Bowlen slips up at the Pro Bowl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane
    Well it is not that simple... It is against the rules, though Bowlen is one of the most powerful men in the league, so nothing will happen, I do not think so at least. You can end up fined big time for breaking league rules, and because Bowlen did not disclose more info, the league would have a hard time proving who or what teams any such athletes were on. But on your comment, it does not matter that we lost, you can not recruit free agents until the free agent period begins period. The league can take draft picks away, and fine for breaking league rules.

But I am interested in who the athletes are, not that Bowlen slipped up. I am just boggled wondering who they are?
    Sayin Mike is recruiting isn't against the rules. It's not incriminating unless he says a name or indicated he's specificly "talking" to a player under contract.
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
      Yea, I also heard that today, actually, that Miami dropped out of the T.O. sweepstakes. So, unless TB is meeting with him, the Broncos are the only team seriously interested.
      The Jaguars are in Jacksonville, FL. That might be a possibility as well.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Every team has some sort of representative at the Pro Bowl. Why not, it's a paid vacation!
        While they may not be formally recruiting, there's a whole bunch of schmoozing and handshaking going on with player's agents. There is no rule against a team rep feeling out a FA's agent on where his client would or wouldn't consider going and what kind of general deal they'll be looking for. As long as the information is general, available to everybody, and no negotiating takes place, that's allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by GEEZE
          Every team has some sort of representative at the Pro Bowl. Why not, it's a paid vacation!
          While they may not be formally recruiting, there's a whole bunch of schmoozing and handshaking going on with player's agents. There is no rule against a team rep feeling out a FA's agent on where his client would or wouldn't consider going and what kind of general deal they'll be looking for. As long as the information is general, available to everybody, and no negotiating takes place, that's allowed.

It's not allowed by the front offices of each team. Players can talk to other players because they don't set the terms of employment.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            It's not allowed by the front offices of each team. Players can talk to other players because they don't set the terms of employment.
            I said "reps" not front office, personnel types. My point is that there is more information getting passed back and forth, within the rules, than one might think.

Comment

Working...
            X