Replacing Ian Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cugel
    It's clear that the Broncos aren't going to pay Gold the money he's asking right now. IF he doesn't sign with anyone else for the big $, we should make an attempt to get him signed.

I think it's a mistake to let him go. He made some awesome plays at the beginning of last year and showed the potential of becoming a player that opposing teams NEED to account for on every play. You have to have back-side containment or he'll run the play down from behind. You can't just throw into his coverage area and ignore him, because with his speed he can close on the ball too fast. That makes him a very disruptive and valuable addition to the D. He and Al Wilson clearly played off each other's abilities and each knew where the other was going to be on the field. It made the whole D that much better.

I honestly think that if he and Mobley hadn't gotten hurt we might have won the division and had home field advantage for the 1st game. (Of course the defensive backfield didn't play well the 2nd half which had something to do with it).
    Denver has left an offer on the table for him, one that management thinks is more than fair considering he's coming back from a serious injury. So far he has not be able to strike a deal with any other team, so hopefully that will work in Denver's favor.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
      Denver has left an offer on the table for him, one that management thinks is more than fair considering he's coming back from a serious injury. So far he has not be able to strike a deal with any other team, so hopefully that will work in Denver's favor.
      I think he'll come back. He was a valued member of the team, and considering his injury hasn't ruined him, he should be wearing the orange and blue again.
      Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Comment

Working...
      X