Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Obviously Eman is right in that will just have to see how this thing plays itself out. But thinking it about a little more maybe Dinger is going is actually going to be the one calling plays along with Shanahan and Dennison will get a chance to learn the job kind like what was done with Gibbs and Dennison as O-line coach.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    It is what it is. We will have to see how it is played out. I don't like Dennison calling the plays. I think Shannahan will handle those duties.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    I agree also that doesn't seem to make much sense. But Tops speculation seem to be very plausible.

Leave a comment:

• BronxBroncsFan
    replied
    I think Heimerdinger wants to be a Head Coach soon, and on his resume it won't say OC, it will say Asst HC. I think Shanny wanted to keep Dennison, and to do that he would have to promote him. Think of Heimy as an Offensive Consultant to tweak Denver's passing Game and perhaps work extensively with Jake Plummer and our other WRs

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    I don't understand the OC situation.
    Why didn't they just make Heimerdinger the OC/Ast Coach and leave Denison with the Oline ALONG with the moniker of Ast Coach?
    I don't see how having two different people running different aspects of the offense resulting in positive gameplanning.
    I agree. This one doesn't make sense at all to me either.

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Why didn't they just make Heimerdinger the OC/Ast Coach and leave Denison with the Oline ALONG with the moniker of Ast Coach?
    I don't see how having two different people running different aspects of the offense resulting in positive gameplanning.
    I think Shanny probably just gave Dennison a title and a raise to keep him from going to Houston. Perhaps his responsibilities will expand a bit, but I thought I read somewhere that things are going to be pretty much status quo.

-----

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    started a topic Offense, Defense, and You Know Who.

Offense, Defense, and You Know Who.

Interesting report imo and just thought I would share it with you all. It does have more than just talking about he should not be named.

Broncos Team Report
    2/3/2006

By Lee Rasizer
    Rocky Mountain News

Rick Dennison's hiring as offensive coordinator won't affect his duties overseeing the offensive line, but it should mean added responsibility in terms of game-planning and play-calling. New assistant head coach Mike Heimerdinger's focus will be on the passing game, but he'll probably be the direct pipeline to coach Mike Shanahan on game days. . . .

The signing of C Tom Nalen to a three-year contract means the Broncos won't have to shift LG Ben Hamilton to the pivot and will allow the five-time Pro Bowl selection to end his career in the uniform he began wearing in 1994. Nalen has had some knee problems previously but remained completely healthy in 2005, which resulted in more consistent play. Nalen still struggles with some of the league's behemoth nose tackles, but his dead-on line calls are a big reason the Broncos have allowed only 43 sacks and averaged 4.5 yards per rushing attempt over the past two seasons.

PERSONNEL ANALYSIS: If the Broncos follow through and sign controversial WR Terrell Owens, who's already sat down with Shanahan for a get-acquainted session, it would have a ripple effect both on and off the field. Team camaraderie was one of the biggest strengths of the team, and there were some prominent players who privately grumbled over the prospect of adding Owens when he was nearly cut loose at mid-season. And if Donovan McNabb had difficulty keeping Owens happy, just imagine when Jake Plummer locks on favorite target Rod Smith in clutch situations or Denver happens to lean, and it will, heavily on its running game. But if Owens toes the line, it would make WR Ashley Lelie even more dangerous, freeing him up one-on-one, in three-wide sets. And defenses would need to decide whether to commit a safety to help with the run or on Owens. . . .

CB Darrent Williams played in Denver's two playoff games but lacked the burst he had before tearing a groin muscle in mid-December. He planned on rehabilitating extensively right after the season so that he would be ready to jump straight into the offseason program. Williams will likely open next season as the starter opposite Champ Bailey because he breaks quicker to the ball than Domonique Foxworth and has more of a nose for interceptions. But Foxworth will push him all summer in one of the team's more intriguing future battles.

SOMETHING TO PROVE: Tatum Bell has been typecast as a 15-18 carry back because coaches noted his statistics drop after he gets beyond that threshold. With Shanahan saying he preferred a workhorse runner after the season, Bell will need to get a little heavier and stronger without losing his top-end speed and prove he can consistently run between the tackles if he's going to do more than just share starting duties with a bulkier back. Bell also has to be more decisive at times. He's had a few long runs cut short because he was too patient waiting for blocks instead of making his move while heading downfield. Though he was more authoritative in the red zone, he needs to remain aggressive in that area of the field. Bell also has to gain more trust in his blitz pickup because RB Mike Anderson excels at that facet.
Working...
X