Why Anderson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbutk
    Um, not to say it won't happen ...but I'll believe it when I see it (and I hope I do).
    It's not like MA was some spectacular stud running back. He was a solid, pound it between the tackles back, which is exactly what Dayne was last season and can be next year. I've got faith in whoever is carrying the ball...

Comment

i understand pryce because he doesnt really contribute
      but mike proved himself and he should've been kept
      and i dont kno why but i like jeb putzier,he always catches the ball and gets hits the most
      but i guess its good because were trimmin off cap and we wont be over the cap soon
      I believe in you, Knowshon!

Comment

Hey guys,if Dayne becomes our full time starter,he's gonna tear it up BIG TIME!!
        He's well aware of MA's release and I'm sure that's motivating him to come out and claim the spot.

Comment

exactly.......

Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
          Hey guys,if Dayne becomes our full time starter,he's gonna tear it up BIG TIME!!
          He's well aware of MA's release and I'm sure that's motivating him to come out and claim the spot.

i dont know what the big fuss is about. Dayne ran this offense for 4yrs. and ran over 7000 yrds. Shanny knows it and he's gonna put him back there and watch him run wild. Dayne will be The starter next year no matter what, and Bell will back him up.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Tatum is ok

Dont get me wrong mike was good and shouldnt have been cut but Tatum Bell is gonna do good for Denver.
            He is young and fast he just needs to hold on to the ball.
            in a year or two he will be great.....i hope
            GO BRONCOS, SPURS, CUBS, PANTHERS, CRUSH!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            thnx LynchBailey 2447

Comment

anderson is 33 and he showed it at the end of the season. he was worn out and just couldnt pound the rock like he could earlier in the season. he might come back for the vet minumum but dont expect anything more than that.

Comment

Mike Anderson...

He's old...
                Wasn't as effective as he once was
                Dayne and Bell can handle the job.

I love MA, but even I could see that he wasn't what he used to be, I't was hard but he stuggled the last 5 or 6 games of the season.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                  I was expecting to see pryce go, and putzier was on the border but its no big deal. BUT WHY MIKE. I dont think that Bell is ready yet, and I dont want us to drafta rb since we were fine. We could have cut 1 of the browns ands another TE instead of Mike. Anybody have a logical reason besides the $ factor? Also does anybody think that anderson will sign with us as a FA?
                  Even if Mike stayed Shanahan would more than likely be drafting a running back.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                    i dont know what the big fuss is about. Dayne ran this offense for 4yrs. and ran over 7000 yrds. Shanny knows it and he's gonna put him back there and watch him run wild. Dayne will be The starter next year no matter what, and Bell will back him up.
                    Dayne will have to earn the spot which at this point he hasn't. Shanahan has never just handed a starting position over to player they have to earn it.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

o'

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      Dayne will have to earn the spot which at this point he hasn't. Shanahan has never just handed a starting position over to player they have to earn it.
                      of course i know that. He's gonna draft a rb and may sign a fa rb. Last year it was a lot of comp in the rb deparment, and i expect the same this year from shanny. Yea Dayne hasnt earned it but coach has met with him and let him know he wants him back to compete for the lead role. That's pretty much an edge he has, and now that Ma is gone. i dont think it'll be hard to take it waway from Bell.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I hate to see MA go, but let's remember that this system favors RBs. If you can keep ahold of the rock then you can keep your job. I think that what Denver needs is someone who is patient but can show a sudden burst of speed. Bell is needs more patience and he needs to keep ahold of the ball. Dayne will pound the ball, but does not have the speed. We will get through this. We did after we traded Portis.

SIG BY Snk 16

I adopted #50 Ben Hamilton. GO O-LINE.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
                          Um, not to say it won't happen ...but I'll believe it when I see it (and I hope I do).
                          Olandis Gary
                          Clinton Portis
                          Quentin Griffin
                          Reuben Droughns
                          Mike Anderson

Those names ring any bells?...they are all 1000 + yard rushers Denver has had since the start of the 1999 season (with the exception of Q). AND I think that I am forgetting someone here. ( 2001 season leading rusher? no clue, seems to have been erased from my mind. )

Why anyone should be doubting that Shanny & co will have another productive, 1000+ yard back in our backfield next season is beyond myself.

Comment

Originally posted by lo4f3r
                            I was expecting to see pryce go, and putzier was on the border but its no big deal. BUT WHY MIKE. I dont think that Bell is ready yet, and I dont want us to drafta rb since we were fine. We could have cut 1 of the browns ands another TE instead of Mike. Anybody have a logical reason besides the $ factor? Also does anybody think that anderson will sign with us as a FA?
                            MA and Pryce didnt want to take a paycut. So they got cut

Comment

Originally posted by Broncsfan87
                              Olandis Gary
                              Clinton Portis
                              Quentin Griffin
                              Reuben Droughns
                              Mike Anderson

Those names ring any bells?...they are all 1000 + yard rushers Denver has had since the start of the 1999 season (with the exception of Q). AND I think that I am forgetting someone here. ( 2001 season leading rusher? no clue, seems to have been erased from my mind. )

Why anyone should be doubting that Shanny & co will have another productive, 1000+ yard back in our backfield next season is beyond myself.
                              Terrell Davis was the leading rusher in 2001 with like 800 yds or so.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

He wasn't anything special.....

He is a good person, but did we win the superbowl? No. One of our problems was a fizzled running game....MA was our leading back......

We need to make changes or our success as a team will make changes for the worst.

Good move Mike (shanahan)

Comment

Working...
                                X