Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake DID Have TALENT in Arizona (merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I still say that if Shanny makes a move on Brees, and releases Plummer, (if Brees is available) then we will acknowledge your incisive reasoning on this point... I mean, you've got to have some cred with Shanny, right??? Otherwise, we know how much your opinion matters to those who matter. I'm sure they're not waiting to hear from me on this either, but, again... Drew Brees??????
    Tell me how we're supposed to believe that this Plummer thing is not personal.... You offer no reasonable defense of your position, even the stats you posted.
    Ok, time for you to come back with a scathing yada-yada, or a coffee cup, and I'll know you've "bested" us commoners again....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gobroncsnv
      I still say that if Shanny makes a move on Brees, and releases Plummer, (if Brees is available) then we will acknowledge your incisive reasoning on this point... I mean, you've got to have some cred with Shanny, right??? Otherwise, we know how much your opinion matters to those who matter. I'm sure they're not waiting to hear from me on this either, but, again... Drew Brees??????
      Tell me how we're supposed to believe that this Plummer thing is not personal.... You offer no reasonable defense of your position, even the stats you posted.
      Ok, time for you to come back with a scathing yada-yada, or a coffee cup, and I'll know you've "bested" us commoners again....

      You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to gobroncsnv again.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gobroncsnv
        Top,
        He kind of lost me in any credible discussions about QB's with his wanting to pick up Drew Brees. Occasionally he had some good points about Plum, but now there's just no way to seriously consider these rants.
        No answers about how the Chargers miss the playoffs with the talent they have, lose how many home games, lose to the Jets under pretty much the same circumstances as we did to Pitt...home game, yada yada. (did the Jets take the SB that year???)
        There's no question to me that the St Jake thing is purely personal, if he wants Brees over Jake. How great did Brees look against us, the Eagles?
        The whole thing is just funny now.... I'll never expect rationality again, if we ever saw it from that corner.
        But, I admire your stamina for still trying to break his Kool Aid addiction.
        I've been trying to give you CP on this, but it keeps saying my 24 hours aren't up.

        So I'm bumping this until I can.

        -----

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
          Just as last season isn't a reflection of St. Jake's entire career, neither is last season a reflection of Brees' entire career.

          So, let's look at the last three season's stats for both. I only look at three years, since this is all the St. Jake crowd will look at when discussing him...

          Brees

          42 Games / 1256 Att / 790 Comp / 62.9 % / 8843 yards / 6.99 ypa / 62 TD vs 37 INT / 1.7 to 1.0 TD vs INT ratio / 87.2 passer rating

          Plummer

          43 Games / 1279 Att / 769 Comp / 60.1 % / 9637 yards / 7.48 ypa / 60 TD vs 34 INT / 1.7 to 1.0 TD vs INT ratio / 88.6 passer rating

          Now, you're saying Brees is not as good as St. Jake, right?

          What exactly are you basing that on again?


          I think you've in fact proven the point that you seem so bent on disproving.

          Those stats right there say Brees and Plummer are pretty dead even.


          sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



          sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

          Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sbutk
            I think you've in fact proven the point that you seem so bent on disproving.

            Those stats right there say Brees and Plummer are pretty dead even.

            But if he thinks Brees is so much better, enough to make a trade anyway, how come the Chargers can't beat the Broncs??? Didn't Brees fumble IN HIS OWN END ZONE against us??? Doesn't matter that Lynch beat his man on a blitz, that has to be Brees' fault.... unless, gasp, could there be a double standard???

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gobroncsnv
              But if he thinks Brees is so much better, enough to make a trade anyway, how come the Chargers can't beat the Broncs??? Didn't Brees fumble IN HIS OWN END ZONE against us??? Doesn't matter that Lynch beat his man on a blitz, that has to be Brees' fault.... unless, gasp, could there be a double standard???

              Heh. No, NEVER. Wait...Ya think? Hehe.


              sigpic
              They're your teammates, now.
              Best of luck, TT!
              ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



              sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

              Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gobroncsnv
                But if he thinks Brees is so much better, enough to make a trade anyway, how come the Chargers can't beat the Broncs??? Didn't Brees fumble IN HIS OWN END ZONE against us??? Doesn't matter that Lynch beat his man on a blitz, that has to be Brees' fault.... unless, gasp, could there be a double standard???
                Nope that is Brees's fault. Just like its JP's fault that Joey Porter and Clark Haggans kept blowing Lepsis and Foster off the line the whole damn game.
                You've got to know when to sack em...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gobroncsnv
                  But if he thinks Brees is so much better, enough to make a trade anyway, how come the Chargers can't beat the Broncs??? Didn't Brees fumble IN HIS OWN END ZONE against us??? Doesn't matter that Lynch beat his man on a blitz, that has to be Brees' fault.... unless, gasp, could there be a double standard???
                  Yep, Brees did fumble in his own endzone. Yep, it's on Brees.

                  Just like St. Jake's two fumbles in the AFCC game are on him.

                  No double standard here.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sbutk
                    I think you've in fact proven the point that you seem so bent on disproving.

                    Those stats right there say Brees and Plummer are pretty dead even.



                    Jakes team has been to the playoffs in three straight years....

                    Drews team has been to the playoffs once in the last three years...

                    Jake has _______ every year at RB.....

                    Drew has LT every year at RB.....

                    Jake has _______ every year at TE.....

                    Drew has Gates every year at TE.....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by West
                      Jake's miscuses and constant 3 and outs don't help either. Every defense has there breaking points and being on the field every play except for a short rest of just 4 plays, takes a toll on any defense.
                      Halftime must have really been heck on the defense against Pitt then... opening drive = 7 minutes...

                      Ok,
                      here's a stat... Everyone on the boards who over-rules Shanny, raise your hands...

                      Hmm, don't see any....

                      So Mike, Who's your QB for 2006???

                      Class dismissed, back to your bunker... Man, what a helpless feeling you guys must have. I'm buying more stock in Kool-Aid.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        Yep, Brees did fumble in his own endzone. Yep, it's on Brees.

                        Just like St. Jake's two fumbles in the AFCC game are on him.

                        No double standard here.
                        Then we agree, Brees doesn't appear to be better, (ok, he's just NOT better) than Plummer..... So WHY change, especially since I much prefer the Broncos record to the Chargers... I mean, I really don't understand you on this one...
                        Who CAN we get who is better, that has a better understanding of our offense, who has a better playoff record??? Of available QB's, there is NOBODY who is better, so why change? Again, if we make a swap, maybe you're right about this. Meanwhile, I'm reaching for the scuba, cause I won't be holding my breath.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X