No announcement yet.

Why don't our LB's get more INT's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's face it. If defensive players could catch the ball they would be tight ends and wide receivers. That is an easier job and comes with much more glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Retire #30!!!
      I've wondered about this for the last few years. Why don't our LB's get more INT's? They are generally regarded as the most, or one of the most althletic groups in the NFL yet I can't think of one INT this year by the group, the last one I can remember is DJ's last year against the Titans. I use this as another reason to change D coordinators, it seems we aren't using our talent to our best advantage.
      ill sum it up.....

1. our linebackers blitz alot....meaning picks are hard to get.....
      2. dont forget that Wilson had a cast on his hand for a while....
      3. theyre so athletic and fast......they can cover TE's well....so the QB wont throw to the TE very often.....not allowing them to get picks.....
      4. last but not least.....they dropped a bunch of picks this year....BUT....those picks were the "oh my gosh i cant believe the quarterback actually threw this ball RIGHT at me".....and probably shocked the crap out of them so they drop it

besides, picks are nice yet......but id always rather them work on their tackling or other things that are a little more beneficial then "catching"
      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
      -The best in the business-

Comment

I think that a huge factor has been that we couldn't get consistent pressure with our front four. If we could, the linebackers would see more forced throws quickly when they are in position to get a pick.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I was wrong!

Originally posted by Bronco Head
          uh ok uh ok
          I thought you were Jake's Beard.

You're Amysmithlove!!

-----

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuckeyes
            Al wilson has horrible hands, ive seen him miss many interceptions hes better suited for blitzing as for ian gold and dj williams im not sure about their hands, i think that they should stop blitzing these guys so much and make em play man to man for the most part. Also our blitzes on defense are so easy for the offense to read sometimes, like the afc championship. I dont think we had many interceptions because we dont expect our linebackers to do this sort of thing, thats what we got cornerbacks and safties for, but it would be great to see our linebackers step up and start making more interceptions. I want to see more interceptions out of our linebackers too!!!
            You play with a dislocated thumb. See if you can catch it.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
            2. Taxes
            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind
              ill sum it up.....

1. our linebackers blitz alot....meaning picks are hard to get.....
              2. dont forget that Wilson had a cast on his hand for a while....
              3. theyre so athletic and fast......they can cover TE's well....so the QB wont throw to the TE very often.....not allowing them to get picks.....
              4. last but not least.....they dropped a bunch of picks this year....BUT....those picks were the "oh my gosh i cant believe the quarterback actually threw this ball RIGHT at me".....and probably shocked the crap out of them so they drop it

besides, picks are nice yet......but id always rather them work on their tackling or other things that are a little more beneficial then "catching"

how is picking off a pass ..stoping the opposings team in their tracks less benificial then making some good tackes as the offense workes their way done the field???
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

They don't get interceptions because they want to stay on the field and play more defense haha jk of course. Probably cuz they get all antsy in their pantsies and start thinking about 6 points before they secure it. I wouldn't be suprised if that is one thing they work on heavily this year. Hopefully next year we'll get 3 or 4 int's from our ell bee's. We all know they can do it.

Comment

Our LB core is one of the best at blitzing and stopping the run.

However, as a group, they have to have the worst hands of any LB corp in the NFL.

They get their chances, they simply don't catch the freakin' ball.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder why

Comment

Working...
                    X