Maybe this will fix the d-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this will fix the d-line

STOP rotating so much! Leave them in there to set up different moves. I think we rotate to keep them fresh, but maybe big DE are like big RB, the more they play the better they get. Takin them out and bringin them back in stale isnt really working. No other team rotates as much as we do and they have better success. Are we over working our lineman? We cant afford 7 top quality d-lineman.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    STOP rotating so much! Leave them in there to set up different moves. I think we rotate to keep them fresh, but maybe big DE are like big RB, the more they play the better they get. Takin them out and bringin them back in stale isnt really working. No other team rotates as much as we do and they have better success. Are we over working our lineman? We cant afford 7 top quality d-lineman.
    Another argument to be made off of your's is that we have all of these good D-lineman, but we have no real impact players at the position.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
      Another argument to be made off of your's is that we have all of these good D-lineman, but we have no real impact players at the position.
      Thats true

i mean imagine if we rotated RB's WR's o-lineman and LB's we would have lesser players playing more snaps, thats never good.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Thats true

i mean imagine of we rotated RB's WR's o-lineman and LB's we would have lesser players playing more snaps, thats never good.
        We are paying less for more players, but at the same time we are getting more players for less talent.

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Comment

We are paying less for more players, but at the same time we are getting more players for less talent.
          My ideal line would be for Brown Warren a Pure pass rusher from the draft. and bring back dorsett davis to play the other DT position, lol.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

My ideal line would be for Brown Warren a Pure pass rusher from the draft. and bring back dorsett davis to play the other DT position, lol.
            I think we should focus on the defensive line for the next few years. Football starts on the interior. Good lines make the rest of the team better.

Comment

I think we should focus on the defensive line for the next few years. Football starts on the interior. Good lines make the rest of the team better.
              We need lineman who are not so much fast, but quick. Look at the colts line they are lightning quick and all 4 of them shake 5 o-lineman. None of our lineman are quick. None of our lineman are big power guys like a john henderson or marcus stroud either, thats why we struggle our lineman are in the middle with everything. I think what we gotta do is draft a nice pass rusher, and since our strength lies in our LB's we have to be a blitzing defense, our speed there can do damage if we use it. Disguising blitzes and delaying blitzes will work better with us because of the speed at every LB position.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

We need lineman who are not so much fast, but quick. Look at the colts line they are lightning quick and all 4 of them shake 5 o-lineman. None of our lineman are quick. None of our lineman are big power guys like a john henderson or marcus stroud either, thats why we struggle our lineman are in the middle with everything. I think what we gotta do is draft a nice pass rusher, and since our strength lies in our LB's we have to be a blitzing defense, our speed there can do damage if we use it. Disguising blitzes and delaying blitzes will work better with us because of the speed at every LB position.
                Yea. You mentioned the Jaguars. They don't necessarily have the greatest talent on offense or defense, but they have great lines that can control the point of attack. They can pressure the quarterback and protect the QB.

Then look at Detroit and Houston. They have the talent offensively and defensilvely (somewhat), but they haven't been succesful because the lines are subpar.

We need to be able to create pressure with just the front four, something that has been lacking for a while.

Comment

Yea. You mentioned the Jaguars. They don't necessarily have the greatest talent on offense or defense, but they have great lines that can control the point of attack. They can pressure the quarterback and protect the QB.

Then look at Detroit and Houston. They have the talent offensively and defensilvely (somewhat), but they haven't been succesful because the lines are subpar.

We need to be able to create pressure with just the front four, something that has been lacking for a while.
                  I agree, but i doubt we can fix all that in one year. Also i'm wondering what our D-line coach is worth, we've gotten worse as the year goes on. With Pryce Brown Warren Ekuban and the rest, we should have had more production i think.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I agree, but i doubt we can fix all that in one year. Also i'm wondering what our D-line coach is worth, we've gotten worse as the year goes on. With Pryce Brown Warren Ekuban and the rest, we should have had more production i think.
                    It's not a one year plan, though. It took the Jags a couple years to get their line to becoming a force.

Also, was it just me, or did the pressure form the front four drop off considerably right after the bye week?

Comment

It's not a one year plan, though. It took the Jags a couple years to get their line to becoming a force.

Also, was it just me, or did the pressure form the front four drop off considerably right after the bye week?
                      I thought it happened before that. I remember thinking "wow this line is really powerful," we werent getting sacks but we were collapsing the pocket every play, then after maybe 5 games we just stopped doin that.

How much money do the jags have on thier line? With henderson and stroud and hayward, its gotta be a lot right

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I thought it happened before that. I remember thinking "wow this line is really powerful," we werent getting sacks but we were collapsing the pocket every play, then after maybe 5 games we just stopped doin that.

How much money do the jags have on thier line? With henderson and stroud and hayward, its gotta be a lot right
                        The salaries for the 4 starters go from a minimum of about $500K to $1.5M. Not sure what the cap hits are though. But Henderson and Stroud were both first round picks.

Comment

Ive always thought the rotation was a good idea but you have a really good point where you say other teams dont do it as much and still seem to have more success. You may be on to something there!

Comment

Working...
                          X