Pick 1 play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick 1 play!

Is there 1 play that sticks in your mind from broncos past seasons!Mine is when Atwater went 2 hit Freeman in the SUPER BOWL but missed and hit Hilliard!Myself I think Freeman saw him coming and pretended 2 fall
    Do not break the rules just see how far you can bend them!

Originally posted by bronco taffy
    Is there 1 play that sticks in your mind from broncos past seasons!Mine is when Atwater went 2 hit Freeman in the SUPER BOWL but missed and hit Hilliard!Myself I think Freeman saw him coming and pretended 2 fall
    The very NEXT play (I know I've posted this answer tons the last two days) when Mobley knocked down Favre's 4th & 6 pass to END YEARS of Super Bowl FRUSTRATIONS for the Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by East Coast Fan
      The very NEXT play (I know I've posted this answer tons the last two days) when Mobley knocked down Favre's 4th & 6 pass to END YEARS of Super Bowl FRUSTRATIONS for the Broncos!
      That's the play... I was wondring how many posts it would take

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

It was actually a punt, many years ago. The other team . . . San Diego Chargers, I think (maybe some other Broncos "old-timer" remembers). . . had to kick it away from their own one-yard line. It was a beautiful punt, sailing some 60-yards or so in the air, but after it hit, it rolled.

And rolled.

And rolled.

By the time it was downed, it rested on the Bronco's one-yard line. A 98-yard punt.

The Broncos lost that day. One of those days. Of course, back then, the Broncos had a lot of "one of those days."

BTW, welcome to the boards, Bronco Taffy!

-----
        Last edited by topscribe; 02-19-2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          It was actually a punt, many years ago. The other team . . . . San Diego Chargers, I think . . . . had to kick it away from their own one-yard line. It was a beautiful punt, sailing some 60-yards or so in the air, but after it hit, it rolled.

And rolled.

And rolled.

By the time it was downed, it rested on the Bronco's one-yard line. A 98-yard punt.

The Broncos lost that day. One of those days. Of course, back then, the Broncos had a lot of "one of those days."

BTW, welcome to the boards, Bronco Taffy!

-----

Dang what a play...

From: http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/punting
          Longest Punt: 98 YDS, Steve O'Neal, N.Y. Jets vs. Denver, Sept. 21, 1969

List of Records: http://www.nfl.com/history/randf

Comment

Thanks BFC. I was going off the top of my head, of course.

-----

Comment

Thanks BFC. I was going off the top of my head, of course.

-----
              Not to say I didn't believe you, but I HAD to see for myself...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                Not to say I didn't believe you, but I HAD to see for myself...
                That's all right. Kinda showed I do know a little history, didn't it?

In fact, when you check your CP, you'll find a couple more points there.

-----

Comment

That's all right. Kinda showed I do know a little history, didn't it?

In fact, when you check your CP, you'll find a couple more points there.

-----
                  Thank you kind sir (tips hat in appreciation) - I don't think anyone here doubts your knowledge of history... if they do, they are idiots, but most of all very very wrong.

Comment

1 Play

My play is actually the 3rd down run in superbowl 32 where Elway got turned around like a helicopter but still managed to get the 6-7 yards needed for the first down. This is my play because when he stood up and I saw the look in his eyes I knew right there that my suffering as a broncos fan was over!! There was no way after that we were going to loose that game. After 3 super bowl blowouts ( I was born in 76 so didnt see the first one) Being 14 point underdogs, listening to everyone that could talk tell me all week there is no way they can beat the Packers. Finally all the ribbing was going to be over and I knew it after that 1 play.
                    sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by bronco taffy
                      My favorite play would have to be John Elways attempt for a FD when he dived for the end zone and got spun around in the 1998 Super Bowl

I miss those Super Bowl days

Sig by Snk16...Thanks

I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3

My 2006 Draft Wish List:

S. Holmes(DE)
                      L. White(RB)
                      J. Cutler(QB)

Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

Comment

Fake 19 Handoff QB Keep X Post

"Elway boots and rolls to his right, stops, loads it up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it! Here we go 30-20-15-10-5, Rod Smith, Denver, touchdown."
                        Last edited by BroncosB2B; 02-19-2006, 08:56 AM.
                        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Working...
                        X