So what do you think of Duke so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
    Ok we just serioulsy got this thread of track...
    Ok back on track....

DUKE RULES!!!

That better?
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

He showed he can make a catch in the end zone, did not really see much of him going over the middle, finding a seam in zone coverage, etc. Showed potential, just too little action to fully evaluate. Definitely would like to see more of him. Glad we got him instead of Artest.

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
        I think he has some potental. I haven't seen enough of him this year so I can't make any big analysis on him, but a few things I was impressed about.

1. He blocked Polly rather well during the AFC Championship. He made a key block to spring Anderson for 6.

2. He had a few good catches, but still not enough to really get a feel for him.

He may not be the next Gates, but he could very well be a decent TE. What do you guys think of him so far?

And yes I do know he is going to NFLE this year.

NFL Europe will get some of my interest this season, because of Duke. He has good speed with great hands. He needs to bulk up a little and get a little tougher. I think next year he will catch 30-40 passes and will be a good weapon in the red zone.
        The three Keys to football
        1. Turnovers
        2. Field Position
        3. Red Zone Play

Comment

We should've not let him go to NFLE. I know he'll come back but a lot of the time when they go to NFLE you never hear about the guys again. He would've been a great help. He's a young guy and has lots of atheletic ability IMO.
          MMA News
          MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
            We should've not let him go to NFLE. I know he'll come back but a lot of the time when they go to NFLE you never hear about the guys again. He would've been a great help. He's a young guy and has lots of atheletic ability IMO.
            He did not play college ball and that puts him way behind in experience. NFLE is his chance to get some experience and more coaching which he sorely needs. This is his chance to show that he can succeed against players that are somewhere between college and NFL callibre. Athletism is only a part of being a player or there wouldn't be so many draft busts.

The reason that so many NFLE palyers are never heard of again is that they couldn't cut it in the big leagues. Knowing that is important to a team.

I hope that he succeeds but one way or another I am glad that the Broncos are giving him a chance to find out what he can and can't do in a game situation.

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
              I think he has some potental. I haven't seen enough of him this year so I can't make any big analysis on him, but a few things I was impressed about.

1. He blocked Polly rather well during the AFC Championship. He made a key block to spring Anderson for 6.

2. He had a few good catches, but still not enough to really get a feel for him.

He may not be the next Gates, but he could very well be a decent TE. What do you guys think of him so far?

And yes I do know he is going to NFLE this year.

Imo LS I haven't seen enough of him to really have an opinion on him. I like his potential but atp that's all he has.

The fact that Shanahan is sending Duke to NFLE is a positive in his favor, and the fact that he protected him from being picked up by other teams. Also the fact that from the end of season through the playoffs Duke was given some playing time says something as well.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                He did not play college ball and that puts him way behind in experience. NFLE is his chance to get some experience and more coaching which he sorely needs. This is his chance to show that he can succeed against players that are somewhere between college and NFL callibre. Athletism is only a part of being a player or there wouldn't be so many draft busts.

The reason that so many NFLE palyers are never heard of again is that they couldn't cut it in the big leagues. Knowing that is important to a team.

I hope that he succeeds but one way or another I am glad that the Broncos are giving him a chance to find out what he can and can't do in a game situation.
                In his limited appearances, Duke seemed to do well for no more experience than he has. I saw a couple good blocks from him and a couple good receptions. One time, even though the ball sailed well over his head, Duke had the defender clearly beaten. He is still extremely raw, and we don't know if he can raise his game to the consistent level of excellence he needs to make it, especially on the talent-laden Broncos team, but he has shown a hopeful upside.

We'll see.

-----

Comment

You can find out alot about a player from what he does in practice. However, many players can look good in scrimmage and 7 on 7. What you really need is a chance to evaluate them under "live fire". How do they play in the fourth quarter when they are bone tired and behind. Do they have that white hot desire to be the lead dog or are they content with the view from behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                    You can find out alot about a player from what he does in practice. However, many players can look good in scrimmage and 7 on 7. What you really need is a chance to evaluate them under "live fire". How do they play in the fourth quarter when they are bone tired and behind. Do they have that white hot desire to be the lead dog or are they content with the view from behind?
                    I think this is why Shanahan gave Duke some playing time at the end of season. Shanahan is big on his player practicing well so I tend to think that Duke must have shown something in practice.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think from what I've seen is that he has potential. He's made a few good plays, and that TD catch came out of nowhere. Hopefully from here and on, there are only good things to come.

Comment

His stint with NFL Europe should give the coaches a chance to see him under game conditions. It should do him some good...or end the expriment.
                        As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                          It's true that a lot of guys that go to NFL Europe disappear and never make it in the league, but this is because teams send borderline prospects to Europe in a hope that they will develop. These players that disappear do so because they don't have what it takes to succeed. It's not that NFL Europe causes prospects to disappear; It's that most of the prospects don't show enough to make the jump to being an NFL starter.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

duke hasnt played enough yet to really have a definative opinion, but he has made the most of the time he has gotten. im looking forward to seeing what he does in europe.
                            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

One has to wonder in his receptions did they (defense) really play him as a true threat as he has not really been on any game film or did he fall through the cracks and looked because of it.

Or is he that good and be able to do this consistently once known.

Comment

Working...
                              X