• 2006 Defensive starting lineup

At DT i would start Gerald Warren and Micheal Myers
    At LE Courtney Brown
    At RE Trevor Pryce
    LBs: Ian Gold, Al Wilson, DJ williams
    CBs: Champ Bailey and Darrent Williams
    FS: John Lynch
    SS: Sam Brandon

This is the basic 4-3 set that i would like to see start, what about you guys, who would you like to see?
    sigpic

The defense wouldn't get any better. Why would you want the same line that was atrocious this year to be the same next season?
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

they werent bad at all, they didnt get many sacks but they did stop the run well which is key to winning games.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuckeyes
        they werent bad at all, they didnt get many sacks but they did stop the run well which is key to winning games.
        They got no pressure whatsoever on the quarterback, which proved to be the reason why the Denver Broncos were not playing in the Superbowl. Once teams stopped the blitz, the defense was done.
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

well maybe the defensive coordinator is an idiot, he kept blitzing when it obviously didnt work and Big ben found all the holes. he should of started playing some zone or man coverages when it was obvious the blitz wasnt going to work. you dont have to engage eight to get effective pressure you can blitz four and get pressure and everyone else play coverage.
          sigpic

Comment

They were not bad to the common eye, but football minds know better. And stopping the run is the key to winning games? Ummm... That is B.S. if that was true their would be no quarterback position. (The 'Key to winning' is and remains stopping teams both on the ground and in the air.) Coyer is the ground freak, and he is an idiot, plain and simple. The 4-3 Power till Coyer came here was rarely seen since the 72' Chiefs. The Power has so many weaknesses my 10 year old daughter could tear it up, and she hates football. Coyer expects all out blitzes because we do not have the talent to blitz in different looks or change ups, the only real time I saw a single person blitz work is with the damn safety (That is pathetic)!

I think Denver needs to go to a full on 4-3 Speed, we may allow a few more yards on the ground, but not as many as people would think and the pass defense would be boosted. You have heard of the standard right? (400 Yards of Offense and your defense is a failure) We might have only allowed 50 total yards on the ground but we let people get long pass plays on us, quarterbacks had career days against us (300, 350, 400) Back when Elway played it was a good day to hit 300, that was the best, 350 was immaculate, but you do not to let quarterbacks do that to your defense on every occasion. Our corners were good, but they can not be the only element to winning, or there is no way we can keep beating other elite teams. - Running the ball helps control the clock, passing wins the game - You hardly ever see big, big plays on the ground, maybe here or there, but not in every game, how many big time pass plays to you see a Sunday?... 60, 70, 80 or even 90 yards? No runner gets 20+ yards usually, even against the crap rush stopping defenses, they may have a couple big runs, but they leverage out by not making it here or there. If not L.T. in San Diego or L.J in K.C.... even Bell here would have had a 19.4 type yard per carry average.

Coyer needs to realize that the defense can not get it done, I will say this... If Denver does not get faster and better at blitz schemes and changing up or even at basic adjustments, there is no way we can go to and win the Super Bowl, we did good this year but people know how to hurt us now, to leave it as is, well that is just plain stupid football.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
              The defense wouldn't get any better. Why would you want the same line that was atrocious this year to be the same next season?
              Well said, I cant believe the nonsense threads these ppl make up.

Hmm maybe if we start Jake Plummer next year we'll have better chance!

Comment

man you all are crazy you think you know it all or something, you guys are football geniouses for real. well not you all just the guy that said this thread is nonsense
                Last edited by broncobuckeyes; 02-16-2006, 01:18 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

why not leave the DL as it is, they played pretty well all year up until the AFC championship. Why dont you get it through your heads that the steelers know how to stop our blitz because they are a team that blitzes like us.
                  so of course they are going to know how to stop our blitz, bunch of babies you are get over the AFC lost and blaming our DL and Jake, just because they played one bad game jump all over their case.
                  Oh and by the way the steelers have a great offensive line you all seem to missed that one.
                  Last edited by broncobuckeyes; 02-16-2006, 01:18 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

man you all are crazy you think you know it all or something, you guys are football geniouses for real.

Wow... While your at it just throw yourself down on the ground cry, kick and scream!

Just because people have a difference of opinion does not make them right nor wrong, just they believe in something you do not. If it hurts your feelings then do not post, but we will retort or comment on what we read, agree or disagree...

If you can not handle it go get your momma and have her tuck your *** in...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                      Well said, I cant believe the nonsense threads these ppl make up.

Hmm maybe if we start Jake Plummer next year we'll have better chance!
                      ok mr. redneck you are right you know everything their is to know about football, and your always right, gimme a break
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

Wow... While your at it just throw yourself down on the ground cry, kick and scream!

Just because people have a difference of opinion does not make them right nor wrong, just they believe in something you do not. If it hurts your feelings then do not post, but we will retort or comment on what we read, agree or disagree...

everyone on here is quick to change our defensive line when i see no problem with it. and you state the obvious every time, nothing on here is going to hurt my feelings, like i give a care about all you that spend all day posting on here. i mean its fun but their are other things to do
                        sigpic

Comment

anyway all you guys did was comment on my lineup like it was crap or something like you can come up with something better for our front four. we dont have much to work with on the roster right now
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                            They got no pressure whatsoever on the quarterback, which proved to be the reason why the Denver Broncos were not playing in the Superbowl. Once teams stopped the blitz, the defense was done.
                            I completly agree, in the Pittsburgh game. We were fairly successful at pressuring most Qb's all year long, then in AFC championship, we blitzed on EVERY third down, at some point Coyer should have actually faked a blitz, and dropped coverage. Coyer did not at ANY time, alter a failing game plan, and third downs KILLED us. I dont blame our defensive line, or any member of our defense, or Jake for that matter, I pin a large part of the blame on Larry Coyer. I believe he's a great D-coordinator, but I believe he should have altered his gameplan when our blitzes were picked up so well by the Steelers. So I blame coaches before the athletes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

man you guys are hardcore, its just a game
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X