ESPN's John Clayton.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    NFL Network says that the Bucs are trying to work out a restructure of BGs contract. They are in a little bit of a pickle because Simms is a UFA.

If he was available and would take it, I would welcome him back.

Alot of his off the field issues while he was here have been taken care of, now that he's married and has his charity work in full force.

He would know the system and we would stand a better chance with him than BVP if St. Jake went down.
    Let the record reflect that mtnman wants Griese back. And, why shoot for backup to St. Jake? Surely, your real intention is for him to supplant St. Jake.
    Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
      Do you really think BVP can carry the Broncos if Jake gets injured?
      no way in hell

Comment

I think any of them would be an upgrade over BVP. Brian Griese and Aaron brooks would be the two best fits for us. Griese because he already has knowledge of the system but the way Bronco fans ragged on him the first time he was here I think there is a snowballs chance in hell of him electing to come back here as a free agent. I think if you could get aaron brooks for a moderetly low contract that he would be a good fit in our offense if something were to happen to Jake. In no way would Brooks be here to push Jake for the job. For those who have said brooks had no talent around him in N.O. you need to rethink that. I think deuce mccallister, Joe horn and donte stallworth make a very nice start to a good offense which they were at times and other times brooks couldnt hit the side of a barn if he were in it. Brooks has been very inconsistent through out his carrer much like Jake was before he came here and like him or not you have to admit that Jake is a much better QB now then when he was in ARZ. Brooks has a very strong arm and is mobile which helps us since we run alot of bootlegs. We need to upgrade over BVP and if we can get brooks in here i think he would be the best fit from the crop of players that will be not only available but might be able to fit in our price range.
        sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24
          I think any of them would be an upgrade over BVP. Brian Griese and Aaron brooks would be the two best fits for us. Griese because he already has knowledge of the system but the way Bronco fans ragged on him the first time he was here I think there is a snowballs chance in hell of him electing to come back here as a free agent. I think if you could get aaron brooks for a moderetly low contract that he would be a good fit in our offense if something were to happen to Jake. In no way would Brooks be here to push Jake for the job. For those who have said brooks had no talent around him in N.O. you need to rethink that. I think deuce mccallister, Joe horn and donte stallworth make a very nice start to a good offense which they were at times and other times brooks couldnt hit the side of a barn if he were in it. Brooks has been very inconsistent through out his carrer much like Jake was before he came here and like him or not you have to admit that Jake is a much better QB now then when he was in ARZ. Brooks has a very strong arm and is mobile which helps us since we run alot of bootlegs. We need to upgrade over BVP and if we can get brooks in here i think he would be the best fit from the crop of players that will be not only available but might be able to fit in our price range.
          I think Brooks probably still wants to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to compete for a starting job. This is why Jeff Garcia refused to sign a contract with the Broncos when Shanahan asked him last off-season.

Shanahan's plan, remember, was to hire Garcia as the backup to Plummer. If Garcia is cut this year, expect Shanahan to be interested again. I don't know how much his injury affected him. Also, I don't know whether Garcia has changed his mind about preferring to be a starter for a crap team like the Lions to potentially going to the SB with the Broncos (but probably sitting on the bench the entire year). Personally, I'd rather hold a clip-board in the SB than play for the Lions, but that's just me. . . .
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
            I think Brooks probably still wants to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to compete for a starting job. This is why Jeff Garcia refused to sign a contract with the Broncos when Shanahan asked him last off-season.

Shanahan's plan, remember, was to hire Garcia as the backup to Plummer. If Garcia is cut this year, expect Shanahan to be interested again. I don't know how much his injury affected him. Also, I don't know whether Garcia has changed his mind about preferring to be a starter for a crap team like the Lions to potentially going to the SB with the Broncos (but probably sitting on the bench the entire year). Personally, I'd rather hold a clip-board in the SB than play for the Lions, but that's just me. . . .

Well living here in michigan and seeing the Lions every week but being a Broncos fan I would not wish Jeff garcia on us. He had to be one of the worst qb i have ever seen. He is like Doug Flutie minus minus doug's talent. At best he is 6 feet tall though i think he is closer to 5-10 he gets alot of balls batted down he is not accurate at all, he makes alot of poor decisions when throwing the ball. In my opinion he would not be that much of an upgrade over bvp. Yes he will be a free agent because there is no way the lions bring him back even to be a back up that is how bad he is/was. He is not even good enough to be a backup for the Lions. Garcia had his only good years when he had T.O. and Rice to throw the ball to. That is another thing if the Broncos are serious about bringing T.O. in then there is definatly no way they even call garcias agent since they mix as well as fire & gasoline. Obviously Aaron brooks is going to want to be a starter as does every player in the nfl but if he is unable to find a starter gig somewheres then I would have to think the Broncos system and the way they were able to make jake a better qb would be fairly attractive to him.
            sigpic

Comment

Well living here in michigan and seeing the Lions every week but being a Broncos fan I would not wish Jeff garcia on us. He had to be one of the worst qb i have ever seen. He is like Doug Flutie minus minus doug's talent. At best he is 6 feet tall though i think he is closer to 5-10 he gets alot of balls batted down he is not accurate at all, he makes alot of poor decisions when throwing the ball. In my opinion he would not be that much of an upgrade over bvp. Yes he will be a free agent because there is no way the lions bring him back even to be a back up that is how bad he is/was. He is not even good enough to be a backup for the Lions. Garcia had his only good years when he had T.O. and Rice to throw the ball to. That is another thing if the Broncos are serious about bringing T.O. in then there is definatly no way they even call garcias agent since they mix as well as fire & gasoline. Obviously Aaron brooks is going to want to be a starter as does every player in the nfl but if he is unable to find a starter gig somewheres then I would have to think the Broncos system and the way they were able to make jake a better qb would be fairly attractive to him.
              gotta agree-- i saw garcia play against cleveland this year and i think he's done. i really liked the guy in san fran, but you're right, he's tiny. he's also getting old and is a big injury risk because of his size and playing style. they aren't spring chickens either, but i would love charlie batch or anthony wright if one of them isn't re-signed by his current team. . . they're career backups who have some starting experience and have proven that they can win some games coming off the bench. . .
              Last edited by dogfish; 02-18-2006, 10:40 AM.
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                gotta agree-- i saw garcia play against cleveland this year and i think he's done. i reaaly liked the guy in san fran, but you're right, he's tiny. he's also getting old and is a big injury risk because of his size and playing style. they aren't spring chickens either, but i would love charlie batch or anthony wright if one of them isn't re-signed by his current team. . . they're career backups who have some starting experience and have proven that they can win some games coming off the bench. . .

That is the first time I heard Charlie Batches name thrown out there and I think he is a good solid back up who could run the offense if jake went down . I have to say that is a pretty solid choice
                sigpic

Comment

That is the first time I heard Charlie Batches name thrown out there and I think he is a good solid back up who could run the offense if jake went down . I have to say that is a pretty solid choice
                  i kinda suspect that pitt wil re-sign him, 'cause i think maddox is done. . . but if they don't i'd love to see us pick him up. i thought he played pretty well for them this year when ben was hurt. . . he's at the point in his career where he's cool with being a backup, but he still has some ability. . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I too see Batch re upping with the steelers because he is from Pittsburgh, & he just won the super bowl. The only way I really seeing him leaving is for a shot at a starting gig. But he has talent and can manage a game he would be worth a shot if he did choose to leave.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X