X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDforTatum26
    replied
    If you look at my screen name you know who I voted for

I also think Comitee....that would be my second choice.

Leave a comment:

• dogfish
    replied
    i voted committee-- but honestly we won't have a clear idea until after the draft. . . gotta wait and see who we pick up. . .

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Absolutely!

Originally posted by Dean
    Preseason is where players "earn" a chance. Let's wait and see how each back stacks up against the others. There are no free rides. To be on the field, you have to out compete everyone else at your position.

Whoever wins the competition is my choice as the starter. I don't want any preordained starters.
    Points to YOU.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Preseason is where players "earn" a chance. Let's wait and see how each back stacks up against the others. There are no free rides. To be on the field, you have to out compete everyone else at your position.

Whoever wins the competition is my choice as the starter. I don't want any preordained starters. A good coach doesn't pick his starters. The starter is elected by default by those that he out performed.
    Last edited by Dean; 03-05-2006, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SouthCarolina24
    replied
    I say the samething.

Leave a comment:

• Rod80Smith
    replied
    I think we shold give Dayne a chance.

Leave a comment:

• RoorRipper
    replied
    Committee

Although, Dayne needs his 20+ carries to do so.

I think we need to run a lot more often and just make the other team stop us. Dayne can power the ball for a while then Bell can bust a huge TD run.

Should be a very interesting draft and camp.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I think its time we start looking for that star back again. Yes.. we have had success and made "decent" runners out of those in the backfield...but we are TRULY dangerous when we have a stud in the backfield. THere is a BIG difference between having an adequate running game....and a deadly one. Just putting a back in the starting line-up and having a decent run game isn't enough. It really shows in our big games when we don't have that BIG running threat. Last year we didn't have that big running threat at the end of the season. Ron Dayne and Bell just isn't the answer. They are adequate. I personally want more than just adequate.

Ravage, good to see you on here.

I happen to agree with you. I want a stud in the backfield that can do more then just make one or two guys miss. I want a guy who can run, catch, and BLOCK!!!!

Tatum can't block. He can run, but still does not know how to follow a block. Maybe thats why he can't block. He doesn't understand it.

Dayne is solid, but I dont' know if he is complete.

I don't want Bell getting to relaxed back there so we NEED to draft a guy who can come in and push everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bcbronc
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I think its time we start looking for that star back again. Yes.. we have had success and made "decent" runners out of those in the backfield...but we are TRULY dangerous when we have a stud in the backfield. THere is a BIG difference between having an adequate running game....and a deadly one. Just putting a back in the starting line-up and having a decent run game isn't enough. It really shows in our big games when we don't have that BIG running threat. Last year we didn't have that big running threat at the end of the season. Ron Dayne and Bell just isn't the answer. They are adequate. I personally want more than just adequate.

i disagree. i think with dayne and bell and kj we are going to have the best backfield in the nfl next season. well, maybe not the best, but one of the better ones definately.

Leave a comment:

• broncos_mtnman
    replied
    I've been wanting to see Bell have the "break out" season he was predicted to have. So far, that hasn't happened.

The few games he played, I really liked Dayne.

At this time, he would be my choice.

Leave a comment:

• PurdueBronc
    replied
    Dayne, he is finally in a system that will allow him to showcase his talent (although Denver does that for every runner). Denver's scheme has some similarities to the Badger running game. I hope he gets the chance to prove himself.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    GIve the ball to the oversized rhino (Dayne)
    he can punish and take more hits through a goal.......

Leave a comment:

• SouthCarolina24
    replied
    Probaly so

Leave a comment:

• Colorado69
    replied
    DeAngelo Williams won't be available.

Mr. Williams will be drafted very early, as he is a complete back with great character. The Broncos will grab a RB. They always do. There is a good choice of runningbacks in this draft. 3rd or 4th round will have talented backs. Dontrell Moore or Quinton Gathers may still be available.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X