Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Article

Found a nice article on CBS Sportsline Article

Looks to be a good article. Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

"Denver Broncos

They have to find a big-play threat down the field. Whether that's Terrell Owens -- and it should be -- or another player, they have to get somebody who can stretch a defense. They also need to find a pass rusher. They had just 28 sacks last season, despite being a blitz-happy team. "

They forget about ashley?

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
        "Denver Broncos

They have to find a big-play threat down the field. Whether that's Terrell Owens -- and it should be -- or another player, they have to get somebody who can stretch a defense. They also need to find a pass rusher. They had just 28 sacks last season, despite being a blitz-happy team. "

Yeah... and the funny thing is their analysts never played the game... (We Need a big Possession receiver like Hymes.) We have Speed: Lelie, Combo: Smith and we need the middle of the field playmaker to compliment both receivers... Hymes from Baltimore or Maurice Stovall from Notre Dame.

But I agree with a pass rusher... And they forgot we need another King Kong type Defensive Tackle to compliment Warren.

Comment

"Denver Broncos

Did you notice that's Pete Prisco's "work"?

What would you expect?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
            Yeah... and the funny thing is their analysts never played the game... (We Need a big Possession receiver like Hymes.) We have Speed: Lelie, Combo: Smith and we need the middle of the field playmaker to compliment both receivers... Hymes from Baltimore or Maurice Stovall from Notre Dame.

But I agree with a pass rusher... And they forgot we need another King Kong type Defensive Tackle to compliment Warren.
            YEP, if we get king kong maybe we see some 3-4 this year.

Comment

YEP, if we get king kong maybe we see some 3-4 this year.
              We might see a tad here and there, just to keep offenses honest.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing a whole lot of it.

Still don't have the personnel.

IMHO.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                We might see a tad here and there, just to keep offenses honest.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing a whole lot of it.

Still don't have the personnel.

IMHO.

-----
                By some I mean enough to make them game plan against only. I think that the 3-4 is a year or so away from being obsolete once again.

Comment

"Denver Broncos

yeah really .......how could they forget his td....
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                    yeah really .......how could they forget his td....
                    That is what Mike S. is seeing in his dreams, that is why they brought him in for a talk, I would think. Also he killed us no matter who we put on him, we could not stop him at all. So to bring him in, inspite of what he has done to the Eagles Organization is "respect" for the player he is and what he could become. Rather have him with us then against us, so to speak....

Against us and with us, what a play on words... If we get him what TO will show up?
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by sdbroncofan1
                      Found a nice article on CBS Sportsline Article
                      I LIKE THOSE BRONCO PREDICTIONS,THAT WAS KOOL

Comment

Originally posted by lancane

i agree lancane-- i'm tired of hearing how we need a big time down the field offensive playmaker reciever etc etc etc-- choose your adjective. . . lelie is fine as a deep threat, we need a guy who runs good routes, knows how to get open, and is tough enough to go across the middle-- a guy who can move the chains and present a big target in the red zone.

as for Kong-- i didn't know he was available, but i'm all for it. . . i can just hear it now: "this guy is a real beast folks-- i mean literally!"
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          That is what Mike S. is seeing in his dreams, that is why they brought him in for a talk, I would think. Also he killed us no matter who we put on him, we could not stop him at all. So to bring him in, inspite of what he has done to the Eagles Organization is "respect" for the player he is and what he could become. Rather have him with us then against us, so to speak....

Against us and with us, what a play on words... If we get him what TO will show up?

FYI i was referring to the the statement we need someone to stretch the field

and jr said "are they forgetting about lelie"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho
                            FYI i was referring to the the statement we need someone to stretch the field

and jr said "are they forgetting about lelie"

As far as Ashley, I think he is quickly getting in Mike S.'s dog house. If not, why would they even think of talking to T.O. because you know that is going to make Ashley #3. When Rod is taken out of the game, Ashley has proved he cannot step up. He makes some good plays but he is not as good as Rod, and certainly not as good as T.O.

Ashley is a good player but as far as a wide receiver he is average at best. Look at the top receivers in the league and he does not compare with them. He at this time will always be a #2 or #3 receiver on most teams.
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              As far as Ashley, I think he is quickly getting in Mike S.'s dog house. If not, why would they even think of talking to T.O. because you know that is going to make Ashley #3. When Rod is taken out of the game, Ashley has proved he cannot step up. He makes some good plays but he is not as good as Rod, and certainly not as good as T.O.

Ashley is a good player but as far as a wide receiver he is average at best. Look at the top receivers in the league and he does not compare with them. He at this time will always be a #2 or #3 receiver on most teams.

maybe ....but i still like him dispite ........i still believe if jake could hit him when he is open he would have alot more tds................to be a threat like a TO or randy you have to have more then one TD a season......as long as jake cannot get him the ball when he is open or not having to make a spetacular recption to get it... he will not be taken serious

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X