Dayne is Overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbell26
    what do you think reggie bush is gonna get, so you must all think bush cant be a primary back either huh
    I think Bush can at the very least, catch a pass.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Did he actually compare tater to Barry Sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by Denverfan71
        Look Ron Dayne had one good break on thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but what else has he done? Im sad the Mike was waived but now Bell doesn't have to live in his shadow and I think he will be the big playmaker and not Dayne
        How can Dayne be overrated? Nobody wanted him but us. Even though he had a couple of good games for us I don't much interest in him outside of Denver.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          How can Dayne be overrated? Nobody wanted him but us. Even though he had a couple of good games for us I don't much interest in him outside of Denver.
          What i mean by overrated is everyone loves him now that MA is gone and is putting way too much faith in a guy that got one good run

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

What i mean by overrated is everyone loves him now that MA is gone and is putting way too much faith in a guy that got one good run
            He had more than one good run. I do agree with you though. Dayne I think is a good guy to have in the rotation, I just dont see him as "the Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
              He had more than one good run. I do agree with you though. Dayne I think is a good guy to have in the rotation, I just dont see him as "the Guy"
              Edit:
              I think he will get a chance win the position.
              Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-05-2006, 02:47 PM.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I think he get a chance win the position.
                Ya, during pre-season i want to see you guys play Dayne more, to see how bad he wants a starting job.....

If he really wants to start, i think he can
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Okay, but he didn't have has many oppurtinities to carry the ball thats why the average is higher If he had has much playing time his average would probably be a lot lower than Mike Anderson's
                  What are you talking about. average means yards PER CARRY. THat means that the amount of runs doesnt matter. You dont seem to know simple math yourself.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you would look into past threads about Dayne you would see that fans like not love Dayne's chances to become the # 1 RB, for reasons not relating to MA at alll. When he played for the Giants, he really did'nt get a chance to showcase his talents, 1, because they used him the wrong way, and 2 they had Barber. I think our running system is a good fit for Dayne there for I think he's got a chance to be the #1 RB for us. I'm going off of Dayne's whole history as a football player, not just because MA is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                      What are you talking about. average means yards PER CARRY. THat means that the amount of runs doesnt matter. You dont seem to know simple math yourself.
                      I gonna have to agree with the other guy in that his YPC is somewhat misleading. His YPC would take a drastic hit if he carried the ball 20-25 times a game IMO. His high YPC is a result of his 10 or so long runs/his few carries.

The other 4 backs who averaged 5+ yards per carry all had roughly twice as many carries as Bell (Barber-357, Johnson-336, Alexander-370, Dunn-280, Bell-173).

Take week vs. Philly as an example:

14 carries--107 yards--long of 67 yards--7.6 YPC

Take away his long run, and he averages a measly 3 yards a carry.

Tatum hasn't carried the ball 20 times once in his career, and so far all he has shown he can be is a 15 carry, change of pace guy.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        Ya, during pre-season i want to see you guys play Dayne more, to see how bad he wants a starting job.....

If he really wants to start, i think he can
                        I agree, I think he's hungry to play and now he has a shot to start which he hasn't had for a couple of years. Only time willl tell.

Comment

Carrys plays the second biggest part in YPC

If i have 5 carries for 25 yards thats a 5 yard average per carry, pretty good right?

But say you have 25 carries for 100 yards, thats 4 YPC right? who did better in the game?

I think Dayne will be a good RB in your system and needs to earn his chance during pre-season...

If he doesnt get the chance then Shanny messed up......
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                            Carrys plays the second biggest part in YPC

If i have 5 carries for 25 yards thats a 5 yard average per carry, pretty good right?

But say you have 25 carries for 100 yards, thats 4 YPC right? who did better in the game?
                            Good point!

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

Dude do you even think about what your saying ? the amount of runs is the SAME as the amount of carries You carry the ball everytime you run, right?

sig created by snk16, thanks man

R.I.P Darrent Williams AND Damien Nash

Comment

My $.02

Tater is soft.

Fast? Yes.

Durable? No.

Until he can prove that he can take sustained hits up the middle and still produce, not only late in the game, but late in the season, he will never be the back for us.

Bring on the Dayne Train!

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                                X