Idea's to improve officating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea's to improve officating...

Over the past few months ive seen some sorry officating, game changing calls or no calls. So lets try to think of some ways to improve the system.

Heres one, leave the refs on the field, let them do what they do. However commission like 7 people to watch the game upstairs in real time (if need be replays) and have them vote to overturn, or call something the refs might have missed. I mean the commentators see the game and the replays, make their comments, and can pretty much keep up with out missing a beat.
    Could work, but might be too effective

I dont know im just throwing ideas out there.

What if we are the ones getting the good part of the poor officiating?

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
      You win some you lose some, but play's like the Polamalu (sp) int, in the colts game. Could be voted on, and most likely turned out to be an int.

Comment

Then tomorrow monkeys will fly out of my butt, the meaning of life will be answered, and Elway will announce he is cloning himself to be our next QB. In other words, it never has and never will happen.

Comment

Computer assisted officiating is the way to go. People are just hanging on to the past and saying refs are part of the history of the game.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
            Computer assisted officiating is the way to go. People are just hanging on to the past and saying refs are part of the history of the game.
            As much as everyone hates to think of that, but your right. I think that technology these days is good enough to become in some way integrated into the game. I mean we already have mircophones in the helmets, its just a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by I OrangeCrush I
              As much as everyone hates to think of that, but your right. I think that technology these days is good enough to become in some way integrated into the game. I mean we already have mircophones in the helmets, its just a matter of time.
              Exactly. I'm not hinting that computers should take over completely, but we can use technology that WE ALREADY HAVE to help the refs on the field make better decisions. Would be accurate and a hell of a lot faster too.

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
                Exactly. I'm not hinting that computers should take over completely, but we can use technology that WE ALREADY HAVE to help the refs on the field make better decisions. Would be accurate and a hell of a lot faster too.
                Tell you what, put a tracker in the football, and we would all know for sure if big ben actually made the touchdown or not.

Comment

Originally posted by I OrangeCrush I
                  Tell you what, put a tracker in the football, and we would all know for sure if big ben actually made the touchdown or not.
                  Hehe .. yep!

Comment

That won't be the case if there's a solution to the problem.

I personally like the college method this year. Every single play is reviewed, and every questionable one is reviewed.

That, and how bout we hire some full time refs. Not sure what it'll do, but it sounds better and more efficient...

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                      No "all-star" officiating crews for playoff games. Make sure that crews that worked together all season stay together.
                      YES!!!!!!!!!!!

All star CREWS maybe, but not all star refs and judges.

Comment

Sign Petition for NFL Officiating Improvement.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?nfl12006&1
                        Above is the link to a petition you can "sign" online regarding the ongoing crappy officiating.
                        I suggest the NFL should get the message very loud and very clear.

Comment

Here is another thought, why is it that only one ref looks to review a play? Is it because there is not enough time or something? Seems to me 3 guys should review it and then have a vote.

Comment

I would take a fair loss anyday over a loss like this superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by C Fizzle
                              I would take a fair loss anyday over a loss like this superbowl
                              Exactly, I'd rather have my ass totally kicked in order to remove ALL doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X