2006 Defensive starting lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncobuckeyes
    what are you an english teacher? you need to come at me with something better than that just because i dont write my posts like a report thats due for english 101 doesnt make me 13. instead of knocking all my threads, which arent that bad by the way, why dont you come up with something useful to say instead of the same meaningless junk.
    Why on earth do you feel the need to reply more than once to the same post? You have done it very consistently... trying to boost your post count???

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

At DT i would start Gerald Warren and Micheal Myers
      At LE Courtney Brown
      At RE Trevor Pryce
      LBs: Ian Gold, Al Wilson, DJ williams
      CBs: Champ Bailey and Darrent Williams
      FS: John Lynch
      SS: Sam Brandon

This is the basic 4-3 set that i would like to see start, what about you guys, who would you like to see?
      At LE Courtney Brown
      At DT i would start Gerald Warren and T. Pryce
      at re Mario Williams
      LBs: Ian Gold, Al Wilson, DJ williams
      CBs: Champ Bailey and Darrent Williams
      FS: John Lynch
      SS: Sam Brandon
      Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Well . . .

anyway all you guys did was comment on my lineup like it was crap or something like you can come up with something better for our front four. we dont have much to work with on the roster right now
        I have read all through this thread, and I have seen nothing from anybody that was unduly argumentative with your defensive lineup. All they have done is to try to discuss it with you. When they have disagreed, you have come back with personal attacks.

You need to grow up.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          I have read all through this thread, and I have seen nothing from anybody that was unduly argumentative with your defensive lineup. All they have done is to try to discuss it with you. When they have disagreed, you have come back with personal attacks.

You need to grow up.

-----
          Are you serious topscribe i never attacked anyone. if anything i was attacked, i never called anyone names on this thread, i cant believe you said that i have lost all respect for you
          sigpic

Comment

its cool when people disagree i dont care, isnt that the purpose of these threads? well when someone starts calling you names and talking about your mom and this and that why shouldnt I come back with personal attacks? i respect everyones difference of opinion but when people start coming at me personally of course im going to come back with a response. if you ask me the person that needs to grow up on this thread is lancane, not myself.

get you facts straight before you come at me with that
            sigpic

Comment

they werent bad at all, they didnt get many sacks but they did stop the run well which is key to winning games.

That's the crux they didn't get enough sacks. We need a serious pass rushing threat.
              Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-16-2006, 06:32 PM.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

i'm of the feeling that our dline doesnt need a complete overhaul, just a little fine tuning. id say getting warren back is the top priority. after that getting brown and/or pryce at a decent cap figure would be nice. if we cant get both back, then id go for pryce, although i definately agree that brown played better as the season went on.

id like to see brown (if we can afford him) or engleburger at lde.
                pryce and warren at dt. if pryce is too expensive or if there is good trade value for him, then i would insert a draft pick here to battle it out with veal.
                at rde we definately need a new acquisition, whether it be a draft pick or a FA. we need some speed here. i think shanny hoped ekuban would be that guy, but he hasnt impressed. pryce is a step too slow to close on the qb. if we can upgrade this one spot, we have a very solid dline, imo.

im not opposed to using both #1's on the dline (even our 2nd rounder for that matter) but part of me would like to see a LT taken. you dont get too many years where you have two #1's with quality LT's available. id like to get lepsis's replacement on the team now, even if lepsis doesnt leave.
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

its cool when people disagree i dont care, isnt that the purpose of these threads? well when someone starts calling you names and talking about your mom and this and that why shouldnt I come back with personal attacks? i respect everyones difference of opinion but when people start coming at me personally of course im going to come back with a response. if you ask me the person that needs to grow up on this thread is lancane, not myself.

You made some good points...but think about it if you make it to the Championship and lose then to get beyond that next year you must improve on weak areas. If you made one change to your lineup it would make sense. The change is you need to insert a solid rusher that teams will have to game plan against. Insert the Jets Abraham.

Comment

I would keep Warren, the linebackers, the corners and Lynch.

At DE i think we definately need to draft or pick up a pass rushing end. Then put Pryce or Brown on the other end. I prefer Pryce despite his cost because or his experience (which showed when he crashed down on screen plays).

I think we also need to draft a stud DT. Myers was okay, but i would like to see some new and young talent in there.

Ferguson I would also consider switching out with Brandon. He was a ball hawk this season, but he also blew some deep coverages.

There are my thoughts! Oh and Fins4life, your signature is hillarious.

Comment

Well . . .

Are you serious topscribe i never attacked anyone. if anything i was attacked, i never called anyone names on this thread, i cant believe you said that i have lost all respect for you
                      I did not intend to insult you in any way. I was only trying to call attention to the way you were receiving disagreements with you. Here are some samples of what I was talking about:

Post #8 "man you all are crazy you think you know it all or something, you guys are football geniouses for real. well not you all just the guy that said this thread is nonsense"

#9 "bunch of babies you are get over the AFC lost and blaming our DL and Jake"

#11 "ok mr. redneck you are right you know everything their is to know about football, and your always right, gimme a break"

#21 "your the one that is acting childish calling me names and so on. thats ok i dont care what you have to say, i know there are very intelligent people on here, no doubt.
                      but i dont think that you are one of them."

#24 "your a jerk simple as that"

#27 "the guy lancane was being a butthole just because i say he is full of BS"

#39 "if you dont have anything to say about my post then dont post anything at all smart ass"

You can do better than that, can't you? Or do you really need to grow up?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                        I did not intend to insult you in any way. I was only trying to call attention to the way you were receiving disagreements with you. Here are some samples of what I was talking about:

Post #8 "man you all are crazy you think you know it all or something, you guys are football geniouses for real. well not you all just the guy that said this thread is nonsense"

#9 "bunch of babies you are get over the AFC lost and blaming our DL and Jake"

#11 "ok mr. redneck you are right you know everything their is to know about football, and your always right, gimme a break"

#21 "your the one that is acting childish calling me names and so on. thats ok i dont care what you have to say, i know there are very intelligent people on here, no doubt.
                        but i dont think that you are one of them."

#24 "your a jerk simple as that"

#27 "the guy lancane was being a butthole just because i say he is full of BS"

#39 "if you dont have anything to say about my post then dont post anything at all smart ass"

You can do better than that, can't you? Or do you really need to grow up?

-----
                        Uh oh - Spaghetti Oh's!!!!

So much for the "I never called anyone names" arguement....

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Actually you have been calling some of the other posters names and quite honestly it doesn't seem to me that you do respect differing opinions. My take is that you only respect those that agree with you.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Excuse me... But you have degraded several people on here, you called my fellow posters rednecks, basically idiots that know nothing about football, the minute two or three of us disagreed with you instead of saying I just do not agree - you attacked, I retorted regarding this only because a child literally would attack the way and in the manner you did. I asked if your mom was proud, etc. I basically called you a child. Trust me I could have been a lot worse, but I find that is not needed on here. You lost respect for Top, yet Top was telling you what he took from your posts as did others. Your 23, others on here are older and wiser about the sport because they have more experience...

What experience do you have? Did you play? How long did you play for? What levels did you play at? Did you ever coach? At what levels did you coach? - If you can answer yes to any of these, and more then I played for a year or two from Middle School into High School then your opinion would be that of what you feel from your experiences -I played for over eleven years into College before being injured, I coached from the High School Level into the College Ranks. Now people pay for my opinion because of how well I did not as a player but as a coach. You may disagree with my opinion and that is your right, but you attacked us, I personally do not think you have the overall experience to blast others on here for their opinions.

I may not see eye to eye with Top, he is a friend but no matter the disagreement I still respect his opinion he played in College and has watched the damn sport longer then some of us have been alive. I respect Dean, he is a coach and he therefore has experience, even if we disagree on something - respect still remains... And that goes for the rest of the posters, they may have played only in Middle School or at the High School level but we all talk about what we see or give our opinions, even if we disagree, but we do not become childish and attack each other because we disagree.

If you can not handle the backfire from being a childish ***hole then do not post because some of us will retort on the attack itself, calling you out on why you think your better or why you think your opinion carries more weight, post your opinion, state it and then stay on the subject at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                              Excuse me... But you have degraded several people on here, you called my fellow posters rednecks, basically idiots that know nothing about football, the minute two or three of us disagreed with you instead of saying I just do not agree - you attacked, I retorted regarding this only because a child literally would attack the way and in the manner you did. I asked if your mom was proud, etc. I basically called you a child. Trust me I could have been a lot worse, but I find that is not needed on here. You lost respect for Top, yet Top was telling you what he took from your posts as did others. Your 23, others on here are older and wiser about the sport because they have more experience...

What experience do you have? Did you play? How long did you play for? What levels did you play at? Did you ever coach? At what levels did you coach? - If you can answer yes to any of these, and more then I played for a year or two from Middle School into High School then your opinion would be that of what you feel from your experiences -I played for over eleven years into College before being injured, I coached from the High School Level into the College Ranks. Now people pay for my opinion because of how well I did not as a player but as a coach. You may disagree with my opinion and that is your right, but you attacked us, I personally do not think you have the overall experience to blast others on here for their opinions.

I may not see eye to eye with Top, he is a friend but no matter the disagreement I still respect his opinion he played in College and has watched the damn sport longer then some of us have been alive. I respect Dean, he is a coach and he therefore has experience, even if we disagree on something - respect still remains... And that goes for the rest of the posters, they may have played only in Middle School or at the High School level but we all talk about what we see or give our opinions, even if we disagree, but we do not become childish and attack each other because we disagree.

If you can not handle the backfire from being a childish ***hole then do not post because some of us will retort on the attack itself, calling you out on why you think your better or why you think your opinion carries more weight, post your opinion, state it and then stay on the subject at hand.

I guess you and Top have pretty much summed it all up. Now maybe we can get back to the theme of the thread.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

well maybe the defensive coordinator is an idiot, he kept blitzing when it obviously didnt work and Big ben found all the holes. he should of started playing some zone or man coverages when it was obvious the blitz wasnt going to work. you dont have to engage eight to get effective pressure you can blitz four and get pressure and everyone else play coverage.
                                This is true. If they were max protecting four guys and the rest of our LBs and Safeties were playing coverage I am sure the 2-3 recievers out there would have had some trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X