Champ Bailey question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
    It takes alot of energy to run back punts and kickoffs, and we don't need him tiring out. Also, it is one of the most dangerous jobs in the league, and it would be unwise to risk our best player doing so.

Additionally, Darrent is pretty good at it, when he's not injured.
    I understand what your saying and completely agree, but why in the world did shanny ever use Rod Smith for this job as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
      I understand what your saying and completely agree, but why in the world did shanny ever use Rod Smith for this job as well.
      because rod is reliable-- at least some of the times shanny has used him, it has been because of bad weather. . . i remember being at a game a few years ago where it was snowing and one of our return men (can't remember who) muffed a punt-- next time they punted, who do you think was back there?
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
        I remember he also used Rod back there for a "spark" when the team needed it and there were times when Rod had some good returns. Rod did not seem to want to just "fair catch" the ball when he could help the team get up the field. If I remember right he ran back one for a touchdown, maybe more.

Champ also has worked out during pre-season as a returner, but never in a game. I do not see any emergency ever for Champ to return the ball. I think because he has asked Mike to let him try it, Mike has him as a third string returner.

He is too valuable to use. Darriant also may become to valuable to use, we will have to see. I would like to get someone in there though better than Charlie Adams...

Maybe a free-agent .... Just dreaming but Randel El would look really good back there...
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
          Why isn't Champ used for punt and/or kickoff returns?
          Darent Williams has the job.....

and hes good at it.....
          "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
          -The best in the business-

Comment

Do people that make these threads actually watch football? Also, noone hits the holder in fear of going through or off of him and into the kicker. If you notice Smith also fair catches every time unless there is a big opening, and he only comes in during big games or when the team cant hold the ball on the returns.

Comment

before you insult someone else's thread. . .

Originally posted by jhns
              Do people that make these threads actually watch football? Also, noone hits the holder in fear of going through or off of him and into the kicker. If you notice Smith also fair catches every time unless there is a big opening, and he only comes in during big games or when the team cant hold the ball on the returns.
              do YOU actually watch football?! if so, you may remember a couple of guys named deion sanders, rod woodson, and darrell green-- pretty decent starting corners, and they all returned punts and kicks during their careers. . . did you watch last year's super bowl? brian westbrook was returning punts. . . how about this year's NFC championship game? did you notice steve smith, the panthers' MVP, returning punts? maybe last year in the playoffs, when the jets had santana moss returning punts? it is risky to use starters on kick and punt returns, but plenty of teams have done it. . .
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Notice all the "in the playoffs", we have rod out there in the playoffs.... and if you say champ is better than rod with the ball in his hands you are just dumb. Teams play those guys in the playoffs because it is all or nothing then and they are able to risk injuries. If you want to make that point though ill go down the list of all the teams who use guys that arent the best or fastest on the team and we will see who the coaches agree with here.

P.S. - Woodson stopped when he became a starter, dont know about green, YOU CANNOT compare what Sanders has done with anything any other corner in the league does because he was something special and people just wanted him on the field as much as possible, plus you cant really compare as much pre and post salary cap because key player injuries are a lot more damaging to a team than before there was a cap.
                Last edited by jhns; 02-17-2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

way too valuable to risk it, plus we have dwill

THIS ONE'S.......FOR JOHN!

Comment

Working...
                  X