Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbell26
    LOL...He is the closest thing to TD...

I hope you are joking here...the closest thing to TD??? Only 40 pounds heavier, alot less speed and davis had better vision than dayne even when he had his migraines...cmon, why is dayne such a hot topic around here...lets start giving bell some credit...o yea and all you people putting down bell for his 10-15 carries a game, what do you think reggie bush is gonna get, so you must all think bush cant be a primary back either huh
    What?

Dayne's a hot topic because he's the perfect fit for this offense. Did you watch any games last year? Every time, it's one cut through the line and then into the secondary. He's a hard worker and a stand up guy as well (part of the reason Shanny brought him back was his team-attitude this year). He's perfect...

Give Bell some credit, for what? Being fast? He's a very good change of pace guy IMO, but he hasn't shown the ability to consistently run up the middle. I don't think Bell's finished or anything like that, he just needs to toughen up. In his first year, IMO he always seemed to fall forward and he looked like CP in how he almost always slashed upfield through the cracks and got 4 or 5 yards a pop. Maybe it's a problem with his vision or decision making.

The closest thing Bell's had to a good start was against Miami in '04 (when Shanny benched Droughns for fumbling) IMO. 17 carries for 123 and 2 td's...impressive stuff. He started against SD this year too, and he wasn't terribly impressive despite 3 td's. He also gets nicked up a lot too, if you haven't noticed.

Lol, who knows what Reggie Bush will get in the NFL. He'll most likely be sharing the carries with Domanick Davis (or with any top 5 team he goes to), so I wouldn't expect too many carries for him either. Although, a guy like him adds new possibilities to an offense. In other words, he's not just going to carry the ball. He'll catch some screens, run some reverses, return some kicks, etc.

Comment

yea actually i watched every minute of the denver season, so dont question that...as far as you saying bell has nothing but speed, you couldnt be more wrong..I guess on all of his long runs there was a hole the size of truck for him to just to waltz through huh Bell does have good vision and he has the ability to make the DB miss, like a certain barry sanders...so do you want dayne to "truck" someone for 2-3 more yards, or have bell make them miss and take it to the house for 6...dayne is a great fit for a 3rd and inches back in our system, not a primary option.

Comment

yea actually i watched every minute of the denver season, so dont question that...as far as you saying bell has nothing but speed, you couldnt be more wrong..I guess on all of his long runs there was a hole the size of truck for him to just to waltz through huh Bell does have good vision and he has the ability to make the DB miss, like a certain barry sanders...so do you want dayne to "truck" someone for 2-3 more yards, or have bell make them miss and take it to the house for 6...dayne is a great fit for a 3rd and inches back in our system, not a primary option.
        Lol...

Bell's long runs against Washington were impressive. The second one especially, cuz he had to string it out before he cut. He had some nice outside runs against Philly too. Most of those came on counters or tosses though...all outside the tackles.

Now that I think about it, Bell did bust a few big runs up the middle against Miami and New England. I just don't think he can churn out 4 or 5 yard carries consistently, outside or inside (and don't come back with his ypc numbers from this year...I think it's somewhat irrelevant because of his handful of big outside runs).

Yes, I'd rather have Dayne's physical, consistent running. Tatum is a great change of pace guy...

Did you just compare Bell to Barry Sanders?

Comment

LOL, i knew you were gonna say that I compared the two...listen I know bell is no barry sanders, I said he has the ability to juke like that of barry...hell, why dont we just setup a dual RB system(sorry kyle)...dayne seems like he can progress into a decent blocker, hell hes got a big enough body...this would be very unpredictable for other teams having bell and dayne in the backfield at the same time

Comment

Opinions?

Who knows what Dayne and Bell will gain next year? What we do know is that both will be on the team in camp and preseason. I don't label Dayne as over- or underrated, because he hasn't been used enough to really tell. The coaches seem pleased with his abilities and attitude. Give him another preseason and have him make a few starts, then we can make an informed opinion of him. I believe that the Broncos will use one of their 1st day picks on another RB and that there will be good competition once again to determine who is #1. With the O-Line returning intact, or improved, we will see plenty of runs to help us establish our opinions.

Comment

LOL, i knew you were gonna say that I compared the two...listen I know bell is no barry sanders, I said he has the ability to juke like that of barry...hell, why dont we just setup a dual RB system(sorry kyle)...dayne seems like he can progress into a decent blocker, hell hes got a big enough body...this would be very unpredictable for other teams having bell and dayne in the backfield at the same time
              Interesting, but it's a little too "Madden" for my taste. Kyle's in there for a reason (and has stayed on the team), and there's no reason to change Dayne's position.

Of course, with all this said, Cedric Cobbs could come up and steal the job for all we know. Tatum and Ron will be workin' hard this offseason, so we'll see who wins the job...

Did you just compare Bell to Barry Sanders?

Comment

listen.

I hope you are joking here...the closest thing to TD??? Only 40 pounds heavier, alot less speed and davis had better vision than dayne even when he had his migraines...cmon, why is dayne such a hot topic around here...lets start giving bell some credit...o yea and all you people putting down bell for his 10-15 carries a game, what do you think reggie bush is gonna get, so you must all think bush cant be a primary back either huh
                he's right, he is the closest thing to TD. Dayne is 238lbs, but he's listed at 245. I know college and the nfl are different. But the broncos run the same scheme as he did in wisconsin. Dayne ran for 7000t yrds, in a 4yr span. Dayne is 27, and will be 28 this month. He may not be better or as great as TD was, but he will put up TD like numbers in this offense.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I give bell credit for being as dumb as a rock.....he gets the brown thing and runs straight.....hole or no whole.....he is a baby because he is afraid to make that crucial cutback that dayne made in the dallas game......

plus you never ever ever see a guy fumble out of the back of the endzone when he is about to score.....or fall down when he easily has a touchdown...that is pop-warner stuff.....

Tatum Bell is far from getting the credit he "deserves"

Comment

Ron Dayne helped us win 2 to 3 games this year in backup backup role behind bell and anderson enough said. The guy deserves a chance.

Comment

Tatum bell helped us win 3 to 4 games this year in backup role behind anderson enough said. The guy deserves a chance.

Comment

Ooooo, he one upped your ass Bailey24. Might want to get crackin' on a response for the ages...put this sucka in his place......................

Actually, MA helped us win 4 to 5 games last year, give 'em a shot.

Comment

As you can tell from my sig, I like Dayne. I dont think he is over rated at all. He hasnt played much, but when he has, he's done well. I think we will see a break out year this year from him

Comment

Alot of you are saying dayne will finally be able to "show his stuff" this year. He is in a class of "busts" with curtis enis and kijana carter. By the way he had plenty of carries with the NY giants. All of you are sayin, well hell get us the 2-3 yards where tatum cant...look at daynes career avgs (2000-3.4, 2001-3.8, 2002-3.4, 2003-DNP INJURED, 2004-3.4), wow i guess the reason he can get us those 3-4 yard runs is BECAUSE THATS ALL HE CAN DO...we all know denver needs a back that can break the big one, TD did a hell of a job with that, portis and now tatum bell...enough with these absurd dayne posts.
                            Now now, tater.....just relax.

Mike will still let you have your 10-15 carries a game.......

...as long as you quit hurting yourself in practice.
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

dayne hasnt had a great comeback after his initial failure either...wow 270 yards with 55 of them being on 1 carry, i dont call that a great comeback.
                              Guess we better SUBTRACT all the big runs from tater's stats then.....

....oops! There goes his 5+pc. I just added up 400+ yards he gained by big runs.
                              Take them away, and he barely averaged 3 yards a carry.

For a person to brag about tater's 'home-run' ability, I find it humorous to see you type negatively about another RB's 55yd run.......

....who, by the way....didn't fumble over his own feet and lose the ball.
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                                ?? ??

-----
                                You don't agree, top?

Isn't that the same 'angle' that's being used against Jake?
                                Last edited by rcsodak; 03-04-2006, 11:23 PM.
                                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X