Why don't our LB's get more INT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't our LB's get more INT's

I've wondered about this for the last few years. Why don't our LB's get more INT's? They are generally regarded as the most, or one of the most althletic groups in the NFL yet I can't think of one INT this year by the group, the last one I can remember is DJ's last year against the Titans. I use this as another reason to change D coordinators, it seems we aren't using our talent to our best advantage.
    RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Originally posted by Retire #30!!!
    I've wondered about this for the last few years. Why don't our LB's get more INT's? They are generally regarded as the most, or one of the most althletic groups in the NFL yet I can't think of one INT this year by the group, the last one I can remember is DJ's last year against the Titans. I use this as another reason to change D coordinators, it seems we aren't using our talent to our best advantage.

They'd probably get more if they didn't have to blitz the QB or cover pass routes forever.

Not having a pass rush makes it difficult on everyone.

Comment

And I can only think of about 5-7 pass break ups by our LB's as well,
      RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Comment

Would also help if they could hang onto the ball. I can count at least a dozen times where Wilson, Williams, and Gold all dropped sure-INTs. Several of those would have went back for six as well.
        The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

I saw

Ian , Al , and DJ drop lots of ints this year

they had many chances

Like Ian droppd a INT against SD in the last game of the year that would of went for 6

Al dropped a 2 i think against Buffalo

and DJ dropped one against Philly i think

they have had plenty of chances but they havent made use of the oppurtunity

Comment

Have you seen their hands.
            I believe if our scheme places them in more zone coverages they'd get more pics.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

Al wilson has horrible hands, ive seen him miss many interceptions hes better suited for blitzing as for ian gold and dj williams im not sure about their hands, i think that they should stop blitzing these guys so much and make em play man to man for the most part. Also our blitzes on defense are so easy for the offense to read sometimes, like the afc championship. I dont think we had many interceptions because we dont expect our linebackers to do this sort of thing, thats what we got cornerbacks and safties for, but it would be great to see our linebackers step up and start making more interceptions. I want to see more interceptions out of our linebackers too!!!
              sigpic

Comment

uh ok uh ok

Comment

This is only my opinion, so please don't flame me, lol.

I say its Coyer and Patterson causing the no rush from the line. They have said time and time again that Warren clogs up 2 blockers. If he was trying to sack the QB, he should get there more often with the talent he has. Same with the other linemen. I have heard they free up our LB to make plays. How about letting them try to make plays? I will guarantee that a good D Coordinator could take our 11 starters and wreck havoc over the league, 2000 Ravens style. **** LeBeau would win a SB every year with this D. Its not the players in my mind, its the coaches for the D. I don't like them, nor the schemes to tell the truth. I hope we get a real Coordinator before we lose the tools. Prob need a new D line coach unless he uses the new system for the DL.

Comment

Get rid of Coyer or something. Here's an example of misused talent.
                    Maybe it's not Coyer's fault because I also think our LB's can't catch at all. I think Ian Gold is the best catcher though.
                    Last edited by champbronc2; 02-04-2006, 02:38 PM. Reason: forgot sumthin
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

I have been wondering this for years. It is Coyer. His scheme has the LB's either blitzing or in one on one. They are rarely in zone to read patterns and jump make plays. It is very frustrating to watch. Gold and Wilson in should have 3-4 ints a year with their speed and talent.
                      Last edited by BroncoRT; 02-04-2006, 03:43 PM.
                      The three Keys to football
                      1. Turnovers
                      2. Field Position
                      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

STONE HANDS!!

no more, no less. . . . . . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

These guys are run stoppers. They are either stopping the run or blitzing the QB. Thats why the Denver run D was one of the best in the league this year. Leave the INT's to the DBs.

Comment

Al wilson should have 2 picks but he had a broken hand or finger something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-NUT33
                              Al wilson should have 2 picks but he had a broken hand or finger something like that.
                              i actually read an S.I. article that said he has a metal rod in his thumb, a gash on his index finger, his middle finger may permently be bent @ a 90 degree angle (from a break) and there may have been something with his ring finger too but im not 100% sure. All I know is that hand is seriously ****** up! (excuse my french )

I can probably remember at lease 3-5 times Al his dropped an Int this year alone.

You all are saying that Coyer isn't doing a good job and whatnot. Look at the season they had, all the defensive game changing plays... substitute a good game in the AFC championship and they're in the XL with a 15-3 record...pretty darn good no matter how you look at it, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Working...
                              X