Dayne is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbell26
    Alot of you are saying dayne will finally be able to "show his stuff" this year. He is in a class of "busts" with curtis enis and kijana carter. By the way he had plenty of carries with the NY giants. All of you are sayin, well hell get us the 2-3 yards where tatum cant...look at daynes career avgs (2000-3.4, 2001-3.8, 2002-3.4, 2003-DNP INJURED, 2004-3.4), wow i guess the reason he can get us those 3-4 yard runs is BECAUSE THATS ALL HE CAN DO...we all know denver needs a back that can break the big one, TD did a hell of a job with that, portis and now tatum bell...enough with these absurd dayne posts.
    I don't think anyone is calling for Bell to be buried at the end of the bench. There would be nothing wrong with seeing Dayne get 20 or so carries a game..... and Bell getting 15 or so carries a game. Dayne was obviously a poor fit for the Giants. He played in a zone blocking scheme with Wisconsin.....similar to.....GASP!!!!....the Broncos system. Comparing Dayne to Enis and Carter . Yeah, great come backs by both after their initial failures. Tatum Bell may 1 day prove to be the Broncos featured back......but I wouldn't expect that to happen in 2006. Bell is the homerun threat every team needs. In a ball-control offense, however, I look for Dayne to get more carries than Bell. It won't exactly hurt Bell's game to have a big back like Dayne wear down defenses for him.....................
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Those who don't like Dayne are in for a rough season..................

Comment

Nothing to do with Dayne

Okay this has nothing to do with RD but how do put quotes in your reply

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

dayne hasnt had a great comeback after his initial failure either...wow 270 yards with 55 of them being on 1 carry, i dont call that a great comeback.

Comment

dayne hasnt had a great comeback after his initial failure either...wow 270 yards with 55 of them being on 1 carry, i dont call that a great comeback.
            .......and the #3 TB is expected to get how many carries?? Shanahan likes Dayne, you don't have to. Out of curiosity, are you hoping that Dayne is let go?? Who do you think the Broncos 3 TB's should be in 2006?? Just interested in your opinion.......a little respect for each other wouldn't kill us......and, for the record, I LIKE TATUM BELL!!!

Comment

Alot of you are saying dayne will finally be able to "show his stuff" this year. He is in a class of "busts" with curtis enis and kijana carter. By the way he had plenty of carries with the NY giants. All of you are sayin, well hell get us the 2-3 yards where tatum cant...look at daynes career avgs (2000-3.4, 2001-3.8, 2002-3.4, 2003-DNP INJURED, 2004-3.4), wow i guess the reason he can get us those 3-4 yard runs is BECAUSE THATS ALL HE CAN DO...we all know denver needs a back that can break the big one, TD did a hell of a job with that, portis and now tatum bell...enough with these absurd dayne posts.
              Totally a different system here. If he is the starter, wait to see what he can do for the Broncos, instead of bashing him now, based on previous years with a different team.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                Totally a different system here. If he is the starter, wait to see what he can do for the Broncos, instead of bashing him now, based on previous years with a different team.
                . Dayne is ideal for our system....and likely won't need a cap-breaking salary. Tatum Bell is an ideal backup.....and should get the ball more often.....I would love to see him used more often in the passing game. Dayne and Bell will peacefully co-exist....it will be a great season, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by portis26hb
                  uhhhh the reason we are keepin Dayne is cause he dosent cost us $2.57 mil towards the cap
                  I'm saying that if Shanny and Co. were seriously doubting Dayne they probably wouldn't have let mike go, there are other positions that could've gone in his place. We all know that currently tater isn't going to be getting the 30 carries we need, he's just not that kind of RB.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Players that come to Denver start over with a clean slate, we dont do things like the other 31 teams and so its pointless to try and relate his time in NY to what he will be able to do in our running scheme.

Bell has blazing speed, I've seen him flat outrun DB's, make cuts that make defenders look like morons choking on his dust and he also has shown a patience to let things develop when running...He can attack the perimeter well, but has yet to prove himself as an everydown back that can carry the load and run between the tackles.

Dayne didnt get much of a chance this year either, but from what little we did see, most everyone likes.

Bell & Dayne will both get an equal chance to prove themselves this offseason, along with whoever we pick up for depth at RB - no need to worry, the best option will be in our backfield come week 1.

(( IMO Bell cant handle the load though, and he is best used as a change of pace back...yes he can break a huge run everytime he touches the ball, which makes him a great changeup to a more power runner and probably gives him a better chance for success when he does get in. ))

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                      Agreed, Bell is vastly superior to Griffin. Bell could still develop quite nicely within the next 2 years....he is still a young RB......
                      If he has the talent that everyone say is does why would you waste the time to find out. He either has is or he does not have the DESIRE to produce. That means the dedication to be prepared to do the job.

So far he has rested on his laurels and let lesser qualified/talented RB's take the job away from him. For TWO YEARS.

Ever heard the term underachiever taht is what we have in both tater and ashley.

Lots of potential no desire to get the job done. I'll take overachievers like ROD and TD any day.

BTW had Q been given the same oportunity as tater had last year I suspect he would have had as many if not more yards than tater did. Providing he was healed up from the ACL.
                      Last edited by JRWIZ; 03-03-2006, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I DONT HATE DAYNE, i hate the idea of dayne being the primary back...give it to dayne on 3rd down and goal line plays, sort of like a tj duckett type. Like I said, i dont mind dayne, tatum just turned 25 yesterday(happy bday tatum) and has fresh legs whereas dayne will be 29...tatum has so much potential as a primary back, he will rush for 1500 yards next year, no doubt. Give it to dayne on the 3rd and 2's, and give him goal line opportunites...the three will be bell, dayne and 4th round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          If he has the talent that everyone say is does why would you waste the time to find out. He either has is or he does not have the DESIRE to produce. That means the dedication to be prepared to do the job.

So far he has rested on his laurels and let lesser qualified/talented RB's take the job away from him. For TWO YEARS.

Ever heard the term underachiever taht is what we have in both tater and ashley.

Lots of potential no desire to get the job done. I'll take overachievers like ROD and TD any day.
                          I would never try to compare Tatum Bell to TD or Rod...... Tatum Bell may never be the #1 TB.....perhaps he DOES need a kick in the a$$......but I'm not ready to give up on him. He was a vital part of one of the NFL's top rushing attacks last year.....and will do the same this year, IMO.....not exactly a "bust". I am far more concerned about Darius Watts showing SOMETHING.......ANYTHING......than I am about Tatum Bell. I don't expect every Broncos 2nd round DP to turn into the next Clinton Portis...... but Tatum Bell sure beats a good # of our high DP's......................

Comment

I agree with everything except he is in a class of "bust". Dayne is good not great or at least hasn't shown anything great except the big run at Dallas. He had a chance, I think its time for Bell to get HIS chance.
                            Last edited by Denverfan71; 03-03-2006, 05:57 PM.

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

I DONT HATE DAYNE, i hate the idea of dayne being the primary back...give it to dayne on 3rd down and goal line plays, sort of like a tj duckett type. Like I said, i dont mind dayne, tatum just turned 25 yesterday(happy bday tatum) and has fresh legs whereas dayne will be 29...tatum has so much potential as a primary back, he will rush for 1500 yards next year, no doubt. Give it to dayne on the 3rd and 2's, and give him goal line opportunites...the three will be bell, dayne and 4th round draft pick.
                              Much better!!!! I wouldn't exactly hand the job to Dayne just yet, either......I think he will win the job, but would I be shocked if Bell was named starter?? No. Let them fight it out....making both of them better backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Denverfan71
                                Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne
                                This almost seems an oxymoron to me... a 3rd stringer, who gets a handful of carries in a season, somehow that = overrated???

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                                X