Jake Plummers Next Cut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    WOW. Your insight into this "profound" statement must have taken you hours to come up with.

MVP? Why, because you say so?

Actually, the rest of this paragraph shows your personal bias, and provides the motivation for your MVP statement.

So, if St. Jake were to be cut (which isn't going to happen - as much as I would like to hope otherwise), you would stop being a Bronco fan? You know what they call that?

Jumping off the bandwagon.

If your loyalty to the Denver Broncos hinges on St. Jake, then you are nothing more than a bandwagoner.

You won't be missed.

Why the hatred? I didn't start this thread. In fact, until this reply, I had only responded once to address a racist statment.

I didn't even comment on the cutting St. Jake.

Are you so insecure in your position, that your only recourse is to attack someone who had nothing to do with this?

Why don't you grow up, read the COC, go worship your boy, and save your hatred for mtnman for some time when he's actually involved in the discussion?

I'm sick and tired of seeing you bash our Quarterback...........thats all you do in here.....what are you going to do when Jake retires or leaves the Broncos?

You won't have anyone to ***** and moan about....

Our offense was average at best last season....our running backs were average and predictable....our TE was a wuss....our line was undersized and couldn't pass block for crap....and our recievers were pretty bad....

If you don't think that Jake was the MVP of our offense.............who was?

entertain me.....

Comment

Originally posted by mrbell26
      broncos mtnman, why do you have so much hatred for jake...are you the guy he gave the finger to in 2004?? jakes the icon, get off his back
      CP to you!!!!!!

Comment

Why the hatred? I didn't start this thread. In fact, until this reply, I had only responded once to address a racist statment.

Are you so insecure in your position, that your only recourse is to attack someone who had nothing to do with this?

Why don't you grow up, read the COC, go worship your boy, and save your hatred for mtnman for some time when he's actually involved in the discussion?
        Just overlook him, Mtnman. A 13-year-old in a 17-year-old body is not to be taken seriously.

I have to hand it to you, though. You and Jake have a lot in common in resiliency.

Jake keeps coming back from your beatings, and you keep coming back from mine.

-----
        Last edited by topscribe; 03-04-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
          I'm sick and tired of seeing you bash our Quarterback...........thats all you do in here.....what are you going to do when Jake retires or leaves the Broncos?

You won't have anyone to ***** and moan about....
          You obviously havn't taken the time to look around. If you had, you wouldn't have posted such a ridiculous statement.

What am I going to do when St. Jake retires? I'll root for the Broncos like I always do.

Based on your previous post, what are YOU going to do? Oh yeah, you're going to burn your Broncos stuff and stop rooting for the Broncos.

Our offense was average at best last season....our running backs were average and predictable....our TE was a wuss....our line was undersized and couldn't pass block for crap....and our recievers were pretty bad....
          Your ignorance couldn't be any more clear.

Our offense was AVERAGE??

We had the #2 running game in the NFL (so much for average running backs).

We had the #2 offense in sacks allowed (so much for not pass blocking and being undersized).

Our TE was the #3 receiver on the team (so much for being a "wuss")

Rod Smith caught for more than 1000 yards for the 5th time in his career and made the Pro Bowl. Ashley Lelie was tied for 10th best in yards per reception (so much for receivers being "pretty bad").

Actually, the only AVERAGE part of our offense was our passing game...

18th in total passing yards
          15th in passing percentage
          18th in yards per game
          20th in passing TDs

If you don't think that Jake was the MVP of our offense.............who was?

entertain me.....
          I would say co-MVPs between Anderson and Bell.

Are you entertained?
          sigpic

Comment

You obviously havn't taken the time to look around. If you had, you wouldn't have posted such a ridiculous statement.

What am I going to do when St. Jake retires? I'll root for the Broncos like I always do.

Based on your previous post, what are YOU going to do? Oh yeah, you're going to burn your Broncos stuff and stop rooting for the Broncos.

Your ignorance couldn't be any more clear.

Our offense was AVERAGE??

We had the #2 running game in the NFL (so much for average running backs).

We had the #2 offense in sacks allowed (so much for not pass blocking and being undersized).

Our TE was the #3 receiver on the team (so much for being a "wuss")

Rod Smith caught for more than 1000 yards for the 5th time in his career and made the Pro Bowl. Ashley Lelie was tied for 10th best in yards per reception (so much for receivers being "pretty bad").

Actually, the only AVERAGE part of our offense was our passing game...

18th in total passing yards
            15th in passing percentage
            18th in yards per game
            20th in passing TDs

I would say co-MVPs between Anderson and Bell.

Are you entertained?
            1.) We have always had average running backs (except for TD and CP)...I also find it funny that one of your perspective "MVPs" was just cut...and not for any reasons relating to the CBA. And your other "MVP" is going to be a back-up to Ron Dayne next year.....LOL!!!
            2.) Our offensive line was built for the running game.....not for pass blocking, thats why we were #2 in sacks allowed....Jakes mobility......i would like to see peyton manning try to pass behind our offensive line....you know...with our "protection breakdowns"
            3.) Putz didn't score a TD......not once.....he was a below average TE when it came to run blocking, but he for the most part limited his drops when Jake threw catchable passes...but like i said before HE GOT CUT in front of Jackson, Leach, Alexander, and Duke a rookie free agent last year.
            4.) How were we ranked in interceptions thrown?....only Jacksonville had fewer INTs with 6
            5.) QB RATING? Jake ranked 6th in the NFL for QBs who started all 16 games......and the only two QBs who attempted more passes than jake AND had a higher rating were Carson Palmer and Tom Brady.....thats not bad company...
            6.) not only do i look at stats.....i also look at his heart...Jake is a guy who will literally run around without his helmet on....risking his life....to win a football game for The Denver Broncos....

I am only 17 and I've been a Broncos fan since the first time i saw John Elway play.....He has since then left the team...and I have witnessed with you guys alot of crappy QB's...Ever since Jake came to town we have found a way to get into the playoffs for 3 straight years...and we almost went back to the superbowl last year.

Living in virginia, its hard to get to broncos games...but i go to a sports bar every sunday to watch the games...when i was 16 i got a tattoo on my back of The Denver Broncos logo..................No im not going to burn my broncos stuff when Jake leaves, I'm just trying to make a point that everyone takes Jake Plummer for granted and no one gives him the credit he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
              Just overlook him, Mtnman. A 13-year-old in a 17-year-old body is not to be taken seriously.

I have to hand it to you, though. You and Jake have a lot in common in resiliency.

Jake keeps coming back from your beatings, and you keep coming back from mine.

-----

Why do you have to kiss everyone's ass?

Comment

Why do you have to kiss everyone's ass?
                OUCH!! That hurt!

-----

Comment

im just asking....

Comment

1.) We have always had average running backs (except for TD and CP)...I also find it funny that one of your perspective "MVPs" was just cut...and not for any reasons relating to the CBA. And your other "MVP" is going to be a back-up to Ron Dayne next year.....LOL!!!
                    Being MVP of last season has NOTHING to do with cuts made during the offseason.

And, how you KNOW that Bell is going to be backing up Dayne is something I would like for you to prove. Of course, you can't, so I expect you will just spout off some nonsense.

Oh wait, you already have.

2.) Our offensive line was built for the running game.....not for pass blocking, thats why we were #2 in sacks allowed....Jakes mobility......i would like to see peyton manning try to pass behind our offensive line....you know...with our "protection breakdowns"
                    You did say one thing correct.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PEYTON MANNING PASSING BEHIND OUR LINE TOO!!

3.) Putz didn't score a TD......not once.....he was a below average TE when it came to run blocking, but he for the most part limited his drops when Jake threw catchable passes...but like i said before HE GOT CUT in front of Jackson, Leach, Alexander, and Duke a rookie free agent last year.
                    Putz being cut had NOTHING to do with performance. It was a salary cap move. Nothing more - nothing less.

4.) How were we ranked in interceptions thrown?....only Jacksonville had fewer INTs with 6
                    You're right. We were good in INTs thrown. However, that changes nothing about offensive PRODUCTION. I see you choose to ignore those stats.

5.) QB RATING? Jake ranked 6th in the NFL for QBs who started all 16 games......and the only two QBs who attempted more passes than jake AND had a higher rating were Carson Palmer and Tom Brady.....thats not bad company...
                    Passer rating (not QB rating) is one of the most unimportant stats used for QBs. You even proved that point.

Even though St. Jake is ranked 6th (starting 16 games), there are three other QBs who are ranked higher than he is, yet they didn't have as many attempts as he did.

As such, that is not an apples to apples comparison.

Heck, the highest passer rating in the playoffs this year was Randel El in the SB game (1/1 - 43 yards - 1 TD). Proof that passer ratings are worthless.

6.) not only do i look at stats.....i also look at his heart...Jake is a guy who will literally run around without his helmet on....risking his life....to win a football game for The Denver Broncos....
                    RISKING HIS LIFE? (you're really reaching, aren't you?)

I've never questioned St. Jake's heart.

It's his head that creates the problem.

I am only 17 and I've been a Broncos fan since the first time i saw John Elway play.....He has since then left the team...and I have witnessed with you guys alot of crappy QB's...Ever since Jake came to town we have found a way to get into the playoffs for 3 straight years...and we almost went back to the superbowl last year.
                    I'm sure glad to hear you've been a fan for such a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

ALOT OF CRAPPY QBS? How many have we had since Elway retired? I'll answer that for you.....

TWO!! Griese and Plummer.

As far as making the playoffs 3 straight years... I'm sure I don't need to mention the BLOWOUTS that happened once we got there, do I?

Living in virginia, its hard to get to broncos games...but i go to a sports bar every sunday to watch the games...when i was 16 i got a tattoo on my back of The Denver Broncos logo..................No im not going to burn my broncos stuff when Jake leaves, I'm just trying to make a point that everyone takes Jake Plummer for granted and no one gives him the credit he deserves.
                    Who cares?
                    sigpic

Comment

And, how you KNOW that Bell is going to be backing up Dayne is something I would like for you to prove. Of course, you can't, so I expect you will just spout off some nonsense.

Its obvious that Shanahan is planning on having Dayne as our feature back next year. Bell can't carry the ball more than 15 times a game for 16 games....impossible

i wouldn't, the guy is a baby who blames his team mates for his mistakes...plus he is as mobile as my grandma.

Putz being cut had NOTHING to do with performance. It was a salary cap move. Nothing more - nothing less.
                      we offered to pay him 800,000.......he wouldn't play for anything under 1.2 million. I don't think he was worth 800,000.

You're right. We were good in INTs thrown. However, that changes nothing about offensive PRODUCTION. I see you choose to ignore those stats.
                      for 13 games in 2005, our offense out produced the other teams offense by putting up more points......

Passer rating (not QB rating) is one of the most unimportant stats used for QBs. You even proved that point.

Even though St. Jake is ranked 6th (starting 16 games), there are three other QBs who are ranked higher than he is, yet they didn't have as many attempts as he did.

Heck, the highest passer rating in the playoffs this year was Randel El in the SB game (1/1 - 43 yards - 1 TD). Proof that passer ratings are worthless.
                      If you compare passer ratings of people with 1 pass attempt and people with 20 pass attempts, passer ratings are worthless.......but if you compare it with starting QBs it becomes more efficient and credible.

7 interceptions....

ALOT OF CRAPPY QBS? How many have we had since Elway retired? I'll answer that for you.....

Bubby Brister, Chris Miller, Steve Beuerlein, Danny Kanell, Brian Griese.....

Comment

i am cool

I'm sure glad to hear you've been a fan for such a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

As far as making the playoffs 3 straight years... I'm sure I don't need to mention the BLOWOUTS that happened once we got there, do I?

Who cares?
                        I applaud you for your impecable flatulance. I must inform you, that our running game was indeed very good, untill week 12, when Anderbell became as predictable as an episode of Walker Texas ranger. Bad guy punch, miss, Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face.

Our pass blovking is among the worst in the league, if you actually watch the game, it stands out like Mr. T at a gay pride rally.

Jake is not the best QB in the league, but he is the best for our offense. And to call Anderson and Bell our MVPs is just lacking of credible thought.

If it isnt Jake, then its Champ. If it isnt Champ, then its Al Davis. You must not get TV on the mountain. ******bag!

Comment

I applaud you for your impecable flatulance. I must inform you, that our running game was indeed very good, untill week 12, when Anderbell became as predictable as an episode of Walker Texas ranger. Bad guy punch, miss, Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face.

Our pass blovking is among the worst in the league, if you actually watch the game, it stands out like Mr. T at a gay pride rally.

Jake is not the best QB in the league, but he is the best for our offense. And to call Anderson and Bell our MVPs is just lacking of credible thought.

If it isnt Jake, then its Champ. If it isnt Champ, then its Al Davis. You must not get TV on the mountain. ******bag!
                          You know, I support Jake, too.

Difference is, I can do it without getting personal and calling names.

If you're not enjoying this MB, perhaps you ought to find one can enjoy?

-----

Comment

applauding u Mtn man

WOW. Your insight into this "profound" statement must have taken you hours to come up with.

MVP? Why, because you say so?

Actually, the rest of this paragraph shows your personal bias, and provides the motivation for your MVP statement.

So, if St. Jake were to be cut (which isn't going to happen - as much as I would like to hope otherwise), you would stop being a Bronco fan? You know what they call that?

Jumping off the bandwagon.

If your loyalty to the Denver Broncos hinges on St. Jake, then you are nothing more than a bandwagoner.

You won't be missed.

never thought i say this but great response Bronco Mtn man. nuff respect.though our opinions differ on jake man i don't think i could have came back with such restraint. that's what being a veteren board member is all about.

Hey big play, hatin on mtn man is not going to change his mind and neither is making jake all world. i give jake his props but the offense was a collective positive not just one person. you knocking the rest of the offense just to prove jake was the MVP is not going to win you any fans either. we almost had two thousand yard runners and they were average?

Good teams like pittsburgh went out to stop our running game first and pass second not the other way around so if jake was the MVP and the and our runing backs were average they would stop him first and the running game second, right?
                            Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBroncos85
                              Is Jake Plummer gonna be the next Bronco to be cut???

i think he should be!

i think Denver could do better without him

Yea lets just let VanPelt smart guys. That would be really smart.

Go find Ricky Williams and share with him.
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by hornell3
                                Whether we support Jake or want him gone, we are beginning to sound just like
                                Buffalo, Cleveland and Cincinatti fans. Willing to accept mediocrity. Who cares about a high passer rating when he has his worst game when it counted most.
                                Look at Peyton's records, but in reality they do not mean anything without
                                being a Champion. Buffalo's four Super Bowl appearances mean absolutely nothing, just means that they failed four consecutive times. Take Jeremy Stevens
                                from Seattle, he catches a touchdown in the Super Bowl to simply drop every other
                                pass that came his way. Is he a winner? Is Hasselback a winner? He leads his team to a 13-3 record and has his worst game in the biggest game of his career.
                                Look at Pittsburgh, Tommy Maddox was the toast of the town. Gets hurt and
                                Ben comes in and takes the job. What if Pittsburgh did what Denver is now doing
                                and refuse to let someone else take over. Yes, Jake had a wonderful season, but when it counted most, he faltered. And yes, everyone can have a poor performance, but to do it in the biggest game of your life and after you have been
                                told all week by the media that you would probably choke, how could he not
                                respond positively? No, I am not saying that we do not have a great team, but we do need to improve or we will simply become a Seahawks, Browns, Bills or
                                Vikings of old and simply play good regular season football and fail in the end.
                                Facing reality does not make us haters or bad fans, just realists.

so let me get this straight are you saying that talented qb's who don't win the big game should be released so that another qb who has never been put in the situation before can try and win the so called big game?

if that's the case then elway should have been released after denver lost to the niners 55-10 in his third super bowl blow out or steve young should have been cut by the niners after losing to the cowboys three straight years in the nfc championship.
                                it took for those teams to be complete football teams for these two qb's to win thier championships.
                                the difference with jake and hasselback is that this was the first year they won a playoff game under thier thier current teams. if seattle was in the super bowl last year and lost and then went again this year and lost then yes it was a bust of a season for the seahawks but this was thier first super bowl in thier history can't be a bust.
                                as for jake plummer he finally wins a playoff game with denver against the defending super bowl champs and though he didn't play well against the steelers he proggressed from the last two seasons of getting their butts whipped by the colts in the wild card game and now you wanna get rid of him? if denver doesn't at least make the super bowl next year then it's a bust because the ground works have been set by this current team though the CBA and draft will be big influence on the whole NFL jake has to get that chance to prove he can help denver get there.
                                with your logic elway and young would have been released after multiple big game losses and they would have never won thier titles.
                                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X