Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense

I think this will be our most sound D in years. Missing the "playmakers" makes me happy more conserative playing. Though i loved watching Gold. I think the addition of Champ makes him less important as long as we get another established DE or even a DT. Thats just me.
    No matter what, I win.

champ and gold were supposed to feed off each other. gold makes plays and champ gets avoided, i dont see sykes or any other OLB making those plays gold can make, thats why we need to sign him.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i dont think we need the huge plays. When ever we have gone for huge plays in the past we always get burnt. Hold them off to little to nothing without taking chances and i think we will win more games. I think our biggets problem last year in the wild card game was we tried to take a lot of chances at manning and didnt have the personel and got burnt. play safe just shut down and the 3 and outs come. no need for an int.
      No matter what, I win.

Comment

Gold is good, but we didn't lose too much in production when Gold & Mobley went down. We had more problems at CB than LB. I like Gold but there is only so many dollars you can spend. Maybe Mike is waiting until after the draft to spend it.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I agree with you all the way. Youth seems the way to go at this point.
          No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by DistilledFun
            I think our biggets problem last year in the wild card game was we tried to take a lot of chances at manning and didnt have the personel and got burnt. play safe just shut down and the 3 and outs come. no need for an int.
            thats just the thing champ and ian ARE the personnel we needed. we are very good at the 3 and outs and stuff. we had a great 3rd down % i think it was 26%, but imagine if we did that WITH turnovers, we would be that much better. Champ on one side, QB's are gonna try to avoid him, now on the other side, Gold is that playmaker anyway, he had what 2 INT's in 5 games? thats good considering the leading int man had only 3 in 16 games. anyway, gold would get MORE chances to make plays cause the QB will probably throw away from champ, its the perfect compliment. if we were just going for just the solid 3 and out, then we wouldnt need gold, spragan and sykes are good for that, but if we want to take the extra step and be a spectacular defense, gold is the type of player we need.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Yeah i agree most of our FA moves will come after the draft! There is still alot of fine players still out there.

Comment

Yeah i agree gold would of been very nice. If he were cost friendly and if we knew he would be the same coming off that injury. ACL's are not nice look at TD he wanted to come back every year but he just couldnt do it.
                No matter what, I win.

Comment

Yeah i agree gold would of been very nice. If he were cost friendly and if we knew he would be the same coming off that injury. ACL's are not nice look at TD he wanted to come back every year but he just couldnt do it.
                  yeah i see what you are saying, i guess we will have to stick in sykes, he is very solid as an LB, just not a big play int guy or sack guy. i guess we will be better off saving that money for when we really need it.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

We have a relativly young team. I dont think we are looking for a superbowl team yet. Yet I see this as a working season. Maybe next season too. IMO Rod will either be gone or in his last year before we win another superbowl. Due to money right now. We are putting together a team to do it for years though. Not on superbowl and then dismantle.
                    No matter what, I win.

Comment

sign gold plzzz shanny yes syckes n spragan filled in good but there not the playmaker that gold is....btw have we offered a tender on spragan yet? hes a RFA...

Comment

Gold is nice but not needed. We need the cap room.
                        No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                          yeah i see what you are saying, i guess we will have to stick in sykes, he is very solid as an LB, just not a big play int guy or sack guy. i guess we will be better off saving that money for when we really need it.
                          Lava, you're beginning to sound like those Q haters!! Sykes just played his FIRST YEAR! Don't you think he can improve?
                          He may not have gold's speed, but a playmaker doesn't necessarily need speed, but rather, be in the right place at the right time. Sometimes speed kills >>>>the speedy player. He can get caught out in space and miss the play completely.
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            Lava, you're beginning to sound like those Q haters!! Sykes just played his FIRST YEAR! Don't you think he can improve?
                            He may not have gold's speed, but a playmaker doesn't necessarily need speed, but rather, be in the right place at the right time. Sometimes speed kills >>>>the speedy player. He can get caught out in space and miss the play completely.
                            Gold may be faster, but Sykes is not slow by any means. Sykes plays with high energy, he can be a playmaker, especially if the rest of the D around him is making plays as well.

Comment

Gold is nice but not needed. We need the cap room.
                              If Gold wants to sign for a reasonable amount we have to sign him. He is developing into a star.

Comment

Working...
                              X