Garner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garner?

Well all those discussions about QG being the starter and debating if he could succeed might be mute. According to the Denver Post the Broncos are actively pursuing Charlie Garner of the Oakland Raiders and he is suppose to visit next week apparently. Interesting.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Re: Garner?

Originally posted by rascal
    Well all those discussions about QG being the starter and debating if he could succeed might be mute. According to the Denver Post the Broncos are actively pursuing Charlie Garner of the Oakland Raiders and he is suppose to visit next week apparently. Interesting.
    to make sure I have proper ediquette, here is the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...995304,00.html

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Garner?

Originally posted by rascal
      That really intrigues me.

His receiving capapbilities with Jake would be phenomenal.

What about his injuries? Is he prone to injury? Also what about his age?
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

he is 32 and he is having surgery friday to repair his meniscus (SP??) but it should only keep him out 3 weeks or so. I think he could provide a very powerful offensive weapon. Like another WR.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Garner's enthusiasm is evident of a larger issue. Now that the Broncos have traded Portis to the Redskins, running backs are looking at Denver as an ideal destination.

"It's fair to say that running backs do desire Denver," said Denver-based agent Lamont Smith, who represents, among others, Tennessee's Eddie George and Pittsburgh's Jerome Bettis. "You have to look at the Broncos' history of success in the running game. It seems to go on despite who you plug into the position.

interesting
          sigpic
          go broncos
          share the sidewalk
          liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

His age and the fact he has had injury problems in the past leave me weary of him. I think if he were the focal point of the running attack that he would end up breaking down before the end of the season. His receiving skills very good, but I think if Denver were to pick him up he would end being the starting running back.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              His age and the fact he has had injury problems in the past leave me weary of him. I think if he were the focal point of the running attack that he would end up breaking down before the end of the season. His receiving skills very good, but I think if Denver were to pick him up he would end being the starting running back.
              yeah, a 32 year old rb can't possibly be expecting a big contract. i wonder though.

personally, i'd rather look for someone younger. even if garner could come and play for 2 years, it doesn't seem worth it to me. seems to me we should work more on developing a young back.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk
              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                personally, i'd rather look for someone younger. even if garner could come and play for 2 years, it doesn't seem worth it to me. seems to me we should work more on developing a young back.
                Having Garner for two years would give the young RB's we already have more time to develop. If he came here and had two, may three good years he could give Q, Galloway, and maybe even Sapp time to develop into great backs, or he could stunt their growth by taking away their PT.

Comment

Even though this is a Garner thread this is the line in that article that caught my attention:

Gold's agent, Carl Poston, said the chance his client would re-sign with the Broncos is remote.

Looks like he's gone....
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                    Even though this is a Garner thread this is the line in that article that caught my attention:

Gold's agent, Carl Poston, said the chance his client would re-sign with the Broncos is remote.

Looks like he's gone....
                    And it's all his fault too. If he doesn't want to be here lets hope we replace him quick.

Comment

Take a trip on the A-Train, he's the "Priest" in waiting!
                      [QUOTE]
                      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Garners too old to mess around with. If we do get him, we should only sign him to a 1-2 year deal and see what happens.

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about A-Train on here. Does anyone know if the Broncos are actually looking at him?

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                            There has been a lot of talk about A-Train on here. Does anyone know if the Broncos are actually looking at him?
                            Probably not, they don't want to look at a potential "Priest Holmes"
                            [QUOTE]
                            If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Pass on G.

Comment

Working...
                              X