Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver already in possession of speedy DE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    A fairly new article on the front page here provides evidence that Corey may be a reason we don't have to worry so much about that DE we need.

"Then in the pass-rush stuff, said Coyer, "Corey Jackson jumped out (in practice last season). He jumped out at you. I think it's easier to move that forward sometimes than a young player being able to translate (from the college ranks)."

"Jumped out at you." I like the sound of that. We may . . . just may . . . . have another Mecklenberg waiting in the wings.

*crosses fingers*

-----

WOuldn't that be nice....lets hope the player evaluation is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
      WOuldn't that be nice....lets hope the player evaluation is accurate.
      Not totally sold on Coyer to start out with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
        Not totally sold on Coyer to start out with.

Me either....I hope he is not the one evaluting most of the talent...I have heard other players talk about Jackson though...so thats a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          Me either....I hope he is not the one evaluting most of the talent...I have heard other players talk about Jackson though...so thats a good thing
          Just rea the article had 12 plas in college a former Basketball player. If he was so good what was he doing on the PS last year. I'd pulled him up and gotten rid on price the.

wait till all the kiddies find out he was a Basketball player and have 6 plays at TE. My God he will become the 3rd coming of TG.

Edit Do you think this might be another stretch for Mikey even though he was nt drafted?
          Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-18-2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
            Just rea the article had 12 plas in college a former Basketball player. If he was so good what was he doing on the PS last year. I'd pulled him up and gotten rid on price the.

wa ill all teh kiddies find out he was a Basketball player and have 6 plays at TE. My God he will become the 3rd coming of TG.

he did win defensive mvp in nfl europe. when you consider he went from playing 12 plays as a senior in university (which was his first year playing football) to mvp in a relatively short period of time (although i dont know how many years later it was, but it couldnt have been too many), he obviously has some physical abilities.

plus al wilson had some good things to say about him. you dont usually here all-pro players talking about how good a practise squad player has looked, so thats another plus.

so it is fair to consider jackson a prospect.

but i agree with what you are saying, jr. if he earns a spot on the active roster, great. he played basketball so he should be athletic enough to help out on special teams. if he actually sees some defensive snaps, thats icing on the cake. but i wouldnt count on it for a couple of years at least. for right now, im interested to see what he does next camp, but i dont want to be going into camp hoping he is going to step up and be our speed rusher.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
              he did win defensive mvp in nfl europe. when you consider he went from playing 12 plays as a senior in university (which was his first year playing football) to mvp in a relatively short period of time (although i dont know how many years later it was, but it couldnt have been too many), he obviously has some physical abilities.

plus al wilson had some good things to say about him. you dont usually here all-pro players talking about how good a practise squad player has looked, so thats another plus.

so it is fair to consider jackson a prospect.

but i agree with what you are saying, jr. if he earns a spot on the active roster, great. he played basketball so he should be athletic enough to help out on special teams. if he actually sees some defensive snaps, thats icing on the cake. but i wouldnt count on it for a couple of years at least. for right now, im interested to see what he does next camp, but i dont want to be going into camp hoping he is going to step up and be our speed rusher.
              Unlike Duke Jackson had at least a little playing experience at the college level. I'm not saying that will make him the next great DE in the League but it does give him a slight edge.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
              X