No announcement yet.

Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Eddie mac was scheduled to earn nearly 4.5million this year with base and signing bonuses combined, im not sure how much it counted against denvers cap but it wouldnt be below 2.5 million, also Ephraam Salaam and Bert Berry have left the broncos, Their salaries should add up to nearly 5 million. In all of this, the broncos also look poised to get rid of MIddle brooks and Delta Oneil, both 1st round draft picks, both making decent cash.... how are the broncos doing as far as the cap goes? are they still over? or are these losses freeing up room for denver to make some bets on this years market/ trade up in the draft to get higher paid, higher quality players [1 full round can mean a couple million on the base/bonus salaries]. anyone with a link PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I CAN FIND OUT THE BRONCOS CAP SITUATION THANKS.
    Last edited by willynowei2; 03-08-2004, 03:38 PM.
    Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by willynowei2
    PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I CAN FIND OUT THE BRONCOS CAP SITUATION THANKS.
    salary cap we are 8.4 mil under

Comment

Griese still counts like 7 mill. against our cap, i wonder if we brought him in as a backup if we could resolve some of that salary? That would help alot and he'd be a decent backup since he already knows the system.

But if it wouldn't do anything for the cap, the hell with him!

Comment

Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by EddyMac87
        salary cap we are 8.4 mil under
        wow, thats great, that is more than enough for the broncos to make a bid for marcelus wiley, could anyone imagine that D-line? oooo boy.... im pumped, salaam wont be missed as 1st round draft pick George Foster will be stepping into his role
        Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by willynowei2
          wow, thats great, that is more than enough for the broncos to make a bid for marcelus wiley, could anyone imagine that D-line? oooo boy.... im pumped, salaam wont be missed as 1st round draft pick George Foster will be stepping into his role
          ya but the first thing we need to do is resign gold

Comment

If Gold doesn't come back this year I'm gonna be upset. We already lost Bert. Berry. Gold is way too valuable to let go, and I am afraid theres a chance he might not be wearing the orange and blue next year...
            Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by PortisIsAStud26
              hes on the jets
              no hes not, where did you hear that? On this board?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                no hes not, where did you hear that? On this board?
                yeah i read something like that on our board posted by bronx_27 he was just trying to be funny..... nothings happened yet and the way the jets let winfield go, they couldnt sign a check...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

yea....7 year deal
                  read that thread again... bronx_2003 was just joking. He just wanted to see what people said about it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

yea....7 year deal
                    Since when?
                    Ed McCaffery endured a bone-shattering hit that effectively ended his career...and he held on to the ball.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

Originally posted by quarterback1426
                      Since when?
                      never.. its not true

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj

no talk about a sign there, nore the newyork jets website

http://www.newyorkjets.com

Bronx was just trying to be funny....

Its likely the broncos will work out some kind of contract with gold and make a run for wiley - a player who would love to prove the chargers wrong for releasing him, hes only 28, expect 3 more good seasons out that workhorse

Comment

Gold is currently on the Broncos roster, so I don't know what you are talking about, the Jets? Not yet at least...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are the broncos rich? or in less debt?

o....but i dont think we're goin 2 sign him...we can get 4 players with the money hes askin
                            Yea.. but no one else will either after a serious knee injury. He's probably not going to get an offer as good as ours so i think he might end up here

Comment

We can afford to sign Gold. We somehow freed up a lot of cap room, a LOT. I'm not saying we will sign him, but we can pay what he is asking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X