Dayne is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayne is Overrated

Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Originally posted by Denverfan71
    Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne
    If Dayne was overrated, we probably wouldn't have got rid of MA. We're keeping him for a reason.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

I did not like the idea that Mike was released, but I don't think it is fair to say that Dayne is overrated. Dayne did not have many chances to show his stuff, so let's see what he can do.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

And add to that when Dayne did have a chance to show his stuff ...he did very well.

First it was best team not to make the Play Offs. Then it was best team not to win a play off game. This year its best team to go 8-8.

Comment

He may be over rated on this message board, but he certainly isnt over rated in the general media of the NFL. Many people dont think he is anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
            If Dayne was overrated, we probably wouldn't have got rid of MA. We're keeping him for a reason.

uhhhh the reason we are keepin Dayne is cause he dosent cost us $2.57 mil towards the cap

Comment

You know he is basing this off posters on this site

Comment

I suppose it will eventually be evident to all......it is the SYSTEM, not the RUNNING BACK......Dayne will do fine if he wins the job in 2006. Over-rated?? Cut by the Giants.....left for dead......he didn't exactly have tons of suitors lining up for him last year. Dayne+Bell+ a draft pick will mean business as usual for one of the NFL's best rushing attacks.
                My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

RD will be the next rushing leader for DEN unless they make a deal for some other back like alexander, which is NOT gonna happen.

tater was a waste of a pick, nothing but a change of pace guy. A taller Q, at least Q was a 4th round choice.

Comment

What are you talking about. Pretty much every time Dayne went out on the field he picked up some good yards. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry which is more then anderson's 4.2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, considering he only had a few carries here and there towards the second half of the year, I'd say he did quite well.

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

I think that Dayne is a good running back who could become great in our system. Bell is not just a taller Quentin Griffin. Griffin didn't rush for 921yards while only starting 1 game and missing a game also. You will see this year, if TSpeed as he calls himself bulks up just a little he will be our feature back....a Clinton Portis prototype. He's only going into his 3rd year. Give the guy a break. Dayne is not overrated either. He was our best rusher in Pre-season, he sealed the game for us against the Chargers, and he won the game against the cowboys.......those were the only chances he got this year. I personally will be happy with either Dayne or Bell starting....I'd even be happy with MA starting if we were to bring him back although it's doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianmobstr7
                          I think that Dayne is a good running back who could become great in our system. Bell is not just a taller Quentin Griffin. Griffin didn't rush for 921yards while only starting 1 game and missing a game also. You will see this year, if TSpeed as he calls himself bulks up just a little he will be our feature back....a Clinton Portis prototype. He's only going into his 3rd year. Give the guy a break. Dayne is not overrated either. He was our best rusher in Pre-season, he sealed the game for us against the Chargers, and he won the game against the cowboys.......those were the only chances he got this year. I personally will be happy with either Dayne or Bell starting....I'd even be happy with MA starting if we were to bring him back although it's doubtful.
                          Agreed, Bell is vastly superior to Griffin. Bell could still develop quite nicely within the next 2 years....he is still a young RB......
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                            Exactly he did show some moments but I need to see him more.

Comment

Alot of you are saying dayne will finally be able to "show his stuff" this year. He is in a class of "busts" with curtis enis and kijana carter. By the way he had plenty of carries with the NY giants. All of you are sayin, well hell get us the 2-3 yards where tatum cant...look at daynes career avgs (2000-3.4, 2001-3.8, 2002-3.4, 2003-DNP INJURED, 2004-3.4), wow i guess the reason he can get us those 3-4 yard runs is BECAUSE THATS ALL HE CAN DO...we all know denver needs a back that can break the big one, TD did a hell of a job with that, portis and now tatum bell...enough with these absurd dayne posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X