O-line Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-line Problems?

Guys, I keep watching the AFC Championship Game and I notice that our O-line got beat on all of our run plays and most of our passing plays. Our line may be quick but we were over powerd bad by the steelers. I hope its not a sign of things to come.
    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Originally posted by BulldogRed
    Guys, I keep watching the AFC Championship Game and I notice that our O-line got beat on all of our run plays and most of our passing plays. Our line may be quick but we were over powerd bad by the steelers. I hope its not a sign of things to come.
    The steeler blitz kills every team, they are one of the best defences in the league. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91
      The steeler blitz kills every team, they are one of the best defences in the league. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, they peyton did cry about it like a girl, still, we had NO running game in the playoffs and at end of the season. Balt owned our line and we are lucky that we got the W against them. It just seems like they are not as good as they are made out to be.

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogRed
        Yeah, they peyton did cry about it like a girl, still, we had NO running game in the playoffs and at end of the season. Balt owned our line and we are lucky that we got the W against them. It just seems like they are not as good as they are made out to be.
        Baltimore usually plays well against us but I have to agree that our running game in the playoffs was terrible.

Comment

We gave up on the run, in the first period after having some sucess with it.

1-10-DEN21 (14:55) M.Anderson up the middle to DEN 23 for 2 yards (T.Polamalu).
          2-8-DEN23 (14:14) M.Anderson right end to DEN 28 for 5 yards (C.Haggans).
          3-3-DEN28 (13:26) T.Bell right tackle to DEN 32 for 4 yards (L.Foote).
          1-10-DEN32 (12:46) J.Plummer pass to J.Putzier pushed ob at PIT 49 for 19 yards (L.Foote).
          1-10-PIT49 (12:12) J.Plummer right end to PIT 48 for 1 yard (B.Keisel).
          2-9-PIT48 (11:32) M.Anderson left tackle to PIT 44 for 4 yards (T.Polamalu; D.Townsend).
          1-10-DEN35 (3:29) M.Anderson right tackle to DEN 41 for 6 yards (K.von Oelhoffen).
          2-4-DEN41 (2:55) J.Plummer sacked at DEN 34 for -7 yards (J.Porter). FUMBLES (J.Porter), RECOVERED by PIT-C.Hampton at DEN 39. C.Hampton to DEN 39 for no gain (B.Hamilton).
          1-10-DEN40 (14:54) T.Bell left end to DEN 40 for no gain (C.Hampton).
          2-10-DEN40 (14:13) J.Plummer up the middle to DEN 41 for 1 yard (J.Porter).
          4-1-DEN49 (13:32) M.Anderson to 50 for 1 yard (B.Keisel).
          2-10-50 (12:12) M.Anderson right tackle to PIT 43 for 7 yards (C.Hope, J.Porter).
          3-10-PIT12 (10:06) M.Anderson right tackle to PIT 5 for 7 yards (C.Hope, C.Haggans).
          Next called running play was in the 4th period not a running play called in the 3rd QRT and 6 mintues into the 4th.

1-9-PIT9 (9:03) M.Anderson right tackle to PIT 8 for 1 yard (C.Haggans).
          1-9-PIT9 (8:24) J.Plummer right end pushed ob at PIT 3 for 6 yards (C.Haggans).
          2-3-PIT3 (7:58) M.Anderson left guard for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

38 yards in the first half was not great but there ere some decent runs in there.
          Now I realize that we were behind but to totally give up on the run was a coaching error in my eyes.

Comment

Indy, Denver, and Seattle all had success running against the Steelers in the playoffs. I thought that all of them gave up on the run too early. When you become one dimensional against the Steelers, you can count on a heavy dose of blitzing. I believe we ran for about 95 yards and the Steelers usually only give up about 80 yards, so I don't see a problem other than our coaches giving up to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson91

I don't know, Seattle neutralized it well in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Simple Answer.... Draft Frank Davis late in the fourth round, this kid will give Carlisle a run for his money at right guard...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                  Simple Answer.... Draft Frank Davis late in the fourth round, this kid will give Carlisle a run for his money at right guard...
                  Personally I'd like them to get bigger across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    Well someone on the staff (Dennison) should take em' on a feeding binge (Steak & Potatos) let them swell to 300lbs. tell them they will get fined for dropping below...lol

And Frank Davis is well over that line, so he can go and show em' how it's done! Hahaha

Comment

I agree, I want to see a George Foster size player.... but one good enough that can play like Lepsis/Nalen.

Comment

Yeah I think we need another Oline stud in this years draft or in FA. I just do not feel confident in the Oline we have now.

Critical Table

Comment

Shanny's offense has always struggled against the 3-4 defense.

I don't think our line needs to be bigger to be more successful. I think they simply need to learn how to use our blocking scheme against that style of defense.
                          sigpic

Comment

but not spend any high draft picks to do it, right? remember, you said guard isn't a high priority, and guards aren't highly thought of. . . foster is already huge, so either you want to replace nalen and lepsis, or you want to replace our guards with some big slow guys-- you certainly won't get any guards with elite size AND speed in the 3rd to 6th rounds. . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                              Shanny's offense has always struggled against the 3-4 defense.

I don't think our line needs to be bigger to be more successful. I think they simply need to learn how to use our blocking scheme against that style of defense.
                              is it scheme-- or do we struggle against the 3-4 because it employs bigger defenders? honestly, i've never thought about it in those terms before, but it would make sense. . . what do you think? the 3-4 IS more prevalent now than it was 10 years ago when we were at the peak of our success with the samller lines-- of course we don't have zim and stink anymore either. . .
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X