Bowlen slips up at the Pro Bowl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen slips up at the Pro Bowl...

Not sure if anyone caught Pat Bowlen talking to NFL Network in a Pre-Pro Bowl interview, when Rod Woodson asked what the team needs. Bowlen slipped up and said that he could not say much but he said "Mike is recruiting some guys".

The key to to this statement was some guys? Though Bowlen was not suppose to say it because the Free Agency period has not even begun, it does give insight that Shanahan is likely recruiting more then just T.O. and Williams. Because he could have said well you know the rumors and we have met T.O., but he did not, he refused to divulge anymore then that, which to me means they are keying in on some athletes we likely have not even thought about.

the comment i thought that was intresting was, shanny said that he knew manning was "good but not this good"

Comment

Originally posted by puredenfan
      the comment i thought that was intresting was, shanny said that he knew manning was "good but not this good"
      Yeah but Mike now also knows a little more about Manning's ability by coaching him then he did before, you learn a lot more that way then by ever watching film. And Mike is a genius, so he is probably taking mental notes on little issues here or there that Manning may have.

Comment

If all those other punk teams have a problem with Mike recruiting potential FA's, then they shoulda been the team that got their asses kicked by Pitt in the AFCC game, not Denver.

Shanny earned that right...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
          Yeah but Mike now also knows a little more about Manning's ability by coaching him then he did before, you learn a lot more that way then by ever watching film. And Mike is a genius, so he is probably taking mental notes on little issues here or there that Manning may have.
          He should force him to use a Vince Young-like throwing motion, heh...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            If all those other punk teams have a problem with Mike recruiting potential FA's, then they shoulda been the team that got their asses kicked by Pitt in the AFCC game, not Denver.

Shanny earned that right...
            Well it is not that simple... It is against the rules, though Bowlen is one of the most powerful men in the league, so nothing will happen, I do not think so at least. You can end up fined big time for breaking league rules, and because Bowlen did not disclose more info, the league would have a hard time proving who or what teams any such athletes were on. But on your comment, it does not matter that we lost, you can not recruit free agents until the free agent period begins period. The league can take draft picks away, and fine for breaking league rules.

But I am interested in who the athletes are, not that Bowlen slipped up. I am just boggled wondering who they are?

Comment

1 guy might be vonden bosh DE from titans hes a FA....had 12.5 sacks

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
                1 guy might be vonden bosh DE from titans hes a FA....had 12.5 sacks
                No, he wants to remain with the Titans, they gave him a chance when most would not, he is very loyal at this point especially with all the injuries. Bosh wants a contract to stay in Tennessee...

Comment

i cant see us bringing in too many probowlers when you consider our cap situation. most fa's coming off a probowl season are going to get multiple suitors. good to hear shanny's taking every inch he can though.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                    i cant see us bringing in too many probowlers when you consider our cap situation. most fa's coming off a probowl season are going to get multiple suitors. good to hear shanny's taking every inch he can though.
                    I agree with you to a point. Remember Shanahan is the epitemy of talent in the rough, he finds those some may overlook... Shanahan my be recruiting one of the special team players for all we know. But if he is looking, I doubt it is at the Pro Bowl, he probably has a board already of what players he is interested in, and he probably has a call into their agents already as well. But it is good to know he will be aggressive this off-season and plans on making the team better.

Comment

Well it is not that simple... It is against the rules, though Bowlen is one of the most powerful men in the league, so nothing will happen, I do not think so at least. You can end up fined big time for breaking league rules, and because Bowlen did not disclose more info, the league would have a hard time proving who or what teams any such athletes were on. But on your comment, it does not matter that we lost, you can not recruit free agents until the free agent period begins period. The league can take draft picks away, and fine for breaking league rules.

But I am interested in who the athletes are, not that Bowlen slipped up. I am just boggled wondering who they are?
                      I........am......joking....

Comment

I agree with you to a point. Remember Shanahan is the epitemy of talent in the rough, he finds those some may overlook... Shanahan my be recruiting one of the special team players for all we know. But if he is looking, I doubt it is at the Pro Bowl, he probably has a board already of what players he is interested in, and he probably has a call into their agents already as well. But it is good to know he will be aggressive this off-season and plans on making the team better.

and shanny has shown he has a long memory. our fullback is an example. i remember when he was signed shanny had said they had their eye on him coming out of college and brought him in because of that. so he may not necessarily be recruiting for this offseason, but planting seeds for the future.
                        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Since Bowlen didn't mention anyone by name isn't he on safe ground?
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Since Bowlen didn't mention anyone by name isn't he on safe ground?
                            That is what makes it safe. If he would have said names, then it would have been the big no, no. That is why I think they can not do anything about it. Now if he would have said "mike is recruiting Sharper and James" or something like that, their teams could have asked the league to punish the Bronocs and the league likely would have already had an action set up against us for it.

But Bowlen did well by saying nothing more... But I like that he put it out there so we know that they are active.

Comment

It happens every year at the Pro Bowl. No names were mentioned so there shouldn't be a problem.

Lynch even said this week in an article that he learned about the Broncos organization at the Pro Bowl the year before he got here and was impressed. We didn't have any coaches there coaching, but some were there.

This happens all of the time and you know Fox and the Panthers are doing the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X