Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomad Broncofan
    replied
    He seems to be improving each year. Now if he can get over the hump of not doing so well in big games. I think he has worked on his weakness every offseason, but if he takes a down hill slide then maybe the Broncos should start doing the homework on QB's out there. IMO, they should find a good back-up QB out there. I know BVP is the one but IMO he would make a better runner, whether it be punt returner, kickoff returner, or maybe even a receiver spot or even RB, than QB. I'll give Jake the benefit of the doubt that he'll return better than last year.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Lets see... Poll shows 138 -10. I would say the masses have spoken. Now is there any questions???
    We must squelch this rebelion from within. Kill the head and the body is dead, as Gerard Warren would say.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBroncos85
    Is Jake Plummer gonna be the next Bronco to be cut???

i think he should be!

i think Denver could do better without him

Lets see... Poll shows 138 -10. I would say the masses have spoken. Now is there any questions???

Leave a comment:

• AGENTORANGE 666
    replied

Fine then, lol

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by AGENTORANGE 666
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Heh heh heh heh...

yes

Leave a comment:

• AGENTORANGE 666
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    On second thought, you're right. My bad..........
    Are you being sarcastic?

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Ummmmm, nah, thats ok, I'll take Jake over Bledsoe anyday. And Jakes mobility is just fine, better then Bledsoes IMO
    On second thought, you're right. My bad..........

Leave a comment:

• AGENTORANGE 666
    replied
    Originally posted by WABronco
    Duhhh, we can just trade for Drew Bledsoe. His mobility would be a real boost to the offense IMO...
    Ummmmm, nah, thats ok, I'll take Jake over Bledsoe anyday. And Jakes mobility is just fine, better then Bledsoes IMO

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    If you think Denver could do better without him then all I can say is think again!
    Duhhh, we can just trade for Drew Bledsoe. His mobility would be a real boost to the offense IMO...

Leave a comment:

• AGENTORANGE 666
    replied

i think he should be!

If you think Denver could do better without him then all I can say is think again!

Leave a comment:

• keithbishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
    I applaud you for your impecable flatulance. I must inform you, that our running game was indeed very good, untill week 12, when Anderbell became as predictable as an episode of Walker Texas ranger. Bad guy punch, miss, Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face.

Our pass blovking is among the worst in the league, if you actually watch the game, it stands out like Mr. T at a gay pride rally.

Jake is not the best QB in the league, but he is the best for our offense. And to call Anderson and Bell our MVPs is just lacking of credible thought.

If it isnt Jake, then its Champ. If it isnt Champ, then its Al Davis. You must not get TV on the mountain. ******bag!
    Any valid points you make (I agree that Jake is the best QB for our offense) vanish upon reading the last word of your post. Follow along with me.......DEBATE=perfectly acceptable.......DISCUSSION=perfectly acceptable....... YOUR OPINION=welcome in this forum........NAMECALLING=completely unacceptable. It's great that you are a younger fan here...... it's great that you will defend your opinions.......just some take-it-or-leave-it advice: drop the namecalling.

Leave a comment:

• ORANGE&BLUETRUE
    replied
    Humble pie

You know I was anti-Jake for quite some time, and I still have my doubts about him, but after talking to my pops, after the AFCCG, I received a well deserved piece of humble pie!! He's been a Bronco fan for longer than I've been alive and he's the one who got me hooked.(My brothers name is Craig, after who anyone?) In short he basically said that if I was a true Bronco fan than I would support the team, Jake included because that's the way it was and will be until Shanny & CO. decide different. I was so pissed off at Jake that it blinded me to the obvious and what an awakening it was. And after reading all the arguments for and against the guy on the boards, I can honestly say that until a better option comes, while I don't particulary like it, I will try and find the good in what he has done instead of focusing on the bad. I'll still speak my opinions whether good or bad , but with a more non-prejudice intellegent voice. Maybe if Jake had more support from Broncos fans, he'd play a little better,lord knows how the national media is with our team to begin with!!! So take this for what it's worth, this is after all the Broncos MB where we as Broncos fans talk about the best franchise in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by hornell3
    Whether we support Jake or want him gone, we are beginning to sound just like
    Buffalo, Cleveland and Cincinatti fans. Willing to accept mediocrity. Who cares about a high passer rating when he has his worst game when it counted most.
    Look at Peyton's records, but in reality they do not mean anything without
    being a Champion. Buffalo's four Super Bowl appearances mean absolutely nothing, just means that they failed four consecutive times. Take Jeremy Stevens
    from Seattle, he catches a touchdown in the Super Bowl to simply drop every other
    pass that came his way. Is he a winner? Is Hasselback a winner? He leads his team to a 13-3 record and has his worst game in the biggest game of his career.
    Look at Pittsburgh, Tommy Maddox was the toast of the town. Gets hurt and
    Ben comes in and takes the job. What if Pittsburgh did what Denver is now doing
    and refuse to let someone else take over. Yes, Jake had a wonderful season, but when it counted most, he faltered. And yes, everyone can have a poor performance, but to do it in the biggest game of your life and after you have been
    told all week by the media that you would probably choke, how could he not
    respond positively? No, I am not saying that we do not have a great team, but we do need to improve or we will simply become a Seahawks, Browns, Bills or
    Vikings of old and simply play good regular season football and fail in the end.
    Facing reality does not make us haters or bad fans, just realists.

so let me get this straight are you saying that talented qb's who don't win the big game should be released so that another qb who has never been put in the situation before can try and win the so called big game?

if that's the case then elway should have been released after denver lost to the niners 55-10 in his third super bowl blow out or steve young should have been cut by the niners after losing to the cowboys three straight years in the nfc championship.
    it took for those teams to be complete football teams for these two qb's to win thier championships.
    the difference with jake and hasselback is that this was the first year they won a playoff game under thier thier current teams. if seattle was in the super bowl last year and lost and then went again this year and lost then yes it was a bust of a season for the seahawks but this was thier first super bowl in thier history can't be a bust.
    as for jake plummer he finally wins a playoff game with denver against the defending super bowl champs and though he didn't play well against the steelers he proggressed from the last two seasons of getting their butts whipped by the colts in the wild card game and now you wanna get rid of him? if denver doesn't at least make the super bowl next year then it's a bust because the ground works have been set by this current team though the CBA and draft will be big influence on the whole NFL jake has to get that chance to prove he can help denver get there.
    with your logic elway and young would have been released after multiple big game losses and they would have never won thier titles.

Leave a comment:

• MoFo_JoRo
    replied

i think he should be!

Yea lets just let VanPelt smart guys. That would be really smart.

Go find Ricky Williams and share with him.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    applauding u Mtn man

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    WOW. Your insight into this "profound" statement must have taken you hours to come up with.

MVP? Why, because you say so?

Actually, the rest of this paragraph shows your personal bias, and provides the motivation for your MVP statement.

So, if St. Jake were to be cut (which isn't going to happen - as much as I would like to hope otherwise), you would stop being a Bronco fan? You know what they call that?

Jumping off the bandwagon.

If your loyalty to the Denver Broncos hinges on St. Jake, then you are nothing more than a bandwagoner.

You won't be missed.

Why the hatred? I didn't start this thread. In fact, until this reply, I had only responded once to address a racist statment.

I didn't even comment on the cutting St. Jake.

Are you so insecure in your position, that your only recourse is to attack someone who had nothing to do with this?

Why don't you grow up, read the COC, go worship your boy, and save your hatred for mtnman for some time when he's actually involved in the discussion?
    never thought i say this but great response Bronco Mtn man. nuff respect.though our opinions differ on jake man i don't think i could have came back with such restraint. that's what being a veteren board member is all about.

Hey big play, hatin on mtn man is not going to change his mind and neither is making jake all world. i give jake his props but the offense was a collective positive not just one person. you knocking the rest of the offense just to prove jake was the MVP is not going to win you any fans either. we almost had two thousand yard runners and they were average?

Good teams like pittsburgh went out to stop our running game first and pass second not the other way around so if jake was the MVP and the and our runing backs were average they would stop him first and the running game second, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X