Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putzier could be a casulty?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Putzier could be a casulty?

    Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos TE Jeb Putzier is due a $1.5 million roster bonus in early March and a base salary of $1.5 million for the 2006 season. His agent, Joe Linta, said he has not heard whether Denver will exercise the option. The Broncos could attempt to restructure the deal. If no agreement is reached, they could release Putzier. Last season Putzier split time with TE Stephen Alexander. "If Denver does exercise the option, I would hope they'd give him the chance to catch 60, 70 balls and become a Pro Bowl-caliber tight end I know he can be," Linta said. Putzier's contract is likely to be addressed next week.

  • #2
    Last year Stephen Alexander signed a three-year, $4.2 million contract that includes bonuses of $1 million. Does this mean we have seen the last of Jeb and that they are hoping Duke will be ready to step it up next season? I don't want to see Jeb go, that guy is good. He has great hands and as we all know he can take a big hit.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Duke will step it up next year.

      Originally posted by Hypnotic
      Last year Stephen Alexander signed a three-year, $4.2 million contract that includes bonuses of $1 million. Does this mean we have seen the last of Jeb and that they are hoping Duke will be ready to step it up next season? I don't want to see Jeb go, that guy is good. He has great hands and as we all know he can take a big hit.
      If Putzier must go, I don't think it will too big a loss. He is a decent player who does not block too well. Duke has loads of potential, and the TE coach, whos name escapes me, helped Antonio Gates in a similar circumstance (an ex basketball player in college with limited football experience) when he was breaking into the league and he is now one of the best.
      NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

      Comment


      • #4
        After the trouble and lengths they went to keep him last year? What a stupid idea if they get rid of him. If only he could improve his blocking a little more.
        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
        Ayrton Senna..

        Comment


        • #5
          keep Duke and Putzier. HE is great!! he is our big time WR, LOL

          Dump alexander. he wasnt anything special and he gets paid 1.5 mill.
          thank god its football season again

          broncos and yankees--champions go together

          Comment


          • #6
            I like Putzier, he's catches like a big WR. Not to many TE's in the league you can air it out to, and they come down with it. He's a big play TE, and not just an across the middle, 3rd look TE.



            Comment


            • #7
              Putzier is okay but Duke can outrun him I believe

              Originally posted by cadencesdad
              I like Putzier, he's catches like a big WR. Not to many TE's in the league you can air it out to, and they come down with it. He's a big play TE, and not just an across the middle, 3rd look TE.
              I think Duke has a lot more raw abilty than Putzier, for the decent year Putzier had, he caught 0 TD passes and is a liability as a blocker. Duke can be that down the field threat and if in on blitzing situations, he will protect Plummer better.
              Putz is decent, but I believe that Duke in the long run will be a huge upgrade.
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

              Comment


              • #8
                Putzier isn't worth $3 million in cap space. That I think is pretty clear. Even if we signed Terrell Owens to a big deal he'd probably only count $3 or so million this season (with long term implications of course)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think we would sign T.O. to a long term deal. He had one in Philly, and wanted out almost immediatly. Incentive laden contract would benefit the Broncos, and T.O. should he perform as well as his mouth says he's capable. I say sign him, and make him put his money where his mouth is.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jeb is clutch as long as Jake stop setting him up to get killed.


                    But that reminds me of a moxy player name Ed Mccaffery!


                    Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                    2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Isnt, S. Alexander our long snapper? Thats probably why he is getting more money..good long snappers are hard to come by.



                      First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DenverBroncosJM
                        Isnt, S. Alexander our long snapper? Thats probably why he is getting more money..good long snappers are hard to come by.
                        No Mike Leach is our long snapper and has been as long as i can remember. Leach does nothing but long snap and take up a roster spot. Alexander makes that kind of money because he is an above average run blocker which none of our other TE's are.
                        sigpic

                        Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncsx3
                          Putzier isn't worth $3 million in cap space. That I think is pretty clear. Even if we signed Terrell Owens to a big deal he'd probably only count $3 or so million this season (with long term implications of course)


                          Hmmm....T.O. or Putz....Putz or T.O......

                          Actually I think it will cost more than $3 mill to bring in T.O., but this is a good angle.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DenverBroncosJM
                            Isnt, S. Alexander our long snapper? Thats probably why he is getting more money..good long snappers are hard to come by.
                            No thats Mike Leech and thats all he's good for long snapping. He's wasting a roster spot that some young player could be holding.
                            sigpic
                            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                              If Putzier must go, I don't think it will too big a loss. He is a decent player who does not block too well. Duke has loads of potential, and the TE coach, whos name escapes me, helped Antonio Gates in a similar circumstance (an ex basketball player in college with limited football experience) when he was breaking into the league and he is now one of the best.
                              Yeah DUke can block and he can catch we just need to see more of him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X