Champ Bailey MVP Pro-Bowl???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey MVP Pro-Bowl???

Yes, I realize that Derrick Brooks received the Pro-Bowl MVP but it was only by default because the AFC did not win the game. Look at the Stats and our own Champ Bailey out did him completely.

Champ - one interception and run back for over 30 yards. One fumble recovery. The normal phenomenal stick on glue coverage that he has. Several key tackles including one on Tiki Barber and another right on the goal line with the NFC driving for a touchdown.

So yes Derrick did win the MVP, but in my opinion by default only because the NFC won the game because McNair fumbled the ball twice, fumbling the AFC's chances away to win the game.

Champ is still the CHAMP and he did get "jobbed" out of this one because he was so much better than anyone on the NFC pro-bowl players.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Yes, I realize that Derrick Brooks received the Pro-Bowl MVP but it was only by default because the AFC did not win the game. Look at the Stats and our own Champ Bailey out did him completely.

Champ - one interception and run back for over 30 yards. One fumble recovery. The normal phenomenal stick on glue coverage that he has. Several key tackles including one on Tiki Barber and another right on the goal line with the NFC driving for a touchdown.

So yes Derrick did win the MVP, but in my opinion by default only because the NFC won the game because McNair fumbled the ball twice, fumbling the AFC's chances away to win the game.

Champ is still the CHAMP and he did get "jobbed" out of this one because he was so much better than anyone on the NFC pro-bowl players.
    True, but 99.9% of the time, no matter how good another player on the other team did, the star on the winning team will get the MVP. Most of the time, the star of the game IS on the winning team, but sometimes he's not and this debate is brought up. Its a good topic for discussion!

Comment

Champ Bailey did a good job on Steve Smith. Does anyone have any photos Bailey going agaisnt Steve Smith in the Pro Bowl?

Comment

Well, if Super Bowl XLI was between the Broncos and Panthers....shoul;d be a good matchup.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Denver'sChamp
          Champ Bailey did a good job on Steve Smith. Does anyone have any photos Bailey going agaisnt Steve Smith in the Pro Bowl?
          Well, somebody didn't, necessarily. Smith had 8 receptions in the game. I'm sure Champ was not on him all the time, and I don't mean to downplay Champ's game. (He was my Player of the Game.) But it would be interesting to find out just whom Smith beat so often.

BTW, off the subject a hair, but I noticed O'Neal seemed often beaten. Am I off in that perception?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Well, somebody didn't, necessarily. Smith had 8 receptions in the game. I'm sure Champ was not on him all the time, and I don't mean to downplay Champ's game. (He was my Player of the Game.) But it would be interesting to find out just whom Smith beat so often.

BTW, off the subject a hair, but I noticed O'Neal seemed often beaten. Am I off in that perception?

-----
            No, I agree Top! O'neal was picking up his jock on more than one occasion. Champ really did shine in that game and out did all the other corners.

I thought Lynch was everywhere as well. He had the one pick and also a couple of nice tackles. Somebody tell me that guy has lost a step and I'll say their crazy. He is still one of the hardest hitters in football.

Too bad the AFC lost, it would have been nice to see Bailey get the MVP possibly.

Comment

champ bailey got burned so hard right before he recovered that fumble. it was embarrissing how santana broke his ankles on that play. champ bailey needs to learn to tackle...
              sigpic

Comment

-----
                I did not get to watch the game, but heard all the super QB's that everyone drools over had a bunch of turnovers. Manning 3 picks and a fumble and mcnair with two fumblerooooski, green, hasslebeck, vick with a pick.

Maybe Jake is not all that bad afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                  champ bailey got burned so hard right before he recovered that fumble. it was embarrissing how santana broke his ankles on that play. champ bailey needs to learn to tackle...
                  Do you realize the Pro Bowl is the best on the best?

Champ was going to get burned. He was playing the best.

He also was going to do some damage of his own. He is the best.

-----

Comment

Bailey made more plays than most Sunday. He led all cornerbacks in total tackles with seven (six solo, one assisted), broke up two passes, recovered a fumble and returned an interception 33 yards in the second quarter.

From the story on the front page of denverbroncos.com.

I think he knows, quite well, how to tackle.

Comment

-----

Deltha blew his coverage a lot on Smith.
                      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                        I did not get to watch the game, but heard all the super QB's that everyone drools over had a bunch of turnovers. Manning 3 picks and a fumble and mcnair with two fumblerooooski, green, hasslebeck, vick with a pick.

Maybe Jake is not all that bad afterall.

Apparently it was the new footballs which were slick and it was raining in the first half. You could tell the ball was slipping out of every ones hands really bad. Also Peytons head set wasnt working (which he probably broke himself so he could call his own plays haha).
                        sigpic

Comment

Uhhh ok.......
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
                            Deltha blew his coverage a lot on Smith.
                            Must have made a decent play before, he sucked it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
                              Apparently it was the new footballs which were slick and it was raining in the first half. You could tell the ball was slipping out of every ones hands really bad. Also Peytons head set wasnt working (which he probably broke himself so he could call his own plays haha).

Thanks for the info.

Could have been the reason that the NFC only had 2 picks just rained while the AFC had the ball. The head set must have really taken his mind off the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X