The importance of Ian Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Wow. Thanks for the information. If Gold is asking for money in the exceeding the range of Wilson he's crazy. You would think he would understand that an injury like what he had is going to impact any contract talks with any team. I would think that if he's asking price is the same from those teams interested in him that they too would balk at that. At anyrate I would hate to loose him but with Spragan and Sykes and a draft deep in talent at linebacker I think we can find someone who could step in and as be productive. If Gold is gone I would like to see Sykes win out, I think he's got alot of untapped talent.
    didnt i tell you gold was as good as wilson? you didnt want to hear me, the only reason broncos dont sign him is cause they think he is risky, but i am willing to take that chamce after i read that he was still blowing by people in the voluntary practice they had last week. he obviously isnt slowed by it so i say give it to him, its unlikely he will tear it again.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      didnt i tell you gold was as good as wilson? you didnt want to hear me, the only reason broncos dont sign him is cause they think he is risky, but i am willing to take that chamce after i read that he was still blowing by people in the voluntary practice they had last week. he obviously isnt slowed by it so i say give it to him, its unlikely he will tear it again.
      Wrong. The Broncos did want to sign him and did offer him a contract that he rejected. You didn't say Gold was as good as Wilson but that he was more valuable. You still have it backwards. Gold wants money than he is reasonably worth. It was Gold who said I'm worth "x" number of dollars and obviously manangement didn't agree.
      Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-12-2004, 08:34 AM.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        Lava, it isn't so much the blowing by people that worries mgmt.....but rather the cutting and stopping.
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Gold's injury is a factor in what they are offering, but I also think that with as well as Spragan Sykes held up in the absence of Mobley and Gold that has to figure in there as well.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Gold's injury is a factor in what they are offering, but I also think that with as well as Spragan Sykes held up in the absence of Mobley and Gold that has to figure in there as well.
            Most definitely that is part of it, the other factor is Broncos at this time with the Salary Cap problems are going be wise with their money.

Gold is good, but with that ACL, like I mentioned before Terrell Davis performance after his injury has to play a big part in contract negotiations with Ian because the Broncos do not want to get "burned" again.

I really hope we can sign him but Wilson was the stability and I am glad to have him back. Mobley if he is able to play will be a help also, but the "youngsters" did play well and remember we still have Terry Pierce.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
              Most definitely that is part of it, the other factor is Broncos at this time with the Salary Cap problems are going be wise with their money.

Gold is good, but with that ACL, like I mentioned before Terrell Davis performance after his injury has to play a big part in contract negotiations with Ian because the Broncos do not want to get "burned" again.

I really hope we can sign him but Wilson was the stability and I am glad to have him back. Mobley if he is able to play will be a help also, but the "youngsters" did play well and remember we still have Terry Pierce.
              I agree, I want to see Gold back in the orange and blue, but we have the depth to compensate if he goes elsewhere.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
              X