Dayne is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    This almost seems an oxymoron to me... a 3rd stringer, who gets a handful of carries in a season, somehow that = overrated???
    LOL. Probably "overpaid" (at the minimum last year), too .
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by Denverfan71
      Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne
      Bell is a Fast.........bodybuilder.........looks like he just put on a football uniform a week ago. Dayne has VERY good vision and VERY good feet. I know Dayne is fat....but he still has enough speed to get big gains(Dallas game), i think vision is the most important thing in our running game 1) because you GOTTA see that cutback lane, which mike and bell didnt do well at all and 2) it is very important....lol

I mean anyone can fall forward for 3 yards in any offense, that was the majority of Mikes yards, Dayne gained most of his yards in PRESSURE situations which is huge for a guy who was a first year running back in our system with barely any carries leading up to these pressure moments.

Dayne is NOT overrated, infact he is UNDERRATED. Just because the giants didnt know how to use him, and they already have a stud in Tiki doesn't mean Dayne is a bust. It just means that Dayne needed a change of scenery.....and the Broncos zone scheme is what will make him look like he did in his heisman year in college.........MARK MY WORDS

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
        Agreed, Bell is vastly superior to Griffin. Bell could still develop quite nicely within the next 2 years....he is still a young RB......

I totally disagree with this statement. Those of you who say that Bell is still developing are giving him way to much credit and are holding on to a pipe dream. Although I do like the attitude and approach that T. Bell has taken, he has had plenty of time and chances to prove himself in the NFL.

It does not take RBs much time to make an impact if they are going to do so.

Take for example Ronnie Brown, C. Williams, M. Barber, ???? RB for St. Louis and many many more young backs.

We all have heard it said that RB is the easiest transition to make from College to the Pro level.

I personally think that if Tatum was going to be a quality back he would have established himself by now. That said, he is not a bad back to have on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by klgalyean
          I totally disagree with this statement. Those of you who say that Bell is still developing are giving him way to much credit and are holding on to a pipe dream. Although I do like the attitude and approach that T. Bell has taken, he has had plenty of time and chances to prove himself in the NFL.

It does not take RBs much time to make an impact if they are going to do so.

Take for example Ronnie Brown, C. Williams, M. Barber, ???? RB for St. Louis and many many more young backs.

We all have heard it said that RB is the easiest transition to make from College to the Pro level.

I personally think that if Tatum was going to be a quality back he would have established himself by now. That said, he is not a bad back to have on the roster.
          Very nice post, I totally agree. I love tatum on our team, and I don't want to let him go. However I can't forsee him ever being our #1 guy, or taking a majority of the carries. I'm not saying he CAN'T develop into a workhorse, but I think he's been given enough opportunities, and with Shanny not giving him the starting role, I just don't see it happening. He is a situational edge-attacking RB, and I have no problem with that.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

apparently no one read this

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Denverfan71
            Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne

Bell is a Fast.........bodybuilder.........looks like he just put on a football uniform a week ago. Dayne has VERY good vision and VERY good feet. I know Dayne is fat....but he still has enough speed to get big gains(Dallas game), i think vision is the most important thing in our running game 1) because you GOTTA see that cutback lane, which mike and bell didnt do well at all and 2) it is very important....lol

I mean anyone can fall forward for 3 yards in any offense, that was the majority of Mikes yards, Dayne gained most of his yards in PRESSURE situations which is huge for a guy who was a first year running back in our system with barely any carries leading up to these pressure moments.

Dayne is NOT overrated, infact he is UNDERRATED. Just because the giants didnt know how to use him, and they already have a stud in Tiki doesn't mean Dayne is a bust. It just means that Dayne needed a change of scenery.....and the Broncos zone scheme is what will make him look like he did in his heisman year in college.........MARK MY WORDS

Comment

Originally posted by mrbell26
              dayne hasnt had a great comeback after his initial failure either...wow 270 yards with 55 of them being on 1 carry, i dont call that a great comeback.
              so, he didnt have many yards because he didnt get the ball alot. He still averaged 5.2 yards per carry which is very good.
              sigpic

Comment

I dont know if i would say he is overrated but i do think people are putting a lot of hope and faith in a guy that hasent proved he can carry a running game for a team for a full season as an every down back in the NFL, we all know when he got carries in New york he didnt look like the player he was in college but he looked alot better running in the broncos system the very few times he got the ball this past season, i think the jury is still out on him but the guy does have talent , he isnt some bum that rolled in off the street, this guy was a beast in college.
                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                  Very nice post, I totally agree. I love tatum on our team, and I don't want to let him go. However I can't forsee him ever being our #1 guy, or taking a majority of the carries. I'm not saying he CAN'T develop into a workhorse, but I think he's been given enough opportunities, and with Shanny not giving him the starting role, I just don't see it happening. He is a situational edge-attacking RB, and I have no problem with that.
                  This past year was Bell's shot at being #1. He gradually lost that spot to MA as training camp & pre-season went on. He's a good RB to have for the big plays that streatch the defense and big run plays. However, he isn't built for the 20+ carries a game. He's not very effective going up the middle on a game-to-game basis. Like I've said, if he can bulk up some... he may improve to a point where he could become a #1 RB. But, I'm not sure that's possible for him. He even said after the season was over he dropped pounds as the season went along. His body just isn't built for a bruising running game.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                    What are you talking about. Pretty much every time Dayne went out on the field he picked up some good yards. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry which is more then anderson's 4.2.
                    Okay, but he didn't have has many oppurtinities to carry the ball thats why the average is higher If he had has much playing time his average would probably be a lot lower than Mike Anderson's

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

Okay, but he didn't have has many oppurtinities to carry the ball thats why the average is higher If he had has much playing time his average would probably be a lot lower than Mike Anderson's
                      ?? ??

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84

How is he underrated, he had one good run and everyone thinks he is going to get us to the superbowl. Also College and the NFL are way different. People who are amazing in college sometimes suck in the NFL. Now im not saying RD sucks im just saying he is getting too much credit and publicity for one huge run against the cowboys

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                          ?? ??

-----
                          What are you confused about its simple math

Comment

How is he underrated, he had one good run and everyone thinks he is going to get us to the superbowl. Also College and the NFL are way different. People who are amazing in college sometimes suck in the NFL. Now im not saying RD sucks im just saying he is getting too much credit and publicity for one huge run against the cowboys
                            Its not just one huge run, there are TWO games that he was a huge part of. The first game was in week 2 when he carried 8 times in the 4th quarter for 44 yards...thats an average of 5.5 ypc....then against dallas....when MA and Bell were doing NOTHING.....he had 7 carries for 98 yards 14 YPC........

He is the closest thing to TD...

Comment

Dayne will win the rushing title next year...by 500 yards.

Comment

LOL...He is the closest thing to TD...

I hope you are joking here...the closest thing to TD??? Only 40 pounds heavier, alot less speed and davis had better vision than dayne even when he had his migraines...cmon, why is dayne such a hot topic around here...lets start giving bell some credit...o yea and all you people putting down bell for his 10-15 carries a game, what do you think reggie bush is gonna get, so you must all think bush cant be a primary back either huh

Comment

Working...
                                X