Who are possible cap casualties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are possible cap casualties?

Since you guys are roughly 20 mill over the cap, who could be a target for cap relief? Which players could you guys' ownership be forced to release to gain cap relief?

Get rid of some TP maybe (trevor pryce)

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

hmmm

mike anderson

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Fl_playa101
        Get rid of some TP maybe (trevor pryce)
        ya trevor pryce has disapointed me, he was at one point a dominant force up front. I think hes worrying to much about his record label or whatever the **** hes been doing instead of football.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
          ya trevor pryce has disapointed me, he was at one point a dominant force up front. I think hes worrying to much about his record label or whatever the **** hes been doing instead of football.
          He seriously hurt his back last year, man. I know he isn't the same player as a few years ago but give the guy a break.
          Ten year veterans should play like ten year veterans.

"Do you like to do it yourself?" - The 40 Year Old Virgin

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
            mike anderson
            There are plenty more people on the team that make more money than MA. There is nothing wrong with Anderson. He is our most dependable running back.

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by Bobby Digital
              There are plenty more people on the team that make more money than MA. There is nothing wrong with Anderson. He is our most dependable running back.
              MA is due like 2.5 mil. he's not worth that much at all. I'm sure they will reconstruct his contract or take a pay cut or something.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                MA is due like 2.5 mil. he's not worth that much at all. I'm sure they will reconstruct his contract or take a pay cut or something.
                2.5 million for a back that gained 1000 yards last season and has an almost 1500 yard season (1487 to be exact) under his belt sounds like a bargain to me.

Comment

ouch

mike anderson, half of our receivers, tatum bell, trevor pryce, steven alexander, and some of those fat asses we picked up from the browns. and frankly, i can't believe we signed back sam brandon. not a bad player by any means, but i'm not sure about the value. bottom line, we will be able to get rid of plenty of people and have plently of left over space to get some explosive offensive players - or at least one big one. i.e. t.o.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfanatic
                    Since you guys are roughly 20 mill over the cap, who could be a target for cap relief? Which players could you guys' ownership be forced to release to gain cap relief?
                    Trevor Pryce should be released. Lepsis might sign with Texans for money, or stay with Broncos for cheaper price to win a ring. Nalen already resigned, so Lepsis is a big question mark. I thought they were going to Lepsis go, but it looks like they want to resign him.

Champ will probably restucture because he is getting a fat raise in base pay. Alexander will probably be cut. Brown, Ekuban, Putzier, MA, Dayne, Warren and even Lynch are all interesting situations. Some these guys are gone next season, but who?
                    The three Keys to football
                    1. Turnovers
                    2. Field Position
                    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

besides Lepsis, any other solid OL a possibility? Because ya know, Tampa still needs to shore up that area. They improved dramatically last year and have some young athletic talent up front, but we need to replace Kenyatta and possibly Davis with someone more dependable (RT and LT respectively). RT is actually more urgent because Simms is a lefty. Its his blindside.

Comment

Ebenezor Ekuban is due 3 million, he is likely gone.

Trevor Pryce is due 10 million, he will either restructure, be cut, or be traded.

Courtney Brown is due 10 million, he will either restructure or be cut.

Matt Lepsis is due 8.5 million, he wants to restructure to stay, but holds the option of voiding his contract and entering free agency.

Champ Bailey is due somewhere between 8-12 million, he will restructure.

John Lynch is due 3 million (I think) and is flirting with job offers to host the pre-game show on Fox. (Which means he would retire like Sharpe did).

Rod Smith is owed a very high cap number, near 10 million. He will restructure.

All in all, who knows who we cut and who we dont. Lord knows I don't.

Comment

He seriously hurt his back last year, man. I know he isn't the same player as a few years ago but give the guy a break.
                          He was the same exact guy before the injury too...

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                            Ebenezor Ekuban is due 3 million, he is likely gone.

Trevor Pryce is due 10 million, he will either restructure, be cut, or be traded.

Courtney Brown is due 10 million, he will either restructure or be cut.

Matt Lepsis is due 8.5 million, he wants to restructure to stay, but holds the option of voiding his contract and entering free agency.

Champ Bailey is due somewhere between 8-12 million, he will restructure.

John Lynch is due 3 million (I think) and is flirting with job offers to host the pre-game show on Fox. (Which means he would retire like Sharpe did).

Rod Smith is owed a very high cap number, near 10 million. He will restructure.

All in all, who knows who we cut and who we dont. Lord knows I don't.
                            Lol, I know. I'm reading all these articles that say "Pryce and Brown are up next for restructuring" and "Lepsis and Warren top priorities." First reaction is yeaaaa right. Second reaction is ohhh sweet...

Personally, I'd like to see everyone but Eb and Trevor return. Replace those two with some hotshot rooks. We'd probably get better production/play out of two rookies anyways...

Comment

2.5 million for a back that gained 1000 yards last season and has an almost 1500 yard season (1487 to be exact) under his belt sounds like a bargain to me.
                              Well, when you can pay a guy half that to do the same thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X