Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Rod Smith be the next player to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Rod Smith be the next player to go?

It kinda makes you wonder if he might be cut, too, because if the CBA deal doesn't complete later today lots of vets are going to be released. It also gets me thinking if we got Terrell Owens, Lelie could be the #2 WR, Adams #3, Devoe #4, will surely have to find another wideout in FA or with a Draft pick. I'm sure I'm way off with this and none of this will even happen but hey it's the NFL for you, never know what to expect anymore.

Originally posted by Orange Crush 16
    It kinda makes you wonder if he might be cut, too, because if the CBA deal doesn't complete later today lots of vets are going to be released. It also gets me thinking if we got Terrell Owens, Lelie could be the #2 WR, Adams #3, Devoe #4, will surely have to find another wideout in FA or with a Draft pick. I'm sure I'm way off with this and none of this will even happen but hey it's the NFL for you, never know what to expect anymore.
    No, Denver's under the cap now. No way, not a chance.

Comment

Rod would probably play for Denver for free.

He's just that awesome.

Comment

I don't think so he's the leader and he's to valuable.

Comment

I can guarentee you, he'll be in Denver next season, if he were to be cut I am almost certain he would retire. I think he is one of those guys who wont pull on another teams jersey in his career.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
            I can guarentee you, he'll be in Denver next season, if he were to be cut I am almost certain he would retire. I think he is one of those guys who wont pull on another teams jersey in his career.

I can handle anyone else getting cut. Anyone.

But I would go bonkers if Rod got cut.

Bonkers.

Comment

No way Rod gets cut. If he had a bad year last year, and we were just keeping him for "sentimental" reasons, that's one thing, but last year he proved he can still play at a PRO-BOWL level.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos04Champs
                No way Rod gets cut. If he had a bad year last year, and we were just keeping him for "sentimental" reasons, that's one thing, but last year he proved he can still play at a PRO-BOWL level.
                Exactly hes too valuable and too important, he taches and makes plays.

Comment

first we are not under the cap now. We are still a couple million above. That will not result in Smith going. We have other players that can be cut to get the space. In fact with the moves yesterday we could easily add a few more and have plenty of space room to sign a couple of guys. I think we are in good shape compared to the chiefs and Redskins. The Raiders have so much crap that the fact that they are 27 million over isn't a big deal. They could cut most of their team and it would change the results much.

Comment

I don't think there's no way. he's the heart and soul of our offense (along with tommy nalen) and if we really wanted to get TO we wouldnt have anybody to keep him in check.
                    the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Well . . .

Probably the most deciding factor in the cuts of Pryce, Putzier, and MA involves the depth at each position. Especially at DL and RB, people who can play are waiting in line. At WR, the Broncos had trouble finding someone worthwhile even at the #3 position. Neither Rod nor Ashley is going anywhere. We don't have anybody to replace them.

-----

Comment

Adams and Devoe were non-factors all last season. So I would say they Broncos should be shopping for a #3 that can actually produce.

And Rod wont be going anywhere. He is the Broncos, right now. The leader in the Locker room and off the field. Also his #1 WR contract is pretty small, not tiny but nowhere near some of the money other guys are making.

Moulds I think has a 10mil hit this year, something to chew on there.

Comment

From what I was hearing on the radio, we are now 1-2 Mil under. Putz offered to play for around $1 Mil, but they must not have seen something from him for them to even consider that. Rod Smith are you crazy??? No way anyone would let him go anywhere, do you know what the backlash from the fans would be if they let Rod go? Broncos have to make money and if they did that to Rod, they'd lose some ticket sales, I know if we treated Rod like that I wouldn't be going to any games.
                          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

i dont think rod will ever leave
                            and shanahan will never let him leave
                            I believe in you, Knowshon!

Comment

LMAO at this thread title.

Comment

Working...
                              X