X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sitngrin
    That is my biggest issue with them cutting Mike. He gave up a good part of his career to play with the Bronocos and went to FB when Shanahan asked him to. He has made sacrifices for the team and now the team craps on him. I don't know that I like the way the Broncos are going. Reasons I have been a fan for so long are quickly starting to disappear and I have been here through ALL the bad years.
    MA was my favorite Bronco. I've already made that plain on these boards.

However, it has been said this is a cruel business. Actually, it isn't the business but nature that is cruel. Were MA a couple years younger, he would still be here. However, he isn't, and we have a very good, younger Ron Dayne, who is essentially the same kind of runner, awaiting his turn. And the objective of the team is winning, not carrying loyal players who have, unfortunately, outlived their usefulness in that specific category.

Fan of MA's or not, I'm afraid I have to agree with their decision to cut him.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Sitngrin
    replied
    Loyalty means nothing I guess

That is my biggest issue with them cutting Mike. He gave up a good part of his career to play with the Bronocos and went to FB when Shanahan asked him to. He has made sacrifices for the team and now the team craps on him. I don't know that I like the way the Broncos are going. Reasons I have been a fan for so long are quickly starting to disappear and I have been here through ALL the bad years.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by lo4f3r
    I was expecting to see pryce go, and putzier was on the border but its no big deal. BUT WHY MIKE. I dont think that Bell is ready yet, and I dont want us to drafta rb since we were fine. We could have cut 1 of the browns ands another TE instead of Mike. Anybody have a logical reason besides the $ factor? Also does anybody think that anderson will sign with us as a FA?
    They like Laurance Maroney the runner out of Minnesota, if he is there when Denver picks number 22 in the first round then he will be a Bronco. also they have Cedric Cobb on the practice squad, he will get a good long look in camp also
    Last edited by theshiverman; 03-04-2006, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    He wasn't anything special.....

He is a good person, but did we win the superbowl? No. One of our problems was a fizzled running game....MA was our leading back......

We need to make changes or our success as a team will make changes for the worst.

Good move Mike (shanahan)

Leave a comment:

• RebelSyxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncsfan87
    Olandis Gary
    Clinton Portis
    Quentin Griffin
    Reuben Droughns
    Mike Anderson

Those names ring any bells?...they are all 1000 + yard rushers Denver has had since the start of the 1999 season (with the exception of Q). AND I think that I am forgetting someone here. ( 2001 season leading rusher? no clue, seems to have been erased from my mind. )

Why anyone should be doubting that Shanny & co will have another productive, 1000+ yard back in our backfield next season is beyond myself.
    Terrell Davis was the leading rusher in 2001 with like 800 yds or so.

Leave a comment:

• Intense
    replied
    I was expecting to see pryce go, and putzier was on the border but its no big deal. BUT WHY MIKE. I dont think that Bell is ready yet, and I dont want us to drafta rb since we were fine. We could have cut 1 of the browns ands another TE instead of Mike. Anybody have a logical reason besides the $ factor? Also does anybody think that anderson will sign with us as a FA?
    MA and Pryce didnt want to take a paycut. So they got cut

Leave a comment:

• Broncsfan87
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk
    Um, not to say it won't happen ...but I'll believe it when I see it (and I hope I do).
    Olandis Gary
    Clinton Portis
    Quentin Griffin
    Reuben Droughns
    Mike Anderson

Those names ring any bells?...they are all 1000 + yard rushers Denver has had since the start of the 1999 season (with the exception of Q). AND I think that I am forgetting someone here. ( 2001 season leading rusher? no clue, seems to have been erased from my mind. )

Why anyone should be doubting that Shanny & co will have another productive, 1000+ yard back in our backfield next season is beyond myself.

Leave a comment:

• tcron1971
    replied
    I hate to see MA go, but let's remember that this system favors RBs. If you can keep ahold of the rock then you can keep your job. I think that what Denver needs is someone who is patient but can show a sudden burst of speed. Bell is needs more patience and he needs to keep ahold of the ball. Dayne will pound the ball, but does not have the speed. We will get through this. We did after we traded Portis.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    o'

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Dayne will have to earn the spot which at this point he hasn't. Shanahan has never just handed a starting position over to player they have to earn it.
    of course i know that. He's gonna draft a rb and may sign a fa rb. Last year it was a lot of comp in the rb deparment, and i expect the same this year from shanny. Yea Dayne hasnt earned it but coach has met with him and let him know he wants him back to compete for the lead role. That's pretty much an edge he has, and now that Ma is gone. i dont think it'll be hard to take it waway from Bell.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    i dont know what the big fuss is about. Dayne ran this offense for 4yrs. and ran over 7000 yrds. Shanny knows it and he's gonna put him back there and watch him run wild. Dayne will be The starter next year no matter what, and Bell will back him up.
    Dayne will have to earn the spot which at this point he hasn't. Shanahan has never just handed a starting position over to player they have to earn it.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Even if Mike stayed Shanahan would more than likely be drafting a running back.

Leave a comment:

• RebelSyxx
    replied
    Mike Anderson...

He's old...
    Wasn't as effective as he once was
    Dayne and Bell can handle the job.

I love MA, but even I could see that he wasn't what he used to be, I't was hard but he stuggled the last 5 or 6 games of the season.

Leave a comment:

• charcoal01
    replied
    anderson is 33 and he showed it at the end of the season. he was worn out and just couldnt pound the rock like he could earlier in the season. he might come back for the vet minumum but dont expect anything more than that.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBroncos85
    replied
    Tatum is ok

Dont get me wrong mike was good and shouldnt have been cut but Tatum Bell is gonna do good for Denver.
    He is young and fast he just needs to hold on to the ball.
    in a year or two he will be great.....i hope

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    exactly.......

Originally posted by THE MAD BRONCO
    Hey guys,if Dayne becomes our full time starter,he's gonna tear it up BIG TIME!!
    He's well aware of MA's release and I'm sure that's motivating him to come out and claim the spot.

i dont know what the big fuss is about. Dayne ran this offense for 4yrs. and ran over 7000 yrds. Shanny knows it and he's gonna put him back there and watch him run wild. Dayne will be The starter next year no matter what, and Bell will back him up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X