X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicious2500
    replied
    Originally posted by HidEmu
    jeb is not the answer at TE we need to get a great catching TE like the chargers, cheifs, steelers, cowboys.
    The problem with Putzier was not his pass catching ability and for the record he was a great pass catching TE. Putzier was Jakes 2nd read and he hit him the majority of the time he wasn't leading Rod into suicide. Putzier was cut for not taking a paycut, because of his INABILITY TO BLOCK.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    [QUOTE=East Coast Fan]
    Originally posted by DieHard
    YAY!!!!!!!!! Mike Anderson is gone! The guy takes an hour to pick a hole, has zero juke and no speed! And it looks like the Master Mind agrees with me! BELL WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF DEFENSES!

One of the reasons that Bell SCARED defenses last season was BECAUSE of Mike Anderson pounding away at them, wearing them down so that when Bell came in he was a change of pace back that was going against a semi-fatigued defense. Perhaps you saw the few times that Bell was given the starting job in games last season-he did virtually nothing-especially the season finale vs. San Diego, when he was trying to hit 1,000 yards, they shut him down to only 30-some yards. Bell is talented, and can break off a 60-yard run at any time-but he needs to be worked in tandem with a "hammer" back like Anderson OR Dayne-otherwise he wears down too quickly-why do you think Shanahan limits him to 15 carries or less a game? I'm not even going to waste the time to reply to your HAPPINESS of Anderson being cut-it's a shame that someone can't recognize a hard-working, positive person-not just player-but person that he is.
    The thing about Bell is he was indecisive and he danced in the backfield a bit to much. Very similar to Q. Griffin the difference between Griffin and Bell is that bell has more top end speed and is harder to tackle. He can break arm tackles and can also run to the inside. Bell is better at running to the outside than he is running to the inside. He has more power than people give him credit, but at heart hes a speedback. Bell needs more time to learn how to use his speed to his advantage and learn when to lower his shoulder and snowplow somebody.

Bell not doing anything against the chargers is BS. He had 68 yards rushing or something like that and 3 rushing touchdown all in the redzone so to say he did nothing against the leagues best rushing defense is senseless. Go look the game up He scored 21 (18 if you want to get technical) of our 27 points. What keeps bell back is his indecisiveness and his iffy pass blocking hes gotten better at blocking, but still needs to improve.

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    jeb is not the answer at TE we need to get a great catching TE like the chargers, cheifs, steelers, cowboys.

Leave a comment:

• keithbishop
    replied
    Let's not forget that Anderson's lost 2004 season was due to the fact that he ran into a PRE-SEASON game on the punt coverage team to fill in for a rookie who was supposed to be in the game on that play. Mike Anderson was a true team player who worked as hard as anyone on the team....especially in his injury rehab. We will be quite lucky if someone like Ron Dayne follows in Anderson's footsteps. If Tatum Bell worked like Mike Anderson, Bell would have easily been our starting TB.

Leave a comment:

• ORANGE&BLUETRUE
    replied
    Thank you Mike Anderson!!!!

You know, everyone has an opinion and everyone has a mind, it's making the 2 work together when expressing an opinion that counts. Mike Anderson did some great things for the Broncos and above that is a Marine. Why hate on a person for being cut from a professional football team? It just does'nt make sense.

Leave a comment:

• DieHard
    replied
    Seeeee Ya Ma!

I guess Anderson had some good qualities - he was a team player and had heart, but so did Travis McGriff. The strength of this team is running the football and every single back we have had ran better. 1000 yards Pffffft no biggie well have a 1000 rusher this season too. Im happy to see this guy go he lacked instincts and cutback abiltiy, he had zero moves and no speed. He was ok but not championship caliber. He ran real well vs the Steelers didnt he? Maybe all the pot smoking made it hard for him to pick a hole. Who knows?

And yes Alexander is a bust - he can block, but he cant catch - watch how many he drops this season.
    Last edited by DieHard; 03-06-2006, 01:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Firstwave64
    I repeat Alexander can not catch he is a choke monster!

didn't Alexander get a touchdown with a 1 handed catch in the end zone in the eagles game?
    Yea he did. That shoulda earned him a probowl trip................

Leave a comment:

• Firstwave64
    replied
    YAY!!!!!!!!! Mike Anderson is gone! The guy takes an hour to pick a hole, has zero juke and no speed! And it looks like the Master Mind agrees with me! BELL WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF DEFENSES!

Im sorry to see Pryce go, but we can fill his spot.

Jeb was the real loss Alexander cant catch at all. I repeat Alexander can not catch he is a choke monster! With our passing game lacking this is going to hurt us badly if we can't get Jeb back. I hope Duke can get deep down the middle and take the hits.

I repeat Alexander can not catch he is a choke monster!

didn't Alexander get a touchdown with a 1 handed catch in the end zone in the eagles game?

Leave a comment:

• Denverfan71
    replied
    Im surprised this thread got 2 pages

Leave a comment:

• Inkana7
    replied

Jeb was the real loss Alexander cant catch at all. I repeat Alexander can not catch he is a choke monster! With our passing game lacking this is going to hurt us badly if we can't get Jeb back. I hope Duke can get deep down the middle and take the hits.
    Are you retarded or something?

Wow..

Leave a comment:

• mattos
    replied
    i was shocked to hear mike was released . . . i haven't been following the offseason very closely so it came as a complete surprise. frankly, i didn't realize he was making enough to pose a cap problem. miss him already though - anderson and pryce are the best sort of player - hard working and not arrogant.

Leave a comment:

• WABronco
    replied
    Anyone here think that maybe he's being sarcastic and he's trying to make a point? I was getting tired of all the "WHY DID THE MORONS CUT MA" threads...

If he's being serious, then bleh. Whateva....

Leave a comment:

• broncobuck
    replied
    Did you watch this season at all?

Tevor pryce Jeb Putzier and Mike Andersen all had amazing seasons this year. Mike Andersen always got yards after contact and was certainly the go-to RB in goal line situations. If you had watched any games this season, you might have noticed that.

It is with regret we see these fine players go....

Leave a comment:

• maruske845
    replied
    Tatum isnt going to pile up 1900 yards..and mike isnt..but both them together did

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied

Yeah, Mike has no speed. I learned that during his 93-yard run and 80-yard screen pass. He takes forever to pick a hole. Yep, I learned that all during his 1,000+ yards he got this season.

One thing did come to my attention while reading your post, however: Some of the posters on these boards aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

-----

Leave a comment:

Working...
X