'll work with him to get something done, though.

I'd love to see Vanden Bosch on my team, too. He's gonna be a star.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Well, if you gave Courtney Brown a chance then I would think you could give Vanden Bosch a chance.
                I didn't give courtney brown a chance. . . that was all mike shanahan!!

if it's up he me, he and his creaky knees and his big contract are outta here!! for some reason, shanny keeps ignoring my calls. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
                  I'm not sure if the Titans would have the room to re-sign him, unless they're somehow able to work out their cap problems. They're still over by 12 million right now. In all likelihood, they'll work with him to get something done, though.

I'd love to see Vanden Bosch on my team, too. He's gonna be a star.

damn, they're STILL in cap trouble? they've only cut like half the team the last few years. . . .realistically, i think once they restructure mcnair they'll have some space-- and i think vanden bosch will be one of their priorities.

Comment

Have Ron Dayne lose a few pounds, promote him to starter and find a way to get a ball hawking safety, cough Archuleta cough and we'll be set.

Comment

um...didnt i say i hadnt checked his stats ----

Comment

What will this guy cost? Rumored to want to stay in Tenn. , and has had injury prone caree. Risk <= >Return

# 93 Kyle Vanden Bosch
                        Position: DE
                        Height: 6-4
                        Weight: 278
                        Born: 11/17/1978
                        College: Nebraska
                        NFL Experience: 5

Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 05 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

DEFENSIVE STATS

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
                        2001 Arizona Cardinals 3 13 11.0 2 0.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 1
                        2002 Arizona Cardinals 16 50 37.0 13 3.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
                        2003 Arizona Cardinals 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
                        2004 Arizona Cardinals 16 13 11.0 2 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
                        2005 Tennessee Titans 16 65 40.0 25 12.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
                        TOTAL 51 141 99.0 42 16.5 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

Comment

Adam Archuleta would be a GREAT pick up, but

Originally posted by Sam24
                          Have Ron Dayne lose a few pounds, promote him to starter and find a way to get a ball hawking safety, cough Archuleta cough and we'll be set.

being as we have already signed Sam Brandon to an extension, I think that ship has already sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                            damn, they're STILL in cap trouble? they've only cut like half the team the last few years. . . .realistically, i think once they restructure mcnair they'll have some space-- and i think vanden bosch will be one of their priorities.
                            We'll they're 12 over but aren't we 30? And we're still planning on clearing it out enough to get some good FA's. I think12 is a lot easier to work with. Vince young will probably be their biggest hit next year, signing bonus and all.
                            sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Maybe on Madden
                              This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                              X