• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatum on the trading block???

Future of speedster Bell uncertain as draft looms
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Staff Writer

Don't be surprised if the Broncos explore the possibility of trading running back Tatum Bell. If Denver feels good about its tailback situation and believes it could get a decent return for the third-year speed burner, a deal could develop.

Before any Bell deal can be talked about, however, Denver has to figure out what it is going to do at the position. The first step was the salary cap-induced release of Mike Anderson, who was the starter last season. Anderson, who will be 33 in September, could return, but there might be interest from Houston and Miami.

Denver's only experienced tailbacks are Bell and Ron Dayne, who hasn't re-signed. If Dayne re-signs, he will get a chance to start. But if the free-agent market goes flat, Denver could make a run at a veteran. Indianapolis' Edgerrin James and Baltimore's Jamal Lewis could be intriguing possibilities.

Denver also will address the position in the first few rounds of the draft. The Broncos could look at Denver native LenDale White, of USC, with their No. 22 pick - if he's available and they decide they want to use a high pick on a tailback. Denver usually doesn't select running backs in the first round.

Regardless of what happens, there will be at least one new tailback in town. That could mean the departure of Bell. In a saturated running back market, his worth is unknown, but interested teams may include Arizona, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Minnesota and New England. But because of Bell's speed, the Broncos will consider keeping him.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Not Bell I like this guy better than Dayne and want us to use our first picks for DE and WR.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

We better get something good for him.

Comment

I wouldnt mind dumping Bell, but after we get someone else in here.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          I wouldnt mind dumping Bell, but after we get someone else in here.
          Yeah I think we need a bigger back who has decent speed because Bell just cna't get those yards. But I do like how Bell can break the lng run at any time.

Comment

If y'all haven't noticed, it doesn't matter who we put back there, they're guaranteed 1000 yards... even this year we almost had 2 guys over 1,000 yards... Whether it's MA or Tatum or Dayne, doesn't matter... Our running game is never a problem...
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

From what I read today it seems that Dayne can't sign a contract until after he is officially a F/A (something to do with him signing a one year deal last season at vet minimum), but I would like to see them commit to him (which I think they are working on daily - something to keep him here long term) and bring in a rookie as insurance.

I would not be heartbroken if tater got traded away, but I don't think he holds much value as trade bait.

Comment

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod80Smith
                  Yeah I think we need a bigger back who has decent speed because Bell just cna't get those yards. But I do like how Bell can break the lng run at any time.
                  I like Bell but I think he is easily replacable. I dont think he is the every down back we usually have.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    Thanks BFC.

Its interesting, but I have to say I really don't see Lendale White lasting that long in the first round.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

if we get rid of bell, they better get something real good, like James. I don't want dayne to be the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Thanks BFC.

Its interesting, but I have to say I really don't see Lendale White lasting that long in the first round.
                        I dont see us using a first round pick on any running back regardless of who it is. Do you think Shanny would draft Bush if we had the number one pick? I dont think so. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          Thanks BFC.

--- ---

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                            Not Bell I like this guy better than Dayne and want us to use our first picks for DE and WR.
                            Shanahan will never use a first round pick on a running back, bell was his highest pick ever in the second. We draft a rb in the traditional 3rd or 4th round

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
                              if we get rid of bell, they better get something real good, like James. I don't want dayne to be the starter.
                              why not? didn't he excell in the zone blocking scheme in wisconsin?

Comment

Working...
                              X