ESPN's John Clayton.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's John Clayton.....

......just reported on sportscenter that he thinks back-up QBs the likes of Aaron Brooks, Patrick Ramsey, and (gulp) Brian Griese are likely to be cut. If I were Shanny, I would be making some phone calls trying to land one of these guys because we need a decent backup QB. What are your opinions?

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
    ......just reported on sportscenter that he thinks back-up QBs the likes of Aaron Brooks, Patrick Ramsey, and (gulp) Brian Griese are likely to be cut. If I were Shanny, I would be making some phone calls trying to land one of these guys because we need a decent backup QB. What are your opinions?
    I don't think Aaron Brooks should be considerd a backup.

Comment

I don't like any of them... I'd rather (gulp) stay with what we have then to get any of them...
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
        Yeah. . . probalbly not but Clayton might have thought that it was demeaning to call them third string.

I couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
          I don't like any of them... I'd rather (gulp) stay with what we have then to get any of them...

Do you really think BVP can carry the Broncos if Jake gets injured?

Comment

Griese was the starter before he was hurt. There must have been a reason. Brooks could very likely be a starter somewhere, given a chance. I usually like Clayton, but I would have to disagree with him to a degree, pending my hearing him myself.

-----

Comment

Only if we have a good running attack that day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                Exactly. This guy has lots of athletic ability. He has the potential to be a first string QB. His team just sucked big time.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

For the full list of QB moves

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=55970

Thought I'd put up the whole list from SC as to who's up for cut or keep, and who might take them
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

just to clarify, i saw the piece and clayton did not refer to aaron brooks or any of the other QBs he mentioned as backups-- he merely said that he thought they could be cut. . . and he also mentioned drew brees, pennington, culpepper, and patrick ramsey. . . he said he expected kerry collins and ferotte (sp?) to stay put. . . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                      just to clarify, i saw the piece and clayton did not refer to aaron brooks or any of the other QBs he mentioned as backups-- he merely said that he thought they could be cut. . . and he also mentioned drew brees, pennington, culpepper, and patrick ramsey. . . he said he expected kerry collins and ferotte (sp?) to stay put. . . .
                      Yep, that's why I did a thread for the whole list in 'Other Teams'
                      President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                      I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Whats up with Clayton's hair?? Kinda looks like someone cut half of it off, let the other side grow long, and just combed it all over the place.

Comment

Yeah he could carry us - to the opinion he is as much a joke as many think...

Van Pelt couldn't carry Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Seattle or even New England with all their talent, on a team like Denver... Well all I will say is it will be nice to have the number one pick in the following draft...

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
                            Yeah he could carry us - to the opinion he is as much a joke as many think...

Van Pelt couldn't carry Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Seattle or even New England with all their talent, on a team like Denver... Well all I will say is it will be nice to have the number one pick in the following draft...

why??? because he is aggressive..mobile qb with a decent arm....because he might try to force things and throw a stupid pick ...because he's shown he isnt all that accurate...because you dont think he could read a defense and know where the trouble is comeing from and what to do about it

because those reasons didnt give us the number one pick this year with jake

sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              Griese was the starter before he was hurt. There must have been a reason. Brooks could very likely be a starter somewhere, given a chance. I usually like Clayton, but I would have to disagree with him to a degree, pending my hearing him myself.

-----

Just to clear it up, Clayton did not mention anything about the Broncos, he just gave his opinions on which quarterbacks could be cut or traded. I deserve credit for involving the Broncos in this.

Comment

Working...
                              X