Lepsis or Foster at LT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lepsis or Foster at LT?

Just curious what you all think about the potential fight for the left tackle position between Matt Lepsis and George Foster. I know this year is the year for GF to prove himself as a Bronco, but i heard somewhere that Matt wanted to fight it out for the LT spot now that Salaam is gone (temporarily?). This position is huge in the running game and the passing game.

Quickness vs. Size?
    Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Salaam is gone man---

Lepsis will get that spot in the end.

Comment

I would love to have Lepsis at LT because hes the better tackle, but he said he wasnt comfortable there and only wanted to play right. I guess we dont have a chose but to put Foster at LT and see how he does.

Comment

Originally posted by MVPlaya
        Salaam is gone man---

Lepsis will get that spot in the end.

Yeah... Hadn't heard if Ephraim had signed with someone yet or not. I like ML's speed and experience, but against a power rusher on the QB's blind side i get a little nervous. I'm sure we'll be fine with either one.
        Kicking around, on a piece of ground, in your hometown;
        Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

- Roger Waters

Comment

yeah at first i thought foster would be the better LT but usually he will be going up against speed rushers, and i think lepsis is better suited to handle speed rushers, foster is probably stronger but less quick so i think they both need to work on thier weaknesses and we will see what happens.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
            yeah at first i thought foster would be the better LT but usually he will be going up against speed rushers, and i think lepsis is better suited to handle speed rushers, foster is probably stronger but less quick so i think they both need to work on thier weaknesses and we will see what happens.
            How's this O-Line:
            LT- Matt Lepsis
            LG- Ben Hamilton
            C- Tom Nalen
            RG- Dan Neil
            RT- George Foster

The only ?'s are if Nalen and Neil can stay healthy all season, how Lepsis will adjust to LT, and if Foster is ready to step up. I think the O-Line will be great as always, all they need is depth.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
              I would love to have Lepsis at LT because hes the better tackle, but he said he wasnt comfortable there and only wanted to play right. I guess we dont have a chose but to put Foster at LT and see how he does.
              I have to disagree. Shannahan said it was Lepsis who said he wanted to compete for that position. Can't say I blame him.

Left tackle is the premier position on the O-line, and he felt he could handle it. Matt isn't the biggest lineman, but he feels he has the speed and technique to make the difference. Foster doesn't have the experience to make a major position switch like that, he'll have to stay at right tackle for now.

Ben Hamilton could shake things up a bit, he's shown an ability to play any position on the O-Line.
              ~SshrpALelCB Lcous @T&T T m1 ^S 4Tr~

Comment

Lepsis will play LT this year, but we brought Foster here to play LT, so I see him getting that spot next year if he play's well this year.
                Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Foster was drafted with the intent that he would eventually become the starting LT. Lepsis is little quicker and obviously more experienced but Foster has skills to be the better LT. While he was Georgia he played both tackle spots so I don't it would be that big of an adjustment for him. The analysis on him coming out of college was that he would have gone even higher in the first round had it not been for his wrist injury.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    Foster was drafted with the intent that he would eventually become the starting LT. Lepsis is little quicker and obviously more experienced but Foster has skills to be the better LT. While he was Georgia he played both tackle spots so I don't it would be that big of an adjustment for him. The analysis on him coming out of college was that he would have gone even higher in the first round had it not been for his wrist injury.
                    Is it still a possibility of us to resign Salaam? I don't know if he would want to after what we did to him, but I think we need him till Foster proves what he can do. I haven't seen him play so I don't know his capabilities, but his health and lack of experience is a concern for me.
                    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Re: Re: Lepsis or Foster at LT?

Originally posted by PortisIsAStud26
                      i think gf....they better put him in or its another 1st round bust
                      Yes but give him a year at Right Tackle and let him get some NFL experience before throwing him into left. Maybe two years if Lepsis shows he can handle the position and if he really wants it.

Foster is too green right now... Putting him in at LT would be like throwing him to the wolves in my opinion.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

PJ Alexander will probably play LT, Lepsis is a staple at RT i wouldnt mess that up with a gamble to making him a LT, and Foster is too big to handle the speed rushers playing LT, I want to see PJ play.
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Lepsis or Foster at LT?

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          Yes but give him a year at Right Tackle and let him get some NFL experience before throwing him into left. Maybe two years if Lepsis shows he can handle the position and if he really wants it.

Foster is too green right now... Putting him in at LT would be like throwing him to the wolves in my opinion.
                          Agreed.... and I'm betting that Jake is throwing in his nomination for Lepsis until Foster gets a bit of NFL experience under his belt. In the long run though, I think Foster will develop into one of the premier Tackles in the league.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
                          X