So what do you think of Duke so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you think of Duke so far?

I think he has some potental. I haven't seen enough of him this year so I can't make any big analysis on him, but a few things I was impressed about.

1. He blocked Polly rather well during the AFC Championship. He made a key block to spring Anderson for 6.

2. He had a few good catches, but still not enough to really get a feel for him.

He may not be the next Gates, but he could very well be a decent TE. What do you guys think of him so far?

And yes I do know he is going to NFLE this year.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

I don't think he played enough to really know. I would love to see a great TE wearing 84 again, and hopefully Duke will be the one.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I don't think Duke will be an Antonio Gates but I think he will do well in the league. One thing I noticed is that Wes has the size of a tall WR and the other elite TE's like Gates, Shockey, Gonzo are big and can just knock people over which I think Wes will not be able to unless he puts on more muscle.

Comment

Maybe he is the answer to the dilemma of getting a #3 guy. Let teh TE stuff go to PUTZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
          Maybe he is the answer to the dilemma of getting a #3 guy. Let teh TE stuff go to PUTZ.
          I think you make a good point. The Broncos have never really had a good 3rd WR in a while, but they have always been succesful passing the ball because of the involvement of the TE in the passing game, mainly Shannon Sharpe.
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
            I think you make a good point. The Broncos have never really had a good 3rd WR in a while, but they have always been succesful passing the ball because of the involvement of the TE in the passing game, mainly Shannon Sharpe.

Anyone that really thinks SS was a real TE is not being realistic. He was a big # 3 with the ability to make the tough catch. They listed him at TE when he was the H-back from old days. He could not block a DE on teh line if his life depended on it. At best he chip blocked them with the help of the OT on his side.

Comment

I've liked what I've seen so far. And with him going to NFL Europe, he'll have a chance to develop even more. He's definetely got the size and raw talent.

Something interesting is that we signed Landon Trusty from San Diego recently and Chad Mustard. I don't know much about these two but just by looking at their physical attributes, they could be monsters at TE.
              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Didn't really see enough of him to say.

Hopefully, he does well in NFL Europe.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                  Didn't really see enough of him to say.

Hopefully, he does well in NFL Europe.

Ffirst time I've seen a comment that did not have a Jake slur in it.

Good job mtntman. CP to you, maybe your gonna get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    Ffirst time I've seen a comment that did not have a Jake slur in it.

Good job mtntman. CP to you, maybe your gonna get better.
                    That's one of those below the belters JR.

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Comment

Ah the devil made me do it!

Comment

No, it can't be.

Only mtnman does that, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                          No, it can't be.

Only mtnman does that, right?
                          You didn't hear that from me lol....

Comment

Now that was a low blow....but it was funny.
                            "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Ok we just serioulsy got this thread of track...

Comment

Working...
                              X