Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiderman
    It is about supporting our troops --
    (our brothers, neighbors, friends, and sisters)
    who are doing a great thing, as history will clearly show.

i'm sure many germans said the same thing during world war two.

Comment

Great Idea

CP to you for this...as a retired Army SF LTC who has been deployed I know the guys will appreciate it.
      As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisnotsteve
        I've had enough of you and your idiotic, anti-American sentiment... iggy from now on for you.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by jam1369
          CP to you for this...as a retired Army SF LTC who has been deployed I know the guys will appreciate it.
          Thank you for your service!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
            I've had enough of you and your idiotic, anti-American sentiment... iggy from now on for you.
            It is kind of classless. Fair enough if someone wants to state their opinion but it would be better to start another thread for that IMO as it's distracting from the purpose of this thread.
            Last edited by Jaws; 02-12-2006, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
              It is kind of classless. Fair enough if he someone wants to state their opinion but it would be better to start another thread for that IMO as it's distracting from the purpose of this thread.
              I told him more than once to take it to smack and I am sure more than just me would love to debate everything with him... but he would rather be a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

anti-bush administration does not = anti-american. one doesn't have to support every action taken by a political party in power to support a country.

Comment

It is kind of classless. Fair enough if someone wants to state their opinion but it would be better to start another thread for that IMO as it's distracting from the purpose of this thread.

this is silly. one can't disagree with a post because it detracts from the post's purpose?

30,000 iraqi civilians have died since the war started. 30,000 human beings. i think it's classless to support, without qualification, the army that has caused much of that destruction.

but, according to you, and the originator of this thread, we shouldn't have a debate about it here. apparently it's considered 'talking smack' to disagree with political intuitions. one should either post a response supporting the thesis of this thread, or simply not post a response at all. seems a bit childish to me.

Comment

this is silly. one can't disagree with a post because it detracts from the post's purpose?

30,000 iraqi civilians have died since the war started. 30,000 human beings. i think it's classless to support, without qualification, the army that has caused much of that destruction.

but, according to you, and the originator of this thread, we shouldn't have a debate about it here. apparently it's considered 'talking smack' to disagree with political intuitions. one should either post a response supporting the thesis of this thread, or simply not post a response at all. seems a bit childish to me.
                    If it's something you feel so strongly about why don't you start a thread on this subject in the Anything But Football Forum. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would like to express their opinions there and it should provide some lively discussion.

Comment

Yes, the Usual Drivel from the Left

Maybe -- but contrary to the crap you swallow on those Lib-Fascist websites,
                      we freed a captive people from a genocidal monster.

And, hey, I've been in many of these debates with people like you,
                      and next you'll start trying to tell me all the problems, and our "crimes" --
                      the total lack of logic is usually along the all-or-nothing line --
                      If we're not perfect, then we're just as bad.
                      (Even more absurdly -- some of these people say we're worse.)
                      Same type of argument used by Stalinist sympathizers back a few decades.
                      I strongly suggest you read, carefully, some Solzhenitsyn to clear the cobwebs
                      from your mind.

But in the meantime --
                      You and your sort can continue obsessively focusing on the supposed highway speeder,
                      while true mass serial killers rip and roar on by,
                      flipping off humanity with impunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderman
                        Maybe -- but contrary to the crap you swallow on those Lib-Fascist websites,
                        we freed a captive people from a genocidal monster.

And, hey, I've been in many of these debates with people like you,
                        and next you'll start trying to tell me all the problems, and our "crimes" --
                        the total lack of logic is usually along the all-or-nothing line --
                        If we're not perfect, then we're just as bad.
                        (Even more absurdly -- some of these people say we're worse.)
                        Same type of argument used by Stalinist sympathizers back a few decades.
                        I strongly suggest you read, carefully, some Solzhenitsyn to clear the cobwebs
                        from your mind.

But in the meantime --
                        You and your sort can continue obsessively focusing on the supposed highway speeder,
                        while true mass serial killers rip and roar on by,
                        flipping off humanity with impunity.

you have no idea what i believe. yet you continue to assume and ramble along odd tangents that have no connection to what i've said. thanks for trying, i suppose.

Comment

If it's something you feel so strongly about why don't you start a thread on this subject in the Anything But Football Forum. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would like to express their opinions there and it should provide some lively discussion.
                          thank you for being mature. i honestly appreciate it. your suggestion is not without merit.

Comment

In General, Yes. Yes, Indeed.

you have no idea what i believe. yet you continue to assume and ramble along odd tangents that have no connection to what i've said. thanks for trying, i suppose.
                            You are correct, partly.
                            I can't read your mind.
                            Only going on what you posted thus far.

However, I certainly do know from experience how these "arguments" almost inevitably proceed,
                            so my comments were certainly not without merit, and by no means merely "odd tangents."
                            Far from it, in fact.
                            Hitting the nail right on the proverbial head -- even if you, personally, may not
                            hold all of those views.

Comment

Working...
                            X